Chapter 23

FEL: Ch. 23

ALEX'S POV

Say what now?

Ultrasound? I think I would know if I'm pregnant.

"An ultrasound, Luna?" Alison questions incredulously. Celina nods her head furiously as she practically throws me on the bed where everything is barely set up.

"Celina, I don't think-" I begin, but I'm cut off by Celina holding up a hand. I raise my eyebrows and fall back on the bed with a huff. Fine, if she wants to see an imaginable pup, so be it.

Alison quickly gets everything set up, scurrying around me in a haste. I look at Celina with an annoyed expression while she just beams at me.

"Alison, if you don't want to-" I start to say, but I'm cut off again! This time, Celina's hand actually covers my mouth with hers as the grin remains stuck to her face.

"Mmhpphm!" I try to exclaim, but it doesn't really work.

"Be quiet and don't argue." Celina tries to say sternly, but the grin that's stuck on her face makes her lose the effect. I huff stubbornly and reluctantly nod my head. Celina cautiously removes her hand from my face as Alison makes her way over to me.

"Lift up your shirt and we can get started." She tells me as she flicks on the machine. I sigh and pull my shirt up to my bra line. This is ridiculous! I'm sure I would know if I'm pregnant.

Alison squeezes the cold gel onto my stomach, making me wince slightly from the coldness. She doesn't hesitate to place the wand on my stomach and start moving it around. After a while, nothing shows up on the screen. I glance at Celina to see her frowning, the grin that was on her face long gone. I must admit, I do feel a tad disappointed. I've always wanted a nice little family, but I'd rather it be at a different time when Comrade is actually awake.

"See Celina, there's nothing there! I'm not pregnant." I tell her as I motion my hand to the screen.

"Just wait, something might come up." She mumbles. She leans forward in her seat as Alison continues to move the wand around my stomach. I groan and throw my head back on the pillow behind me. This is a waste of my time...

Just as I'm about to get up and declare that everything was just a big misunderstanding, Alison stops moving the wand. My breath hitches in my throat as I avert my eyes to the screen. I don't see anything, just something really really small...

"Alex, do you know what this is?" Alison asks, pointing to the really small thing. I shake my head, internally thinking that it's my stomach or something. For the love of everything, I really hope it is my stomach.

"Alex, that's you're pup." Alison whispers. She enlarges the screen so that I can get a closer look at it. My mouth goes ajar as I sit straight up, not caring if the gel gets all over my shirt. I reach my hand forward and touch the screen where what Alison claims is my pup. I bring my hand down and touch my stomach covered by my shirt.

I'm gonna be a mum. Oh dang...

"B-but, I can't be a mum! I-I can't do that!" I exclaim, pointing at the screen. My breathing starts to quicken as I feel my chest tighten. A million thoughts race through my head as I think of Comrade and what his reaction would be right now. Would he be happy? Thrilled even? Or would he be disappoint and sad? After all, he's the dad. Then my thoughts travel to my own mum. She was only 20 when she had me, but still, she has three years on me. I can't have a pup while I'm 17! How the hell am I supposed to do that?

"No, I refuse to believe it." I say, shaking my head vigorously. No way in hell am I pregnant. Comrade and I did it ages ago! It was at least two months ago! I can't deal with this! Not by myself...