Chapter 15

FEL: Ch. 15

ALEX'S POV

"Dammit!" I yell rather loudly as the bandage around my hand rips again from the strain. I've been punching this bloody punching bag for the last hour because a certain alpha has pissed me off. Seriously though! Who the hell does Axel think he is? The alpha? Well he is, but he doesn't have to make that known every single minute of every single hour of the day. I mean, come on!

I don't see why he got so annoyed anyway, all I did was accidently splash flour on his face. It was actually really funny... I was just happily baking a cake, keeping an eye out for Ally, Taylor and Comrade since the prank war is still on, when Axel appears out of nowhere and scares me half to death. So, technically, it was his fault he got flour all over his face, not mine! I tell ya what though, he gave me an earful and now I'm pissed off about it because it wasn't even my fault!

"Stupid alpha, stupid rules, stupid him, stupid stupid stupid..." I mutter to myself while wrapping my hands again and wiping the sweat off my face. I angrily walk back to the punching bag and go for a swing, but before my hand can come in contact with the bag, another persons hand stops me. My eyes snap to a familiar pair of almost black eyes. Comrade.

My breathing comes out in short pants as I slowly pull my hand out of his grip. His black eyes study me for a moment, like he's searching for something. I stare back at him, but more emotionless and blank.

"Don't give me that look." He tells me in a soft voice as he slowly steps up to me. I sigh as his hand lands comfortably on my cheek, stroking it with his thumb. Why can he always seem to do this to me? He can always make me calm down and breath with a single touch. Do I have that affect on him?

"What do you expect Comrade? I'm annoyed at a certain alpha." I grumble, my bad mood surfacing again. It quickly sizzles down, however, when I hear Comrade's chuckle. I look at him with a  raised eyebrow, silently asking him what's so funny?

"You and Axel seem to have some background, may I ask what?" He asks mischievously with both eyebrows raised. I sigh and take a seat on the mats that cover the whole floor of the gym. Not many people know that the pack house has a gym, it's tucked away in a hidden door. Only a few pack members know that it's here, including me. Apparently Comrade too.

"Well, when we were planning to come and rescue you, Axel had assigned everyone jobs and groups. I was to go with Axel, Celina and Callum because they needed a fourth person for a look out. Then Axel announced that no one was to help other pack mates in different groups, to stay focussed on your job. Obviously, I didn't agree with this, so I told him that if any of my friends died, he would no longer be my alpha. That's it, that's the only background we've had really. I hadn't even formally met him until we made up a group to come and rescue you." I sum up in a neat little package. I look to Comrade to see what his reaction is, but all I receive is a nod and a pucker of the lips.

"I get where you're coming from, but you shouldn't have said that to Axel. Axel is someone who needs to be respected in this pack and on top of that, he's a good guy in general. You'd be surprised by the amount of things he's done to just be able to keep this pack and Celina safe." Comrade tells me, wrapping an arm around my waist so that I can rest my head on his shoulder.

"Plus, if your going to hang around with me, you'll have to learn to deal with him." He jokes, sending a wink my way. I breath a laugh as I roll my eyes, whatever...

Comrade and I just sit there after that, consumed by our own thoughts. I don't really know much about Comrade, but I know enough to know that he respects Axel and that he'll trust him with his life. Me on the other hand, not so much.