Chapter 3

FEL: Ch. 3

ALEX'S POV

I run through the forest in my human form, dodging the trees and jumping over the bushes. I don't dare turn around to see if she's following me. Turning around will just slow me down and distract me from what I'm focussing on: running.

I jump over a fallen log as a flash of blonde fur catches my eye to the left. I don't stop though, just pick up my pace. I want let her catch me, not this time.

I quickly slip under a high branch then continue to bolt through the forest, disturbing all the peaceful forest animals.

What happens next was so fast. One moment, I'm running, giving it my all, the next... I'm being tackled to the ground by a blonde haired wolf. She snarls at me and I snarl right back.

I hitch kick her in the belly and she goes flying into a tree. I swiftly jump to my feet and start to circle with the wolf. I look for her weak points. Something that will help me bring her down quicker and easier. Just as I spot one and go for a lunge, the sound of a bell going off in the distance draws my attention.

I relax my stance and smile at my friend, Taylor. She gives me a wolfy grin back, making me laugh at what it really looks like.

"Come on, we better get back to the grounds. You know how the beta gets." I joke. I smile as I remember our funny beta Callum. He always makes people smile, laugh and have a good time. He's scary when he's mad though.

"Race ya there!" I call to her as I take off sprinting back the way I came. I laugh as I hear a playful growl behind me and see that Taylor is fast catching up.

I dodge passed all the trees and bushes and slide under the same high branch as before.

"Come on ya slow poke!" I tease behind me as I burst through the bushes and into the grounds. I laugh while I try to catch my breath just as Taylor bursts through. She huffs in her wolf form and makes her way to the tree where her clothes are.

She walks back out fully clothed. Taylor's a very pretty girl with light blonde hair that shines in the sun, brown eyes that resemble chocolate and a body that's curvy and certainly catches the attention of most guys. Her skins more creamy than anything else, but it has that natural tan to it like every other werwolf. Plus, she's 18, so she can do whatever she damn well pleases. Taylor's also a very smart girl, she's the like brains of our little posse.

I laugh as I walk up to her, wrapping an arm around her shoulder. "You tried hard Taylor, but it wasn't enough." I tell her in fake disappointment. She rolls her eyes at me and shoves me away while I chuckle again.

"Oh please! Everyone knows you're the fastest runner in human and wolf form in the group! It's no surprise you beat me." She admits while folding her arms across her chest. I chuckle and shake my head, searching for my other friend that completes our three woman posse.

I catch the familiar sight of a tight bun of dark brown hair and smile brightly. That would be my other fiend, Ally.

"Hey, Ally! Get over here!" I call out to her. Ally, being her tall self, easily spots us and smiles, casually making her way over to where Taylor and I stand.

Ally's, as I said before, a tall girl. I think she's the tallest girl in the pack actually, sometimes getting over the heads of some of the males. She's got afro style, dark brown hair, super dark brown eyes and her skin's like a browny colour. In other words, really really tanned. She's also a very slim figure, which is probably why she's so tall. She's flat chested, even at 18, and has a flat ass that most girls would kill for! She's a fast runner and is quick to think up plans, so she's like the get away person that we all rely on.