Chapter 22- can't love you anymore

It was raining cats and dogs so you and Sindy decided to host a "movie marathon sleepover" with the rest of the girls in your apartment.

"Oh, did you all receive the text?" You asked out of curiosity, with your eyes fixed on the tv screen.

" no... what text?" Hannah asked as she took a glance at you, raising one of her eyebrows.

"Sajangnim! Didn't he send you all a text too? He told me to meet him tomorrow morning in his office," you said, feeling uneasy.

"I think you're the only one who got the text," said Sindy.
"Omg... what does he want from you," Sindy added.

"Don't worry, I am sure it will be fine!" Nina comforted you.

Later that night, it didn't took quite long for the girls to fall asleep as they were all tired from all the busy schedules you all had for the past few weeks. However, it took you a few hours to fall asleep because you can't help but wondered why was sajangnim looking for you.

---------------------------------
"Aisshh," you woke up to the sound of your alarm clock.

"Good morning!!" shouted Sua, the early bird from the kitchen while she was preparing breakfast for you all.

"Pancakes?" Sua asked as you walked out of your room.
"Yeah sounds good," you answered as you walked slowly towards the bathroom to get wash up.

"Hmmmm, that was soooo goood!!!" Nina shouted excitedly.
"Is it that good? Omo, I guess I should join the masterchief!" Sua teased.

"Wait, have you brush your teeth yet, Nina?" You asked after you put a small piece of pancake that you have just cut into your mouth.

Getting embarrassed, Nina quickly changed the topic.
"Yaa!! It's almost 10am, if you don't hurry up and finish your pancakes, you're going to be late,honey," Nina said as she poured you a glass of milk.

"Ya, tara unnie," Sua called out to you, sounding serious.

"Wow, that's the first time you call me unnie!!" You teased.
"Yes, uri(our) maknae. Is there anything you want to tell me?" You asked.

" Don't worry, unnie! You'll be fine later !! Sajangnim probably want to meet you to discuss some extra details about our album!" Sua comforted you.

"Aww thanks ,hopefully" you answered as you put on a weak smile.

-------------------------------
With a heavy heart, you began your walk to the company while listening to Hyukoh's music in your earphones to calm yourself down.

Without yourself even realizing it, you were already standing infront of the sajangnim's office.

"Come on in," said Sajangnim from the office as he heard you knocking on the door.

You opened the door slowly and you were shocked to see hanbin inside as well.

"Oh," said Hanbin as he gave a look that screamed "what are you doing here" .

"You two must be very surprise why I call you two over,right?" Sajangnim finally spoke after an awkward 5 minutes of silence.

Neither hanbin nor you were brave enough to answer him because he did not look very happy at all.

However, knowing it'd be rude if both of you didn't answer sajangnim, hanbin picked up every courage that is left in him and answered "yes" softly.

Sajangnim let out a heavy sigh as he threw a stack of photos on the table angrily and said "here,".

Those photos were pictures of you and hanbin that were taken by the paparazzi during the day you two went to the amusement park with hanbyul, the day of the date you two went on in Japan after the YG concert and some are the ones that you two met up secretly for a date.

You were at a loss for words after seeing the pictures.

"I warned you two before, didn't I?" Sajangmin asked.
"Tara ah, didn't I tell you not to date? Why are you not obeying my rules? Your debut is just around the corner and you're having this kind of news? What's worse is the guy that you are dating is from the same company. What will people think about us?" he said as he let out another sigh.

"Why are both of you so naive? Did you two really just went outside and hang around, expecting you two will not get caught by anyone, at all? Hanbin ah, you're already an idol that has debuted years before, you know how it works in this industry! If people know you're dating, your career is over! Fans lose their interests in you. Not all fans but majority will. This is awful but it's the truth. We have to accept this harsh truth," he continued, slightly raising his voice.

"You two are lucky because that man who took these pictures of you two were only after money so I gave him the money he wanted and he didn't expose you two," He explained to you and hanbin after calming down.

"I hope something like this never happen again! Think carefully and come up with a solution yourselves. At this age, would you like to have a stable career that could let you be financially stable or a relationship that you have no idea how long it would last," said Sajangnim before he told you two to leave his office.

After coming out from the office, you and hanbin had not exchange a single word. Your heart was literally breaking on the inside with every single step you take because you know both of you had to come up with a solution before you two leave the building today or else it'll just keep being drag on and you know hanbin knows that too.

"He's basically asking us to break up, after all that words he said," hanbin finally decided to be the first to speak up.
"That doesn't even make any sense!" He added as he let out a sigh.

"This is it, it's now or never. I have been looking for opportunities to break up with hanbin because I don't want to lie to him anymore and this is the perfect chance," you thought in your head.

Thus, you took in every courage that was left in you and took the first step to mention the word 'break up'.

"Well, I think it does make sense," you said while looking straight,avoiding hanbin's eyes because you know the moment your eyes meet his, you will gave in AGAIN.

"What?" Hanbin asked, sounding annoyed.
"Maybe what sajangnim told us wasn't wrong at all, he is right! Most people lose interest when their favourite idol got into relationships and I have waited so long for this chance to debut, I don't want to risk it!" You said, as tears rolled down your cheeks.

"Continue holding on to this relationship when we both know it is not going to benefit any one of us is toxic! Yes, we are in love with each other now but can we promise that we will still be in love with each other 5 or 10 years later? No, we can't. I NEED this job. Being a singer is my dream and I need money to support my family back in the states," you continued.

"Hanbin ah, I am really sorry. As much painful as It hurt me to say this,I still have to," you said.

"I can't love you anymore.. no.. we can't love each other anymore ... Hanbin ah, let's .. let's... let's break up," you finally said it at last. You felt like you were losing yourself when you finally let go of the words you've been wanting to say for a long time even though it hurt you to do so.

"Nooo, nooo, tara! We can fix this. This can't be the only way?" hanbin said, with his eyes getting teary as he held onto your hands.

Just seeing him cry made your heart that was already broken felt more broken. You raised your hand and swiped away his tears and kissed him on his cheeks softly.

"It hurts now, i know but time will heal it all. Forget and forgive me please," you said as you pushed his hands away from yours and ran as fast as you could into the elevator.

Once the door of the elevator were closed, you legs gave in and you had a mental break down. Tears began to fall uncontrollably and your heart hurts so much you felt like you were dying. How can such pain exists without any physical harm?

AUTHOR'S NOTES 💗💗
Hey guys I m back with another chapter.
Hope you like it & next chapter will be going out within this week (hopefully)
Don't forget to share vote & like.

Thanks to all who have added this story to their reading list <3