Chapter 4

**the next morning**

I woke up with my eyes still feeling droopy and my body numb and not wanting to move. I wasn't much of a person to stay up late at night. I always slept early. Sleeping was a way for me to get away from everything around me.

It was 10 am the last time I closed my eyes and when I checked again it was 10:30. I told Myself to stop moping and get out of bed and somehow, I actually managed to do it. My mom would probably be out of the house and on her way to work by now so I thought I didn't need to do much explaining of why I was still wearing the same clothes that I did yesterday and why I looked like a corpse with the dark circles around my eyes. I dragged my legs down the stairs as I went to get a glass of water to try and wake myself up. I drank the cold water as it swept down my throat waking my system more. "$25 down" a voice said. I realized it was my sister Rachel. I jumped which caused me to choke on my water and spill a bit on the floor. "Shit. You scared me. And what're you talking about?" I said as I took a paper towel and started wiping away the remains of the water on the floor. I felt her glare eyeing my neck as I put my empty glass in the sink.
"Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about. I saw you last night" my sister blurted as she crossed her arms. "What?"
"Oh please. I saw you with hayes last night"
"How?"
"I was up late last night studying and Nash called and asked if I wanted to hang at his place. I said yes and was gonna walk there because mom would freak if she saw me leave the house at 2 am. Just like how I freaked when I saw you run away with your little boyfriend hayes"
"He's not my boyfriend!"
"Then why'd you run off with him?" At that moment I didn't know what to say. He wasn't my boyfriend but I wasn't even sure if he was even considered a friend either. I stared at the kitchen floor and picked at a tile with the tip of my shoe. My sister's stare was still haunting me as I felt my skin all over turn blotchy red with embarrassment. "I don't know okay?...he just showed up and..asked me to hang out and then I remembered our bet"
"I see."
"Wait. How'd you know that I went along with one of their pranks?"
"Nash told me where Hayes went and what he was doing. Come on, I'm your older sister. I at least have to worry about you and warn you about boy's who break hearts" she said as she pointed directly at me and gave me a look of seriousness but also made her look like she was just playing around.
"Break my heart? Please, he doesn't even own my heart."
"Whatever you say," my sister said as she turned around. "He doesn't own your heart yet" she mumbled.
"What was that rowdy Rachel?" I joked and she spun around at me with wide eyes.
"How'd you?!-"
"Oh everyone knows" I said sarcastically as I laughed and Rachel started chasing me around the kitchen table like we were that mouse and cat from that animated cartoon. She wasn't mad, nor was she serious with me. She was laughing as well I was.

We just kept running around the house for several minutes when my phone got a call. Which was strange because I barley ever got calls. My sister stopped chasing me and stomped her foot as she watched me answer the call.
"Hello?" My voice seeped through the phone
"Hey. It's hayes, busy schedule right now to hang or?" I eyed my sister who was giving me a smirk and making a sexual remark with her hands, I threw a dish towel at her.
"Well-uh, I'm busy with a couple friends of mine but-"
"You're lying. You asshole" Hayes joked. I could hear his laughter through the phone. "Wow. How'd you know? Anyways. Yeah I'm free. Where should we-?"
"Just come outside." Hayes toned voice said without any hesitations.
"What?"
"Come outside." His voice said again. I gave my sister a funny look as I spun my body around, making my way to the front door. My sister followed me. I didn't want her to, but I didn't see why she couldn't follow me to the front of the house. I opened the door and there stood blue eyes.
"Surprised?" He said. He wore a long sleeve that said reckless, black skinny jeans and black vans. His skateboard behind him like he was leaning on it and his brown shaggy hair covered again with a SnapBack.
"You know you're not suppose to call someone and tell them to go outside if you're going to surprise them." I said sarcastically as I let my body lean on the side of the door. My sister was behind me. She didn't say anything but I could feel her stare and crazy thoughts about me pounding inside her head.
"You're funny. At least I'm not wearing the same clothes that I wore yesterday" Hayes said with a smirk
"You have comebacks like a little girl"
"Yeah yeah, hey, I've been up all night. Now do you wanna come with me or?"
"Fine. Hold on give me a couple minutes." I said as I passed my sister and dashed up the stairs to get ready and try to at least look presentable