Introduction

I never really fully introduced myself to you, and I'm sorry I can't do that. Instead, I'll just describe myself to you. I have dark hair with fair highlights, just picture me with tired eyes and laying in bed all day writing, trying to get away from this mess we call a society.

Yes, I am a writer. Or was actually. When I was little I wrote and read books really well at a young age. My mother told me there was a reason I was always the kid in my kindergarten class who could spell tricky words and catch on to books so quickly. It just became a habit of mine I guess, writing and reading. She said I was special, that one day it would come in handy and I'd be so thankful that god gave me such a great gift. But that was then. I've never picked up a pencil nor wrote exactly how I felt for years now.

My alarm went off at 7 am. The alarm felt like it was pounding inside my skull. As I dreaded out of bed I got ready for another long day of school. I threw on a pair of black skinny jeans and a grey crew neck sweater. My hair was up in a ponytail and that was all I really needed to wear to get through a day of school without being judged.

I went downstairs and the smell of pancakes and fresh orange juice hit my body and woke up my brain. I saw my mom and she stood by the stove, the wave of heat from the stove hit me as well even though I was at a distance. "Good morning" she said as she turned around from the stove. My mom was a beautiful woman. She wasn't model material to others but she was my role model. She worked as a nurse, and worked from the hours 3 pm to midnight. It didn't bother me that she worked most of the time. I was use to being alone anyway. My dad left us when I was quite young, or before I was even born. My mother told me she has gotten pregnant at a young age and that my father wasn't ready for a child. So he left her, I don't hate my father. But I don't love him either. My mom told me that she didn't want the same thing happening to me, that when I fall in love, I shouldn't make the stupid mistake that she made. That's what I love about her, even thought it was a hard time for her to finish school and raise a child by herself, she still managed. My mother had dark hair like me, she wasn't really skinny but she wasn't chubby either. She was just right. Despite the fact that she had wide tired eyes, and acne scars, she was still beautiful.