Chapter 17

When we arrived back at Taylor's house the party had already died down. The music shut off, several drunk and still hungover bodies in various places around the house. The bathroom, living room floor, kitchen floor. And several bodies hunched over in the front lawn with mouths open as their stomach hitched itself to vomit of what was swimming around in their stomach. I scrunched my face as we passed the drunk bodies and made our way inside through the open door. I didn't know what time it was but I knew it was way passed midnight and I was exhausted and I didn't want to do anything else except be devoured by a warm blanket and go north on the sleepy train.
"I see you weren't arrested." Nash said as he laughed and picked up several plastic red cups that were laying on the floor. The house was mostly a mess now. Besides the hungover bodies, plastic cups half filled with beer were flooding the floors. Along with a bunch of streamers and such. The normal stereotypical things you would see at a party in a movie or tv show. "Yeah. That's a first right?" Hayes said as he smirked to Nash's sass.
"How'd it go?" Taylor asked as he came through the kitchen door, looking alive as ever. Like he wasn't at all even at a party. I never understood it. All the guys, especially Hayes never sweat at a party or even looked like they were even at one. I've only been to a few parties in my life time and all of them consisted of drowning in my own sweat because of the intense heat in the house from the dancing bodies, and messy hair. A girl's biggest nightmare.
"Riley smashed his window." Dylan retorted. Both Nash's and Taylor's eye bolted. "What?! Did you guys get caught?!" They both said on unison. "Not my fault, he was such a piss off like always." Riley said defensively.
"But did you get guys get caught!?" Nash said again but louder
"Shit Nash, relax. We didn't get caught. Well, I mean- they almost saw us. But they didn't." Hayes said
"So we're not getting a call from the police any time soon?" Nash joked
"Maybe in the future" Hayes replied jokingly as he pushed passed Nash and Taylor. He shuffled his feet to the couch. Dylan, Riley and Logan crept their way up the stairs in exhaustion. I looked out the window and noticed the dark sky that was slowly releasing little raindrops. "Nash, Wheres my sister?" I asked. "She's upstairs sleeping. Which reminds me, I better get some rest also. I'm exhausted as fuck. I'll see you guys in the morning." Nash drifted up the stairs slowly as fatigue slowly took over him inch by inch. "Taylor, got a bottle?" Hayes asked Taylor. Taylor's eyes drifted behind the counter where he brought out a half bottle of beer. "Got any Thats actually full?" Hayes snickered. "You sure 'bout that?"
"Positive."
"Fine. But Hayes, don't fucking drive when you're drunk." Taylor said as he Handed Hayes a new full bottle of beer that looked un sipped. "No promises." Hayes lifted his eyebrows up which caused them to slightly arch as he started exiting the house. "Hayes, where are you going?" Taylor hissed. "To the car."
"Are you going for a late night drive? AGAIN? When you just got back?"
"No. I'm going for a late night drink in the car." Hayes said as he gestured towards us before disappearing out the door. Taylor scoffed as he started picking up the excess mess of the party around the house. "So I see the party was crazy?" I said with a half smile.
"Considering the room looks like Satan was just blown up in here, then yes. Yes it was." Taylor said.
"Anyways. I'm going to try and grab some sleep." I turned my heel and started waking towards the tower of stairs. "Wait." Taylor called.
"Yeah?"
"I don't know if there's any more rooms available...unless you wanna room with Hayes" Taylor mumbled. As he scratched the back of his neck and his cheeks turning a blotchy red to hide the embarrassment of turning a guest of his house down. "It's okay. I'll sleep on the couch" I smiled at Taylor who gave me a sincere grin before continuing where he left off. I made my way around the house to look for the couch which was supposedly thrown or pushed against a wall in one of the farther hallways by the lower level bathroom in Taylor's house. I jumped over bodies that looked like corpses and made my way to the runaway couch. The couch was surprisingly comfortable and not painful in my back at all. But I just couldn't fall asleep. I had tried for the past 20 minutes to get some shut eye but my mind just didn't want to rest. I tossed and turned around the small sliver of the couch but it just wouldn't do. I felt like I missed something. Or missed someone, and a part of me felt like it was my mom. No matter how stupidly it sounds, I missed her and I felt home sick. I felt my stomach turned uncomfortably tight and it caused my throat to feel scratchy and dry. I had a feeling everyone had gone to sleep already because of the silence that dimmed the house. So quiet that I could hear a paperclip fall and the ringing of silence was starting to annoy me. I groaned in frustration before picking myself up and stomped towards to the front of the house. I checked the time and it was already 7 am. The minutes I had thought turned into hours of me struggling to fall asleep. I decided I should just write to clear my mind and hopefully get some rest before everyone else had fully woken up. I opened the door and it was still raining. The clouds were a mixture of light and dark grey which ounces of water fled through. I took a deep breath as I crossed my arms to stop the shivers. I noticed a moving gesture in one of the cars. Of course, Hayes was still up. I squinted my eyes to get a better view and then without hesitation, I sprinted through the heavy rain and went inside the car Hayes was in. I shut the door quickly behind me and Hayes showed no movement or expression. He stared blankly out the windshield. I shuffled my weight over to see him better. "Why are you still up?" Hayes asked through the beer of his voice. He didn't sound drunk just tired. I could smell the beer evaporating from his clothes. Normally it would bug me if it was someone else, but considering it was Hayes, I let it slide. "I couldn't sleep. Not tired." I replied hoarsely. "Liar" Hayes hissed. "Excuse me?"
"You're a liar"
"How so?"
"You want to sleep. But you just couldn't. You're tired but your mind isn't."
"How'd you know?"
"I use to feel like that all the time, sometimes still do," Hayes took another long sip of his beer before finally putting it to the side. "You know what I use to do when I was sad?" Hayes said softly like he was whispering
"What did you use to do?"
Hayes giggled and licked his lips before speaking. "I use to listen to music. Sometimes Arctic monkeys or The 1975. Anything really that would take my mind off of things" Hayes's words caught my by surprised. He didn't look like one to truly love the passion of music. "Was...was this when crystal cheated on you...?" I mumbled. The minute I had said those words I felt like I wanted to punch myself. How careless I had been of my words. The words that fired at him like daggers. "Yes...yes. Hell to the fucking yes-you're right." Hayes said as he shook his head with anger and his lips look like they were quivering to stop himself from saying or doing something he would regret. "Well do you know what I use to do when my ex boyfriend had cheated on me?"
"What?"
"I use to put myself in the pain of listening to Ed sheeran music when I was heartbroken."
"Oh really?," Hayes said as he looked at me with confusion. "Why would you do that?" He said.
"Sometimes happiness can be mistaken as pain. And we never really know it until we hear songs telling us things that we exactly want to hear." I said as I gazed into his blue eyes that were tearing. Not sure if he was just painfully drunk or just really wanted to cry. I took out my phone and hooked it to the speakers of the car. I started playing the song give me love by Ed sheeran. Once the song had began playing I lunged Back into my seat and watched Hayes who was watching me back as Ed's words from the speakers filled the background.

Give me love, like her
Cause lately I've, been waking up alone
Paints splattered tear drops, on my shirt
Told you I'd, let them go
And then I'll fight my corner, maybe tonight, I'll call ya
After my blood, turns into alcohol

Hayes leaned closer towards me not pulling away from his gaze and I could practically smell the beer escaping from his lips

No, I just wanna hold ya
Give a little time to me, I'll burn this out, we'll play hide and seek, to then this 'round

And suddenly Hayes was leaning in, and I was leaning in, and his eyes were shutting, and mine were shutting and then our lips touched and my heart raced and pounded and the only thing I thought about were the plump lips that were on mine and all I could hear were Ed's soothing voice and the rain that was dancing around us.

And all I want is the taste that your lips allow, my, my, give me love.

Give me love, like never before
'Cause lately, I've been craving more.

And just like Ed's words...Hayes had came to mind.

Hayes pulled away softly letting our faces inch closer even without having our lips touch. He examined me for a moment before a small smile appeared. "So what's on your mind right now?" Hayes whispered to me as our faces were still close. "I'm just...missing right now."
"Missing someone? Or missing something?" Hayes said
"Someone. What about you? What do you miss?"
"Well, just right now, your lips against mine. But you know," Hayes joked which caused me to let out a small and short giggle. Hayes stared at me with a smile.
"Who do you miss?" He asked.
"I just feel a little home sick. That's all. And I don't know. I've just suddenly had the feeling of something hit me and I'm not sure if it's-"
"I love you." Hayes said cutting me off.
"Um,-?"
"Sorry. It's just...I love your rants, I love your mind, I just love you in general." Hayes whispered as he leaned in towards me closer again.
"I like you." I giggled when I had said that and so did Hayes.
"Will you like me forever?"
"I don't believe in forever" I retorted.
"What? What in bullshit's name do you mean?"
"I just don't. Forever is a non existent thing. Nothing lasts forever."
"You're wrong. And I'll prove it to you." Hayes said as he started the car and pulled out the driveway quickly.
"Where are we going?" I asked Hayes as I jumped in my seat. His face was flushed in concentration as he drove quickly but safely. "To the tattoo shop" Hayes said
"Isn't that where we have to go to the next destination with the rest of the group like Nash and-"
"Screw them. It's just you and me going on this next destination."
"Why? What's wrong with being with the grou-"
"Because you're mine and I wanna run away with you."
"Run away? We're going to the tattoo shop."
"But no one knows where we are, except us two. And I consider that a private run away. They could think of millions of places where we could possibly be at, but no one will truly know. And that's what I think a relationship should be like. Where no one else matters"
"So we're in a relationship now?"
"Yes" Hayes said with a smirk
"Says who?"
"Says me. A problem babe?"
"Yes. Why do you always get the last word?"
"I don't."
"Yes you do. You like to piss me off don't you?"
"Hell yes I do."
"Shut up."
"I love you."
"No stop. I should get the last word."
"I especially love you for that."
"Ugh. I hate you."
"Love you."
"I Like you." I said. Proudly sure that I finally had the last word.
"And this is what a relationship should be like." Hayes said

-------------------------
Thank you for 2k+ reads!😊💕 ilyg. I might not update a lot this week because school for me, is not over yet and I still have to finish up a few projects so I'll be occupied. But if I find a few spare minutes I'll try and whip up a chapter❤️I've even thinking about doing a live YouNow. I'm not sure why the thought occurred to me, but I was just wondering if I should. Should I? If I did, would you guys watch it? I would answer some questions and all that fun stuffffff haha, let me know what you think if I should or not!😉