Chapter 21

FEL: Ch. 21

ALEX'S POV (ok, I lied :$)

If I chose one time in my life to say the unmistakeable 'f' word, now would be that moment. That, insert 'f' word here, bastard.

If he thinks he's gonna get away with bolting out of here after a measly little kiss, he's thought wrong. If he thinks I'm gonna stay cooped in this safe house, then he has another thing coming along with a kick to the balls. If he thinks for one second that he's gonna get away with anything he's done to me in the last few hours, he's not gonna live very long.

"I can't believe him. I'm gonna murder him when he comes back." I mutter to myself as Celina comes to take a seat next to me. She gives me a small smile.

"Alex, you can't blame him for trying to keep you safe." She tries to argue, placing a hand on my shoulder. I shrug it off and put my head in my hands.

"That's the thing Celina, I'm gonna blame him anyway. I'm the best female fighter, if not the best fighter, we've got and they're not even gonna let me fight! I feel restrained and useless and I never wanna feel like that again." I whisper, my mum's dead body flashing through my mind. I couldn't help her, no matter what I did.

"Alex, you can't dwell in the past. What happened to your mother is a terrible thing and I know how much it hurts, but you have to try and move on. Yes, she'll always be your mother, but she wouldn't want you to be drowning in self pity." Celina tells me, replacing her hand on my shoulder. I sigh and rest my head against the wall behind me, closing my eyes.

"Why does the world hate me?" I groan. Celina gives a breathy laugh through her nose as a small smile graces her lips.

"The world doesn't hate you, but Axel seems to not favour you either." She admits. I chuckle at that and nod my head in agreement.

"Come on Celina, you don't just want to sit here and do nothing, do you? What would you do if Axel told you not to take part in the war?" I question incredulously. Celina sighs and glances at her three triplets that are running around keeping people entertained. Comrade must've got them in here when I wasn't paying attention.

"He did tell me that I wasn't to take part. I had just given birth to the pups and I died. I physically died. It was a miracle that I woke up, but I have a destiny and so do you. If Comrade says you can't go to this battle, then don't. If your heart's telling you to though, follow your heart." Celina tells me, still staring at her triplets as some teenagers play around with them.

Die? She died? That's new information...

"Celina... I don't know what to do." I sigh as I feel a lump form in my throat. My heart's telling me to go, but Comrade's voice is still ringing in my ears telling me not to. How do you chose between your heart and your mate?

"What you want to do, Alex?" Celina asks me, her golden eyes turning to my blue ones. I take a deep breath through my nose and let it out through my mouth.

"I want to fight. I want to defend my pack. I want to help. Most of all though, I want closure." I whisper. I feel a new determination build up within me. I'm gonna fight and nothing's gonna stop me. Except maybe the door that's impenetrable. The determination that was building up inside me slowly died down as I realised this fact.

"Jett! Dylan! Clarissa! Come here please!" Celina calls softly to her three children. Three sets of silver eyes swirling with gold snap to Celina before their little feet are scampering to get to her.

"Yes mummy?" Jett asks. I have to hold back an awe at the future alpha, laughing inside at the pure innocence of him.

"Mummy's gonna go with Alex and help daddy. You need to be good, understand me? Jett and Dylan, you don't let Clarissa out of your sight. Clarissa, be good baby. Now, not a word to daddy, yeah?" Celina whispers, dragging all three of them into a hug. Dylan and Clarissa giggle while Jett frowns.