Chapter 4- Can I Live?

SHAWN POV

The finishing touches to 'Lost One' were finally made as I sat against the control board listening carefully. Every word flowed perfectly like I had hoped. The song would definitely be the most personal so it was a must that nothing was taken out of context.

"Jay you 100% sure you wanna do this?" Tyty asked.

"Yes, its no big deal. Its my reality. In order for me to go on I gotta be honest with myself and thats my truth." I reassured him.

"Yea but lets see if its all worth it when Bey finds out." He said.

"I'm still a hood nigga what you expect. I live in my truth and by my truth. I'll explain it to her later tho'."

"So whats the next move boss?" One of my producers said.

"Bey suppose to hop on of the tracks. Its just gonna be a confirmation to whatever rumors, so its not gonna be a single or anything." I stated.

"What about you anniversary concert? She coming out for that too?" Tyty asked.

"Yea, I'm thinking about letting her jump on Song Cry."

"That should be tight tho'. She got that strong voice and her vocal is hardly tamed. Damn, just hearing her in "Listen'' was all I needed." Dr. Dre assured.

"Yea. I think thats what I'm gonna do. She's suppose to show up to pratice today so I'll see what she says."

"Jay?"

"Hov?"

Ty, and Dre said together.

"Yea?" I looked at them, confused by the puzzled looks on their faces.

"You gonna bring Bey around with Nas there? Is that a safe move?" Dr. Dre asked.

"Nas and I are cool man. What happened in the past is done with. He can try to pull that slick talk but aint gone do nothing." I said with a slight chuckle.

"Yea but I mean this is Nas tho' what if he go and pull her on the side telling her all type of shit and stuff." Dre said.

"He can tell her whatever, I never hid anything from her she knew about this whole situation a long time ago. Nothing changed." I reassured them.

"Just be careful homie. This game ain't change." He said.

"I know that better than most." I said. "I'm just trying to make peace and move on without worries. I don't wanna have to take the next step in my career, in my relationship and in my family having to deal with things thats been done away with. We both grown, got relationships and trying to make life work. We aint getting no younger so we gotta take the good with the bad." I continued.

After the studio session I packed my things away and head to the rehersal hall.

I sat in the rehersal building that I had rented with a few of my concert directors. Everyone had been working really hard on ensuring that this production rings of perfectly.

This concert was the celebration of the 10th year anniversary of my first album "Reasonable Doubt". It's set to show case the transformation and growth of me as a man more than artist, through my performance, collaberations and guest while rapping old songs that still ensures them that I can still relate to some of the bad things happening in the lives of young men today.

"So the plan is to belt out the entire album, start to finish so we start with 'Regrets' and we end with 'Can I Live". I stated as everyone stood before me. "I'm still thinking but I got an idea." I chuckled at the unbelievable thoughts that were clouding my mind. "I wanna do a rehersal pre-concert, like I wanna show people the planning behind it and then we do the big show on Sunday." I announced.