Chapter 14

I woke up to the sound of something clanging against the car window. The sun beamed into my eyes and I squinted to see who was knocking on the window. I looked to my side and Hayes was slowly waking up, as well as I was. I opened the car door and my sister grabbed my wrist and pulled me out the car before I could even catch my breath. "Damn it. What happened last night!?" She yelled. Nash went over to hayes's side of the car and started yapping about getting up. "What?" I asked my sister.
"Did anything happen last night between you and Hayes??"
"No"
"Are you sure?"
"Jesus. Calm down Rachel, I'm not pregnant for crying out loud"
"Good. Now get washed up"
"Why?"
"We're going to the next destination soon. After everyone gets up and eats"
"Wheres the next destination?"
"Taylor's house party"
"Why is Taylor having a house party?"
"You'll see." She said, "but for now come with me to the bathroom so we both can get cleaned up" and like she said, I followed.

Since we were still at the beach, the washrooms weren't the cleanest. But they were okay. I managed to take a quick shower in one is the showers that were available and slip into different clothes that felt fresh on my body and I brushed my teeth.

"So what went on exactly?" My sister asked as she finger combed through her damp blonde hair.
"What do you mean?"
"I saw Hayes drag you away from carter."
"Oh that..."
"Yeah. So what happened?"
"Hayes just-was off last night. That's all."
"Oh really?" She said unconvincingly.
"He dragged me into the car and said that carter just was no good."
"And what makes Hayes any better?" My sister slurred. "I don't know" I said.

I

Don't

Know.

"Did you do anything on the bucket list?"
"Nope. I did not. And, Rachel?"
"Yeah?"
"Can we just forget about the bucket list?"
"How come?"
"I just don't want any part of it. Something about it just doesn't seem right."
My sister let out a deep sigh. "Fine. But you still owe me the amount of money of things you've already done on the list" she said as she started throwing her dirty clothes deep into her duffel bag like I was.
"Whatever you want. Here." I extended my hand to hand her the crumpled and slightly damp bucket list but she refused. "Keep it," she said "for memories." She gave me a small sincere smile as she threw her bag over her shoulder and walked out the bathroom. I smiled to myself. Sometimes my sister was a total bitch, but sometimes I wonder what I would do without her. I pulled out my journal and stuck the bucket list deep into one of the pages before I walked out the bathroom and tried to catch up with my sister.

When my sister and I arrived back at the area we were in before, all the guys were up and already standing by the cars that were ready to leave. I caught sight of Hayes but avoided my gaze towards him and carter. I focused on Riley who was covering his crotch with a blanket. "Man, I feel like my balls have been cut off" he muttered. "That's what you get for swimming in the water at night when it's like fucking Antarctica" Dylan hissed and all the guys chuckled.
"So, what now? Taylor's house party?" I asked, still avoiding contact with Hayes and carter.
"Not yet." Nash said
"Then what?" Johnson asked as he squinted his eyes to avoid the sun and bring his focus to Nash.
"We gotta eat first." My sister said
"Where?"
"I don't know. Timmy's?" My sister asked. The guys stared at one another before all agreeing on Timmy's. Without hesitation everyone went to their assigned rides as before from when we arrived at the beach. And we all took off without bothering to look back.

When we arrived at Timmy's it wasn't busy. We walked in and the same bell went off by the door. An old couple sat quietly in the corner of the restaurant sipping on hot coffee and having a quiet conversation. Another family was seated at the opposite side of the old couple. A man, woman and a girl who looked about my age who was scrolling on her phone like her parents didn't even exist. She probably even forgot she was even at a restaurant.