Chapter 26- Down To Ride Til The Very END

Few Months Later

I twirled around the wooden floor as I danced to the sweet sounds of Whitney Houston. It was official. I was Mrs. Carter.

The journey to this point had my mind in a frenzy. I knew things wete going to be rocky and what I wanted out of this marriage was gonna require more blood and tears but I was ready. I was in love with Jay and as much as I tried to convince myself that we couldn't last; I ended up back here. To the point where I didn't want anyone but him.

"How many kids did we say we wanted again? Six?" Jay asked as he starred those golden brown eyes into mines.

"Four." I laughed. "But if God gives us 6 I won't complain." I kissed him.

Jay and I have been back and forth with our decision but I knew he was what I wanted and I don't think there was anyone else I could see myself. As much as I respected my father, I couldn't let him run away the only person I love. Jay was the one and I knew it.

"So how does it feel to be Mrs. Carter?" He asked kissing me in the nape of my neck.

"Like the first time we made love. Heaven on Earth." I smiled as I pushed him further into my body.

I really didn't want to let him go. In this moment, I had one person to answer too, Jay.

I hadn't seen a healthy marriage in my family but I was gonna make it worth it. I knew marriages were not perfect but I was willing to put in the work. If we were able to stick it out through all these years I knew we could do it for a few more.

As I watched my family and friends dance around the floor I smiled to myself. I knew our dreams were far from being a reality but in this moment it all felt right.

As I held my husband close, I prayed in my spirit for our union, I had seen too many divorces and could possibly be seeing another with my mother but I didn't want that for us. Our marriage was gonna be worth it, through it all.

"Whats on your mind?" Jay asked as we sat on the plush white couch.

"Just talking and thinking." I kissed his lips. "I know we all have our own demons to face but I want us to them together. Just promise me you will fight alongside me." I said starring into his deep brown eyes.

"Until death." He replied.

Resting in his embrace, we sat there discussing our futures. I was at the top of my career but I really was ready for our lives to begin. I wanted to have our little kids running around and a huge belly for us both to rub at night.

As we said our goodbyes to our families, I kissed my mother and hugged my father as I hugged Jay closely. This was our moment, our lives and was willing to make if last.

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

Lifting the shutters from our private plane, I gazed outside the beautiful paradise of The Bahamas. As a part of our wedding day, Jay decided to gift us a beautiful home in Nassau and an island right of from it.

The Bahamas had to be my favorite place ever. The waters, the people, the food was everything. Beside here, Paris was my next best place.

"Wake up baby." I leaned towards Jay as I felt his hard wood. Although I had a tour to prepare for and numerous interviews to do and performances, I wanted this short moment to be ours before our honeymokn phase is cut short.

"I could definitely get used to this." He  chuckled to me as he pressed my hands further down.

"Thats why we have forever." I smiled to him.

Kissing him passionately, we gazed over the beautiful city as thoughts of our trip flashed before me. We were gonna use this time to build our trust, detox our minds and plan for our future.

Hopping inside the waiting SUV, Jay and I took of to our secret paradise.

Life wasn't about to be easy but we had eachother and I truly believe God wanted this.

The End.