Chapter 8- Build A Bridge & Get Over It

Shawn POV

I dashed down the streets of NYC hoping to make it in Brooklyn as fast as possible. I called my sister Annie who happened to be in the area and ask her to meet me there. Solange and I aren't the best of associates but her son really brought us close. I knew in my mind that leaving her alone when she was depressed, hurt, suffering and alone would be a bad idea. But Bey wanted to leave and I'm obligated to my woman not her family.

Everyone was in their feelings last night. I over handled Daniel a little bit but I needed him to realize that I don't approve of anyone disrespeting my woman and I sure as hell have a problem with men putting their hands on any female. Eventhough Solange always came of as disrespectful and crazy to me, I still had a duty as her sister's boyfriend and as a man.

I finally made it to Brooklyn in a few minutes and as my car drove a little further towards her I started to panic. Her home still had the front lights on, all the windows were shut and inside of it was dark. I signalled my car and drove into her drive way parking the car and hopping out. I stood by the door for a few seconds before running around in the back to make sure everything was okay. Around the house same normal but the inside was too quiet.

I fumbled around the front garden until I found the key to the house. I unlocked the door and pushed it open. I immediately stepped back as my body was invaded by an all to familiar scent. A strong swift wind rushed passed me like it was trying to escape, my nostril started to burn as the heavy aroma collapsed in my nose. The smell of weed invaded the atmosphere. I wrapped my towel around my nose, tying it to the back of my head as I pulled open the window and doors releasing the captured air.

I walk into the kitchen and living room finding bottles of vodka and other alcohols scattered around the place. I spotted a few burnt cirgarette that were imprinted into the living room carpet. I walked into Julez room only to find his toys and clothes scattered around. I glanced around me and notice the empty bags of weed surrounding the floor.

I finally realized the consequences of it all as I dashed upstairs into her room. I pushed the room door open that was covered in darkest. Her curtains were closed and the only thing on was the air condition. I look on the floor next to the bed and found Julez laying there clinging onto a blue blanket.

It same as if he had fallen out the bed and was just left there to stay until he stopped crying and just fell asleep. I started to move towards him until I heard a angry voice from the side of me.

"Don't touch my motherfucking kid." It said. I turn to my right to see Solange rocking back and forth in the corner underneath her A/C.

She sat there with her knees against her chest, accompanied by a bottle of Jack in her left hand and a joint in her right. With every drink, she took to long puff. I opened up one of the blinds and observed the many empty bags around her. Her hair was matted and her skin was stink with weed.

"Solange this is your son. Please don't tell me you watched him fall out the bed and you just left him there? Because thats fucked up." I said moving my eyes from her to Julez.

"Don't worry about my kid. He aint yours." She said as she continued her rocking.

"Him not being my kid doesn't change the fact that I do care for him. He is a child. He has no knowledge of what the fuck is happening around him. He doesn't deserve this." I said becoming annoyed at the arrogance this bitch has right now.

"Look. Don't worry about the fuck I do. This is my life. Not yours so fuck of." She started screaming. Her rocking then turned into shaking assure me that not only was her mind not in good shape but that she was one hell of a crazy bitch.