Nerds Need Love Too: Chapter 20

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It was exactly one week before the dance.

The school was buzzing with girls trying to decide what to wear, how to style their hair, while I, on the other hand didn't care. I just rolled my eyes and scoffed about the whole situation. I mean it's not gonna their last. Freshmen and Sophomore's will there's again. While I-being a Junior, am only going because my secret admirer might be there.

"So should I wear this dress?"

Jessica and I were at our lockers, awaiting for third block to start. I looked at the dress, Jessica was showing me on her phone.

I sighed. "Jessica, you have a beautiful body, it doesn't matter what color you're in, you'll always look pretty". I gave her a smile before closing my locker.
"Aww. Stop! You're making me blush" as she rolled her eyes.

Mrs. Jelly wasn't here today, so we had a subsitute, called Mr.Ham. Snickering at his name, he really didn't do much, since Mrs.Jelly didn't leave us work, all he did was sleep. Since we had no classwork we talked.

"Hey Lily?"a soft voice said.

I looked up to see Jackson standing in front of Lily as she sat.

"Yea Jackson" she said as she looked up, looking at Jackson.

Lily, was a beautiful girl. She was fairly quiet, and shy. With light brown hair falling below her waist, and with a few dirty blonde hightlights, her eyes were a light green ,catching Jackson's attention.

"I was wondering if you'd like to go with me to the dance?" he asked.

I could tell he was nervous, because he dug his hands in his pockets, and slowly looked at her nervously.

She looked to the side as if she considering going with him.

Jackson was a jock. He was very popular against his peers, handsome, muscular, and athletic. Playing for the football team, and being a wrestler at our high school has some benefits. He had dirty blonde hairs, with dark brown streaks, and was tan. But Jackson isn't like other jocks. He's very loyal, he doesn't cheat on his girlfriends, he doesn't do one-night stand. He's very ... boyfriend like.

She turned her and looked at him. "I would love to go to the dance with you" she said softly.

I was glad that Jackson asked Lily out for the dance. They looked like a cute couple.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starving, I jumped in the lunch line, grabbed my food, and quickly went down to a table, scarping down my food one by one.

"Whoa! Slow down Milly, it's not like it's going anywhere." I imagine who-ever this was smirking.

Slowly looking up from my half-eaten burger, it was Nick. . and he was smirking. Gobbling up my food, I muttered " I didn't eat since morning, and when I don't eat I get grumpy." as I stuff my mouth with french fries and chugged it down with club soda.

"Easy their Mill." Muttering a few colorful words, I looked up to see James, taking a seat by Nick.

"That's what I said" Nick muttered. Rolling me eyes, I laughed a little, and wiped my mouth.

"So whats brings you here?" as I looked up at both of them. "Well . . ." they stared at each other. I looked at them suspiciously.

Nick spoke up first.

"You know the dance is coming up... and me and James thought we could take you to the dance?"

I looked at them softly. Smiling, I said "Sure. But one question.. why do you guys wanna take me to the dance?" I questioned.

"Because . . " James said.

" We really care for you Mill, we wouldn't want anyone taking our girl!" Nick excalimed.

I rolled my eyes. "You guys are the best."

__________________________________________________________________________

"Oh hell-to the no!"

I officially hate dress shopping.....