Chapter 7

**the next day**

My alarm went off at its usual time for another long day of school. I didn't sleep much last night, my thoughts were haunting me every time I shut my eyes. My eyes felt sore and numb from crying and my pillow was stained with tears. I hadn't forgotten what had happened last night, no matter how much I tried the memory never seemed to fade away. I dragged my corpse body out of bed and went to the bathroom. I had several new breakouts on my chin and some on my forehead which already brought an awful start to my day. My eyes had dark heavy circles around my eyes, I stripped down to nothing and went Into the shower. Only to be greeted by the hot water that rushed down my body and woke me up.

I put on some regular skinny jeans and a plain white short sleeve and my hair in its usual ponytail, I wasn't one of those girls who cake my face up with makeup. Actually, I never used makeup at all.

I stormed down the stairs with my school bag and immediately caught eye contact with my sister. My sister's blonde hair was up in a messy bun as she wore a nude cardigan and maroon jeans with combat boots. She didn't look mad at me but she wasn't quite amused either. She gave me a quick glance and then flashed her eyes back towards her phone. "I'm sorry" I said as I exhaled and dropped my bag beside me at the kitchen table.
"For?"
"For what I said last night. I didn't mean it"
"Apology forgiven. I'm sorry also."
See? My sister and I never really fought for a long time. We had a lot of misunderstandings but nothing that would really cross the line. "Wheres mom?" I asked. "She got called in early for work" my sister said before chewing into a piece of toast. "Hungry?" She asked
"Not really."
"Come on, you sure?"
"Yes I'm sure. Why?"
"I'll pick you up after school. Maybe we could grab something to eat at Timmy's, what do you say?" Timmy's was a diner that was near our area that was one of those fast food places with the old vintage kind of style. With the milkshakes and everything else. Even the way it was decorated. My mom, sister and I use to go there a lot a few years ago. When our schedules got filled and payments went up, we just stopped going there.
"Okay fine."
"Good, don't bring Hayes"
"Why not?"
"because I wanna talk to you about the bucket list" my sister said. Now I was more intrigued of what she had to say. "What about it?"
My sister slipped a piece of paper out from her pocket that was slightly crumpled. I opened it and on it were the things I hadn't done yet from the original list but now there was new ones. I still saw the original ones like

4. If you kiss any one of them ESPECIALLY HAYES you owe me $20

And

5. If you fall in love with Hayes you owe me $50."

But now there were other ones like

6. If you hit that with Hayes you owe me $30
7. If you get some with one of his best friends you owe me $20

And lastly

8. If you get jealous of Hayes you owe me $20

I eyed the paper and drifted my gaze back to my sister. "Half of these new ones will make me sound like the neighborhood slut."
"That's the point of the list, you're not suppose to do anything on it"
"Oh I see, but what do you mean, get jealous of Hayes?"
"You know, if another girl comes along. Don't get jealous"
I scoffed. "As if" I said before saying goodbye to my sister and leaving the house to get to my bus.

It was another windy day but it was also sunny. I squinted my eyes as I tried to re read the list my sister had made beneath the sun. Now that I think of it, all of this was just plain old stupid. A bucket list? This bet? It was just a stupid little game that I suddenly didn't want no part of. But I knew my sister would call me a wuss or something and somehow taunt me the rest of my life.