Chapter 25- Your Wish Is My Command

Some time later

I removed my shoes from my feet as I kicked them to the side of the closet. So far, life was going smoothly and I had left Kelly's drama in the past and Solange was finally coming into her own. I was still making progress with both Kelly in hopes that she would recover from this funking state she constantly found herself in. It was no good to her health and I was worried about her.

It took me sometime to realize that I wasn't the cause for anything. I didn't put those evil thoughts in Kelly's head and I didn't put drug in Solange's hands. They did that and I had to come to grips with that reality. Not everyone saw life like I did.

Taking a quick shower, I tied my hair in a small bun, slipped on one of Jay's tee-shirt and crashed in bed. I had one week left before Jay's birthday and I wanted it to be special.

My relationship with Jay grew alot stronger after I started to follow my heart. I couldn't trust my father's advice anymore and I didn't care for them-not when it came to love. Currently, he and my mother were in an unhappy, unfaithful place. I didn't need people like that reign down on what I knew was meant to be.

"Beyonce?" My mother voiced called as she opened my hotel door and came to sit besides me.

"Hey ma." I said patting the side of the bed besides me. "What's going on?"

"Nothing much. Jay's family is set to be here by next week. I called them and the yachts been booked." She smiled.

"Thank you ma." I smiled.

"Listen. I know your father is the last man you want to hear anything from regarding love." She stated. "But, I am a woman and I believe in love."

"What are you saying ma?"

"Bey. My marriage doesn't determine yours. My life doesn't define yours. So, no matter what happens between me and your dad; you and Jay are meant to be. Don't let anyone take that away from you. You walked into that man's life and gave him hope, joy, love and faith. Thats what loves about."

"Thanks ma." I hugged her.

"You're welcome." She smiled. "So with that being said. Don't let another year go by and you too are not married. Its 2007, things are changing. The world is evolving. People are growing. Take a chance."

"Okay. Now thats a bit to quick."

"Marriage is a union before God and once he's in it, it can only be for the better."

"Where does this leave you and dad?" I asked.

She stared into the distance and then looked at me. I wasn't a kid anymore and that was obvious. I had mature and in every which way becoming a woman that I desired.

"I am not going to fight a losing battle thats for sure. If he doesn't want to be here anymore, I can't make him stay." She said shaking her head.

"Mom. Whatever you decide I am very fine with that." I said assuring that her decisions will be best for all of us.

"I don't know if we could ever be the same." She said shaking her head.

For a brief moment, there was silents as I heard my mother's uncried tears.

"Well. Get some rest. You got a long week ahead." She said patting my thigh before standing from the bed.