Chapter 21

"Hayes get up!" I yelled as I pounded a pillow over his head furiously. "Well damn, what time is it?"
"It's 8 am."
"8 am?! That's too fucking early!" He said as he lifted the covers over him and lost himself in it.
"Fine. Don't get up. I'm not bringing up any breakfast for you." I said as I turned my heel and made my way out the door. "I think bacon is acceptable" he yelled beneath the covers. "I think not."
"I think I love you."
"Is that your daily I love you for today?"
"Yes" he said with a smirk as his brown hair was messed up to give him the morning look that normally girls would melt over. "You're pathetic" I muttered with a smile. I dragged my feet down the stairs and not a single scent of morning breakfast struck me. I confusingly made my way into the kitchen where my mother was speeding around the kitchen like lightning. "Morning" I said
"Good morning!" She said quickly
"Woah, mom, are you-?"
"Can't talk. Late for work. But you and Hayes will stay at your dad's today. And bring a bathing suit, maybe you'll want to go swimming." she said as she took a quick sip of her possibly cold coffee
"Wait, dad's? Me and Hayes?"
"Yes, you heard me. Why? Did Hayes not sleep over?" She asked. Her words confused me of how fine she seemed to be with it, I at least expected a bit of disapproval about Hayes in general. "He did but...what I'm trying to say is, dads? Since when did he have a place here in-"
"He doesn't. He's staying at a hotel that a friend of his runs." By now she was picking up her car keys and other things for work and already dashing out the door.
"But wait! When will he-"
"He's coming in an hour! Be on your best behavior!" She said before slamming the door shut. I don't think I should be the one being told to be on my best behavior. I heard footsteps pounding down the stairs. A shirtless Hayes came down as he stretched his arms over his head and revealed his exhausted self.
"Well I see the troll got out of bed." I said. Hayes yawned before replying. "My sleep wasn't so great. My back hurts like a bitch. The bed wasn't that comfortable" his raspy voice said. I felt my heart jump and my knees weaken. "Don't you mean MY bed? Besides, you were suppose to sleep on the floor!"
"I never said that I wanted to, you said I was going to."
"And, for your information, you took up most of the space in bed anyways! Your hands were sleep roaming around, like you were embracing the bed!"
"My hands were roaming around so I could hold you" he said softly and slowly like his raspy morning voice was trying to seduce me.
"You're a good charmer for someone who just got up in the morning" I said as I started going through our kitchen cabinets.
"I know, it's a gift," Hayes said as he pouted his lips out. I rolled my eyes. "Speaking of charm, do you guys have any lucky charms?" He said indirect to the cereal brand. "No, but we have eggs and toast."
"No bacon?" He asked
"Hayes, it's eggs or toast or both. Stop being such a princess and choose already."
"But I'm the princess, shouldn't I get what I want?" He smirked
I threw my head back in annoyance and groaned. "Jesus Christ Grier, it's 8 am and you're already pissing me off-"
"How about we make brownies." He suggested as he crawled across the kitchen counter to stand next to me.
"brownies for breakfast?"
"Yeah, why not?"
"That's not breakfast"
"I consider it breakfast."
"You consider everything breakfast. You probably even consider candy as breakfast"
"Well since I'm a bad boy, I wake up each morning, hungover and at a house I don't recognize. And I usually end up eating brownies for breakfast." He retorted
I scowled at his stupid remark. "That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard"
"No it's not."
"Yes it is"
"Do you wanna hear the stupidest thing ever?"
"Come at me"
"Since I eat brownies for breakfast I'm usually full on what I got a good piece of the night before at dinner. It's cake."
"And what does that-?"
"Do you know what I eat for dinner?"
"Who eats cake for dinner? And didn't you just say-?"
"A nice slice of cake, also known as a good piece of booty." The ends of his mouth turned upwards into a smirk. I made a disgusted sound as I started nudging him. "Ew, that's disgusting!"
"Kidding, kidding," he said as he raised his hands in defeat.
"Well you can make brownies. I'm going upstairs to get ready" I threw a dish rag at him before slowly leaving the kitchen.
"Ready for?"
"An outing"
"Don't tell me you're going on a date" he said as he rolled his eyes.
"What if I am?" I joked as I made my eyebrows arch and a smirk plastered my cheeks.
"Wow, what the fuck? Here I am. Pathetically in love with you, and you just have to go out on a date with another guy! Like what the-"
"Calm down," I said. His voice was starting to get louder and stronger along with his profanity that was escaping his mouth like bomb after bomb. "I'm kidding. My mom said we are spending the day with my dad at some hotel"
"We?"
"Yes we. So bake those damn brownies that you always crave for and show me how amazing it tastes"
"Who said I'm giving any to you?" He said jokingly as he crossed his arms across his built chest.
"Give me some, or you don't get a good slice of booty" I retorted sassy. By now I was making my way up the stairs.
"Wait! So you're saying that if I make brownies I get a good slice of cake?!" He yelled indirect to his perverted remark earlier. "Nope! Just kidding! Now make those brownies!" I said as I laughed. I didn't bother waiting for a reply. Instead I made my way to the bathroom to get ready for the unsuspected things that could happen today, I mean, whenever Hayes was involved, surely something was bound to happen.