Nerds Need Love Too: Chapter 28

Recap of Chapter 27:

I sang softly, trying not to disturb anyone.

"I wanna go there where you go

I wanna find out what you kn-"

I stopped when I heard a book drop in front of me. I looked down to see a pair of shoes. I slowly looked up as when the figure decided to show himself.

"James?"

Chapter 28:

(AN: Check out the song on the side. Believe it or not, their a group that performed for our prom at our middle school. I thought they were really good... and hot... :D)

He walked toward me and sat in front me. I raised my eyebrows. "Why are you here?"

Shrugging his shoulders, "Thought you needed company?"

I gave him a smile. " Well I got all the company I need. I have me, myself, and I." He rolled his eyes and nudged my shoulders. "But I would sure love your company." I said softly.

"I actually was looking for a book, then I heard someone singing. When I realize it was you, I didn't want you to stop. But then the book fell and . . yeah . . " as he looked at me, and shake nodded his head.

"You sing really beautiful Milly" he gave me a soft smile and I blushed. "Thanks" 

"So what are you listening to?" as he nodded his head toward my attention to my phone.

"Hannah Montana" I gave him a small smile.

He let out a chuckle. "Still a little girl?" My mouth formed a small "o", I let out a chuckle before shaking my head. "No!"

I unlocked my phone and change the song, to "Hold Ya Remix", I showed him the music and he smiled. He got one of my headphones and looked at me, is if saying 'Can I listen?'. I nodded my head and gave him a small smile.

(A/N: Listen to the song and tell me whatcha think?)

We jammed silently as I moved head side to slide, while James did the same. I mouth the lyrics as they sang.

As the song ended he took out the headphone out of his ear and said " Their really good." I nodded. "So Mill excited for the dance?"

I nodded my head and smiled. "Of course, I am. I'll be with you and Nick."

and him . .

" I can't wait either. This will be my last dance I'm going to. My dad got a promotion so we're moving. . " He gave me a reassuring smile. I gasp. "Are you serious?" My smile turned into a frown.

"Yea. I know it sucks right?" he gave out a chuckle."But no worries, we're not moving as yet. So I guess that's a good thing."

"It does indeed suck. Well we can maybe hang before you leave?" It sounded more like a question then a statement.

He nodded his head and said "I'd like that" and smiled.

~*~*~*~*

By the time school ended I was feeling ecstatic. Just a few steps closer till the dance.

"What's got you in that mood?" as Jake appeared by my side, and questioned my huge smile that was plastered on my face.

I was walking home after a long day from school.. finally.

I let out a giggle. "Well . . I'm just one step closer . . " as I looked up, looking like Jessica, wondering if Shay was gonna ask her out to the dance.