Chapter 12

I'm sorry for the lack of updates. I've been busy and lazy lately but tomorrow I'll try and update regularly again like before. I WATCHED THE FAULT IN OUR STARS YESTERDAY AND I CRIED THE WHOLE TIME😂🙋. MY BABY TURNED 14 TODAY😭😭aw hayes😭. Anyways, enjoy this chapter! And see if you can see the little hints in the list later in the chapter😏maybe you'll see what'll happen in the book. Thank you for 900+ reads!

----------------------------
"What the hell do you mean by pack?"
I hissed at my sister.
"You heard me"
"What?"
"Pack your things"
"Why?!"
"I swear if you don't pack your things I'm coming up there" my sister scowled at me.
"Go ahead!" I slurred as I backed away from the window not bothering to even wait for my sister's come back.

Pack?

Pack what?

Pack, why?

What for?

I sat at my bed and in a quick amount of time my sister came storming into my bedroom doorway and shut it hard behind her.
"Pack."
"Can you at least tell me why?"
"Adventure with the Grier's. Did I not make it clear enough?"
"What do you mean by adventures?" I asked. She rolled her eyes at me in annoyance. "Stop stalling and live a little" she said and she started throwing some of my clothes from my closet and stashing them in my duffel bag.
"Can, you at least tell me where we're going?" I said softly now. She looked at me with a soft expression and she knew I wasn't kidding around anymore. "It's a surprise"
"To who? To me? To you?"
"Stop asking so many questions. And, to both of us."
"Wha-?"
"Jesus Christ, just come on already." She finished throwing in various clothes and essentials in the duffel bag and zipped it up. She threw it out the window and her body slowly followed along with it. She hitched her hands on the ledge and slowly pulled her body out the window, and landed on the front lawn perfectly. As you can tell, I couldn't handle pressure and going places without having answers nor knowing where exactly I was going to. "Come on little sis!" She yelled through the window as she picked up my duffel bag that was thrown out the window and she dashed to her car. I hesitated to move, unsure of what my next move was. I wasn't adventurous. I never liked socializing. I wasn't very good at it, especially small talk. But me, being the stupid person I was, I quickly grabbed my journal that was placed on my bed and escaped through the window. I didn't know what was happening. I didn't know what I was doing or going along with. My sister yelled with excitement like she was at a party. I jumped in the car with her and she drove off in a quick speed. We were off.
Off to some where I didn't know with the Grier's.
With the bad boy and the bad boy's older brother who was probably just as bad as Hayes.
My sister rolled the windows down and blasted music as we drove down streets that were completely asleep with nothing but the flickering street lights to keep them awake.
I actually liked being there. Where I felt like life wasn't swallowing me whole. Where I could breathe.

Or actually, fly.

And so we were off, driving down streets with a ruckus of heavy music and wind flowing through our hair. I wasn't sure when we would return home, or, if we were actually ever going to return home.

My sister rolled the windows back up as we started getting onto the busy streets that were still alive at night and lowered the music down.
"So to tell me, why did you agree to this?" I asked. She flipped her blonde hair back and gave me a quick glance before gazing back to the road. "You need to live a little, I swear. You're like a fucking caterpillar not wanting to be a butterfly. Besides, Nash and I were planning on doing this ourselves but Nash insisted on inviting Hayes and his little friends. So I thought about inviting you. Especially since the "bucket list", It's easier to see what you're up to"
"Why do you seem so obsessed with the list?"
"I'm not obsessed I'm just teaching you a lesson"
"Lesson?!"
"Yeah, that no matter what you do to this kid, he's not gonna love you. He's gonna love what you do for him." My sister said. I felt my heart fall and my head tilted lower.
"D-do for him?..." I stuttered.
"Yeah. Do for him. Or actually, do with him. If you know what I mean." And I did know what she meant.
"So is this a lesson just to hurt me?..."
"No. It's to teach you to never let your heart's guard down."
"I don't like this lesson."
"Believe me. You'll be fine. Just don't fall in love with him. Because, if you do, you owe me $50" she playfully said as she gave me a quick smirk. Her words spun around in my head like a tornado and every second I thought about it, it hurt me even worse. Like little Mosquito bites to the heart that would eventually end up feeling like daggers being pelted at me. I sat for the rest of the drive In silence with my head rested on the cold window trying to numb my thoughts. My sister and I ended up at Timmy's. The diner I had talked about earlier. I was going to ask her why we were here, but she quickly got out of the car and rushed inside. I still stood there by the car door as I gazed inside the diner. The diner had the same ripped up ads plastered onto the window walls. the flickering neon sign that said Timmy's still stood out, especially during the night. Barely anyone was in the diner at this time, but inside, I could see several familiar faces. My sister went up to one and kissed them on the lips, it was Nash. Beside Nash, stood Hayes. And then followed by Hayes was Dylan, Riley and Logan. Hayes caught my eye and stared at me with no expression on his face except a small smirk that was peeking out from his lips. I quickly made my way inside.

The door chimed open with its usual bell and I immediately caught eye contact with everyone who stood there. I awkwardly made my way over to where my sister was who was clutching onto Nash's hand.
"Well welcome" Nash said.
"What's this all about?" I asked. The guys exchanged looks and nodded before Nash looked at me again. "Have a seat, actually. All of us, have a seat" he said powerfully and everyone followed what he had said, including me. We all crammed into a tight 6 person booth. Me first, then my sister and then Nash on one side of the booth and then Hayes, Dylan, Riley and Logan on the other, which of course, they had less space than we did.
"Can someone explain to me now what's going on?"
"Since it's hayes's birthday today," Hayes never told me it was his birthday. I would've greeted him or at least bought him a small gift. "We decided to go on an adventure." Nash said.
"Adventure to...?"
"That's the thing," Riley said as he pulled out a map and piece of crumpled paper with red marker on it and placed it on to the table.
"It isn't just one adventure.It's 10."
"10?"
"10 destinations," Hayes said. "We go to 10 places and if we can, we try and do at least one bad thing there."
"Like what? Breaking plates at your own house?" I sarcastically said.
"More like, breaking and entering into someone else's house" Hayes smirked.
Logan slid the paper with red marker all over towards me and they continued the conversation which now included Nash and my sister, discussing things. I brought the crumpled paper into my hands and mumbled the words that were written on it:

10 destination adventure:

1) beach
2) Taylor's house party
3) James's house (revenge)
4) tattoo shop
5) Dylan's house
6) drive in movie
7) warehouse party
8) lake
9) airport

And

10) 'only live once' challenge

I placed the paper back onto the table and the conversation stopped as they stared at me.
"Okay, so, probably half this list involves partying" I said.
"Not really." Logan muttered
"Well whatever, what does number 3 even mean? Revenge? What for? What does James singleton have to do with all this?" I asked. James singleton was the most popular guy in school, the popular guy who had eye catching hair and the perfect face. Like he was created naturally to be that perfect. He was the #1 player on the school's basketball team. "Singleton, stole Riley's girlfriend. So we plan on getting revenge on him" Logan said.
"How exactly?"
"That's a surprise hon" my sister said. For a few minutes I had completely forgotten that my sister and Nash were even with us.
"And what about mom Rachel? How is she going to react when she sees we're gone?"
"I told her we're both away on a school trip. We'll be back within a few days. Stop worrying." My sister said before she cuddled against Nash.
"Fine. But that doesn't answer my last question." I said.
"And what's that?" Hayes said
"What's the 'only live once challenge'?" I've known Hayes had talked about that before. But he had never told me exactly what It was.
"Oh that. It's a challenge where we go on our skateboards, and by we I mean Dylan and I because Riley and Logan are to pussy to do it-"
"Shut up Hayes and just tell her what you gotta do" Riley said as he rolled his eyes at Hayes.
"Fine, fine," Hayes continued "the point of it is to go on your skateboard and skate around traffic. In between cars and such, things like that. And we have to do it, on one of the busiest streets."
"That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard" I said.
"Exactly. That's why we're doing it." Hayes said as he stuck his tongue out at me.
"So this isn't much of an adventure. More like a bucket list" I said as I fumbled around with the paper of MY bucket list that was in my pocket still.
"I guess you could call it that" Dylan said.
"So, let's go?" Nash asked as we all started getting up from the booth.
"First stop, the beach!" Riley exclaimed. And so we were all off.

Nash, Hayes, Dylan. Riley and Logan took Nash's car and my sister and I took her car. Nash pulled out from Timmy's first and we followed. Nothing except the front car lights shining our way through the dark night. My sister drove in silence and I a sat in silence. I pulled out my journal and wrote. I wrote about the little adventures and even copied down the list that I had memorized earlier.

1) the beach. I scribbled down carelessly in my journal with my ballpoint pen