Chapter 9

Her lips tasted like shots of vodka as her hot breath collided with mine. I wasn't complaining. It felt nice actually, which I never really expected it to be. Most drunk kisses I've had in the past were all slobbery and disgusting. Like I was making out with a fish. But this kiss wasn't like that. No, not at all. This kiss sent shocks through my body and caused my body to go warm like I was blushing. But I'm hayes, I never blush.

Honey's POV:
I didn't know what was happening.

Was I still drunk?

What's going on?

My mind completed zoned out and suddenly words were pouring out my mouth like my own thoughts. And next thing I knew, hayes's lips were pressed against mine. His lips were startled at first but after a while his lips started moving in perfect sync with mine. Hayes pulled away and eyed me. "You're drunk" Hayes said.
"Am I reallllyy?" I said. Okay, I guess I was still some what drunk. But at least I could say what I was thinking now. "Shit yes you are, you're doing stuff that you don't even know that you're doing!" Hayes yelled.
"Alrighttt fineeee I guessss I am drunkkkk" I giggled after. My mind was stable enough to know hayes had yelled and I didn't bother arguing. If I he thought I was drunk, then I guess I am. I cared about pleasing the people around me more, rather than following what I thought was right and what was wrong. It was just a stupid way of mine that thought I would feel accepted. "Just stay here okay?" Hayes said as he walked towards the doorway
"Where are you goingg?"
"Downstairs. To Jessica."
"Fuckk, Hayes don't go!"
"And why the fuck not?"
My cheeks started feeling hot and I was definitely crying now. Like the tears were washing away my drunk ness slowly and suddenly started feeling the pain again. What was I suppose to say? Fuck, don't go because I love you? Bullshit. No, I don't love him. My mind does these things. They trick me into thinking stuff that'll get my hopes up and then have anything come crashing down at me. "I-I...I thought you cared about me..." I stupidly mumbled.
"Who the fuck said I cared about you?" Hayes hissed before he stomped out of the room.

I felt broken again. broken because that boy who just walked out on me tricked me into believing the greatest things possible. That there was hope to love again. But this wasn't a fairy tale that would end in happily every after. No. This wasn't Cinderella, nor Ariel. This was more like Snow White where people will do anything to kill me. But the only thing that is killing me is my own thoughts. But in this story...there would be no Prince Charming to awaken me by a kiss.

I laid back down on the bed grabbing at my hair. I clenched my jaw and every muscle on my body. My throat felt scratched and sore. Was I screaming on the inside? Well actually, I was. I covered my face and felt the tears layering out. Pouring down my cheeks, off the side of my face and fallen on my lips. My head was hurting now and I could still hear the pounding of the music and it felt like it was pounding inside my ears and was about to explode. I could still imagine the sea of sweaty bodies filling the living room, I could imagine Taylor by the counter serving shots to people like me, taking shots to wash away the pain and my thoughts, I could imagine carter...

Carter...

"Hello?" A voice said. The door squeaked open and Carter's head popped in through the doorway.
"Carter?"
"Hey. Taylor told me your name was honey, you never really told me your name earlier considering you were going north on the drunk train" carter said as he shut the door behind him and came towards me and sat on the side of the bed. Inches away from where I was.
"Sorry. I guess I get drunk easy. First time you know?"
"Yeah. I do know. How you feeling?"
"Awful"
"Thought so." He said
"What?"
"I knew you would be feeling awful. A Hangover."
"A hangover?"
"Yeah. Usually you feel like garbage afterwards. I get headaches sometimes whenever I have a hangover"
I scoffed. "you're kidding" I said sarcastically.
"Dead on serious. Here," he said as he held out a towel and placed it on my forehead. The cold towel sat perfectly onto my forehead as I adjusted my gaze to carter.
"Better?"
"It's okay."
"Now tell me, what are you doing here on a school night" he said. As if he was my parent.
"What do you mean?"
"Well, you don't look much of a party girl. Why'd you come with Hayes anyways?"
"I thought...Hayes and I were some what friends...I don't know. All I do know is, I want to go home and forget all about this day and night"
"Want me to take you home?"
"Would it be a bother?"
"Not at all."
"Well then let's go."

Carter helped me get downstairs without tripping over and making our way through tight spaces of bodies. We passed by Taylor's counter. "Hey, heading out?" He asked
"Yup"
"Nice meeting you honey, take it easy next time okay?"
"Nice meeting you too Taylor. And, you got it." We flashed one another a goodbye smile and carter and I went out front towards his car.
"Wait. Can we walk?" I asked.
"Are you sure you can-?"
"I'll be fine."
"Alright."
So instead of taking his car we instead, passed by his car and made our way off the busy street filled with people who had drinks in their hand and passed several bodies which were hunched over at the curb and vomiting.
"That could've been me puking" I said to carter and he let out an adorable laugh.
"Why'd you take so many shots anyways?"
"I don't know. I guess I just liked the icky pain it sent down my throat. It's the least pain I've ever been through."
"Huh?"
"Do you have time for a story?"
"Of course."
"Even a very long story? That could possible take an hour to tell?"
"Uh-huh"
"An hour and a half?"
"Uh-huh"
"2 hours?"
"Uh-huh"
"What if-"
"Id listen to your story all night if I have to." Carter said and I felt my insides melt and my heart fall to my stomach.

Carter and I walked all night long through the cold misty air which smelt of wet cement. Did it rain earlier?

I told him everything. To the beginning of how it started with my father and how my day at school ended today. It probably took an hour or so, but I didn't know. By the time I finished my long rant carter and I had already arrived at the steps of my house. "Thanks for actually, you know, listening"
"It's not a problem at all." He said, and i caught myself gazing at him with awe. His dark hair spiked up a little bit like it was an on purpose bed head look and it was covered with a snap back. His dark eyes had my insides swooning over him but yet I barely knew him.
"Maybe I'll see you around sometime?" I said nervously that my words sounded shaky
"Id like that."
"Goodnight carter"
"Goodnight honey." Normally I would cringe at the name honey, but with carter...I didn't seem to mind.

Hayes's POV:

"Hayes? Baby? Are you okay?" Jessica said as she pulled away from her kiss. We were in the same corner we were in earlier, trying to forget what had happened earlier. That nothing interrupted us. But I just couldn't forget. It was impossible. When honey kissed me, I didn't pull away. Not that I wanted to. I really thought, that I felt something there. That I've never felt before. I'm hayes. The neighborhood bad boy, I'm not suppose to feel anything. Let alone love. I've never been in love, besides crystal. She was my everything. And she slipped through my fingers like sand. I forgot what love was when crystal had cheated on me...but when I kissed honey, it felt like it all rushed back to me. After that, I just got angry. And I let out all my anger on her. I don't know why I was angry. Maybe the thought of crystal cheating on me brought my anger out from a long time ago. i didn't mean what I said to honey. I cared for her. Of course I did. But I needed to figure out for myself first...if there was something more to that kiss than what I had thought. And if so, was it real?

Honey's POV

I shifted my heavy legs that were exhausted into the kitchen, wiping away what was left of my tears from a while ago. It was probably around 2 am right now. My mom had gotten home from work but had passed out a couple hours ago. My sister was sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of tea near her.
"Why are you still awake?" I asked
"Couldn't sleep"
"Figures."
"What about you?"
"Same thing." I said as I got out a glass of water and downed it.
"Are you sure? You seem off"
"How so?"
"Have you been crying?"
"No..."
"Liar"
"Shut up!"
"What'd you do now?"
I sighed. "I went to a party"
"Okay, what's so bad about that?"
"I got drunk."
"And then?"
I let out another huge sigh as I gestured my hands towards my sister. "I Owe you $20" I mumbled.
"Shit yes! Why? What did you do from the bucket list?"
"This is unfair." I said changing the subject quickly
"How so?"
"What do I win in this bet?"
"Well how do you win when you've probably already done half of the things on the list?" My sister said as she narrowed her eyebrows towards me.
"True. But still! I should-"
"Fine. Whatever, okay, if you 'win' which I don't fucking know how you will but if you win, I'll take you out wherever you wanna go. Okay? My treat. Considering we never went to Timmy's today."
"That sounds better"
"Now tell me"
"Tell you what?"
"What did you do off the bucket list?"
-
-
-
"I kissed Hayes" I said.
"and did you like it?" My sister asked me
-
-
-
"Yes...yes I did." And I truthfully did. Those few seconds made me forget about the fake world around me and realize, my actual whole world which was standing in front of me. Even in that split second. I had felt like I was flying.

You hear that Hayes?

You make me feel like I'm flying.