Chapter 30

"Hayes!" I yelled as he started tossing pillows at me. I stood at the doorway of his room and he was fiddling around with stuff in his room. "I can't even keep track of how many times you've said my name every time I've done something." He said with a smile.
"What can I say? Your name's addicting" I raised my eyebrows and let out a giggle. "Someone's becoming obsessed with me."
"In your dreams."
"Yes, yes you are." I've heard that pick up line a bunch of times. Whether it was in person or just over social media. It's been over used so many times that whenever I hear it, I seem to have the urge to roll my eyes. But when Hayes said it, I didn't have the urge to do that. Instead, I had the urge to attach my lips against his and have my hands run through his hair. "So what movie do you wanna watch?" I asked as I took slow steps into his room. "I don't know, just not any chick flicks"
"Hey! Why not?!"
"They're just boring and seem fake."
"Some are actually addicting and feel real."
"Like?"
"A walk to remember, the vow, even some about young love, like flipped, little Manhattan-"
"These type of movies seem to be your drug" Hayes said.
"Well yeah, I mean-" before I could finish my sentence he pulled my arm with a quick swing and tucked me close to his body. Our bodies touched and It was like I could feel the heat from his body somehow trailing its way to mine. My eyes focused onto the little details of his face and I couldn't think of any word to describe it except beautiful. I know that isn't normally a word to describe the male gender, but with a beautiful mind comes with a beautiful soul. Some people judge what people look like so quickly. I know I did the first time I saw Hayes. Who knew under the tatted skin, would be a kind hearted soul who would come by at your house at 4 am when you needed a shoulder to cry on. "Well you're my type of drug," Hayes Whispered as he licked his lips. I laughed. "I love you."
"I like you Hayes. I really do." He shook his head before releasing me. "Now come on, let's watch this movie." I somehow got to him and we ended up watching the lucky one. I took a seat on the floor as Hayes went to grab a few blankets. I was scrolling through my phone when I received a text.

From: carter

Hey, are you busy right now? Maybe you could come over, I wanted to show you something. Or, actually, something I need your help with.

I shut my phone and ignored the text. I would reply to him later. Right now, I just needed some time with Hayes.

About halfway through the movie I started feeling a bit uncomfortable in my lower area. Somewhat felt like cramps and a...wave. If you'd like to call it. A wave of you know what. A wave that came once a month. A wave that all woman dreaded and cursed under their breath...yes that's right, my period.

I pulled away from hayes's cuddle and sat uncomfortably in my spot. "Everything okay?" He asked with a concerned look knotted onto his face. I swallowed a lump in my throat. "Um, yeah. I'm fine, I'll be right back." I stood up quickly as I dashed out of hayes's room and tried to find the bathroom. I hadn't been in hayes's house before, so this was a struggle. "Hi! I'm skylynn!" A little girl said. She popped out of the room near the bathroom and she looked about the age of 4 or 5. She was probably hayes's little sister as i had heard from before. I smiled at her. "Well hi skylynn" She came over to me and circled me. I felt self conscious as I had hoped I had not bled through my pants. She eyed me from head to toe. Her adorable face bobbing up and down like she was monitoring me. "You must be hayes's girlfriend!" Her cute voice squeaked. Again, I flashed her a wide smile. Her adorableness was getting through me, "well yes, I am."
"Your name is crystal?...right?" I felt my chest start to ache. She was young, she possibly had gotten confused with the names or she was just making a little joke towards me. "You're the girl hayes always talks about right?" I swallowed again before catching my breath. "Um no sky, I'm honey." Skylynn looked confused before she jumped up and down in her spot. "I like that name!!!" She rushed towards me and hugged my legs because she was so short. I felt another smile creep onto my cheeks and I felt warm inside. But I somehow felt another weight that wouldn't get off of my chest and another thought that wouldn't leave my mind. After a while she released from her grip and then went back to her own room. I made my way to the bathroom to see if I had bled through my pants. Gladly, I didn't. But I was right, my period had came 3 days early. I didn't know what to do as my eyes examined the bathroom toilet. I thought it would be rude to look through their cabinets to see if their mom had any spare pads. Maybe if I-
"Everything okay?" Hayes knocked on the door and I suspected that he had his ear pressed against it as well. "I'm fine."
"You don't sound fine. Open the door."
"No really. I'm fine."
"Fine my ass, open the door honey!" Hayes's voice become more thick and strict as I gave in and opened the door. His eyes bulged as they aimed towards me. "What's wrong!?"
"I told you I'm fine."
"Bullshit. I know you're not. Now tell me." I knew he wouldn't give up, that even if we were stuck in the bathroom arguing for hours, he wouldn't ever give in. So I did. "Well, I'm...uh," of course I was embarrassed to say it. I mean, who isn't? What am I suppose to say? Oh hey I'm on my period so I have blood flowing out my vagina. Got any pads? Or tampons? "There's no easy way to say it but..."
"My god, don't tell me you're pregnant!" Hayes yelled as he covered his ears and closed his eyes as his lip slipped out of his mouth. I couldn't help but giggle at his awkward actions. "No Hayes, I'm not." He exhaled deeply, "thank god."
"I'm on my period Hayes." I expected him to either be disgusted or keep his distance like most guys would but he just stood there starting at me. "Well okay, let's go." He started turning around.
"Wait! Where are we going? I-"
"To buy you some pads or tampons. What do you want?" Was he really asking this question?
"Are you really going to-"
"I'm your boyfriend. I technically have to. If you were pregnant, id have to help you raise the baby, but since you're just on your period, I at least gotta buy you something to help with your feminine hygiene. Id take that over raising a baby any day." The picture of Hayes holding a baby popped into my mind and slipped a giggle out of my mouth.
"What's so funny?" Hayes said with a half smile.
"Nothing."
"Let's go."
"Hayes, I can't go out like this."
"Like what? You look fine."
"What if i bleed through my pants? Or worse what if-"
"Fine. Stay in my room."
"What if I bleed onto the floor or something?" Hayes took a step closer to me and leaned close. "Then I'll have to kiss you to death." He licked his lips before giggling, which is weird because I've never heard Hayes giggle. Normally it would be more like a manly cough whenever he attempted a giggle. I followed Hayes back to his room hand and hand. I took a seat in my same spot before, hopefully not leaving my mark if you know what I mean. Hayes grabbed his car keys from his bedside table before stopping in his tracks to look at me. "Stay here. And if anything else happens, I think my mom's downstairs."
"Alright."
"I love you."
"I like you." He flashed me one last smile before disappearing down the stairs. I didn't know what else to do except lay back down in my spot. I felt unexplainably uncomfortable. I felt like I was floating in my own pool of blood and experiencing my own thunderstorm. Also known as cramps. I shut my eyes but opened them as I heard a muffled ring. I got up and started following the muffled sound. It came from beneath hayes's pillow. I picked up the pillow and saw that it was Hayes's phone. I took the phone in my hand and was unsteady of what to do next. Hayes never liked leaving the house or anywhere without his phone, and it would be rude of me to snoop...but then I saw the who the text was from..

Crystal.

No words popped up because it was an attachment Image. Known as a picture.

Without hesitation, I opened the message and a bunch of pictures popped up...but it wasn't just any picture. It was nudes.
Crystal's nudes.

I averted my eyes quickly in disgust and started reading the messages rather than staring at the photos. My heart tore when I saw that Hayes was actually flirting back with her. Using pickup lines and every thing, almost as if it wasn't him. But clearly, it was. My eyes stung as I continued scrolling with my back to the door.
"Hey, I forgot my-" I dropped the phone with a gentle thud as Hayes glared at me through the door. "Hayes I, um-"
"What the hell were you doing?"
"I was just-"
"Invading privacy?!"
"But you-"
"I forgot it. I know, but I didn't think you would have the nerve to open it! That's a disgusting thing a person could do."
"More disgusting than crystal's nudes?" I hissed. He stared at me as his face flushed blankly and his words seemed to get clogged in his throat.
"Honey...I...I'm.-"
"A douchebag? A jerk? A cheater? A playboy? Or all of the above."
"There's something I haven't told you yet. I have-"
"Save it. I thought coming back to you was something I needed in my life. But clearly I was wrong. I'm fine without you, and you're fine without me. Let's leave it at that."
"But honey, I-" I stormed out of his room and out the door. Now I didn't care much if I had bled through my pants. The night was dark and cold and that's what I needed. The cold wind pressed onto my cheeks as I sniffled and tried to make my way home. I sat on the curb as I pulled out my phone to call either Dante or harmony. A car's front light blinded me and shocked my as it stopped right in front of me. Once my eyesight became focus again, I saw who was in the car.
"Need a lift?" Carter asked.