Chapter 14

FEL: Ch. 14

COMRADE'S POV

A few weeks ago, I would've been trapped and most likely being beaten. I would be scolding Kate for sneaking down to my cell in the middle of the day. I would be aching and wishing to be rescued. That wish has come true. Now I'm free and all that my mind's set on is Damon. I want to know where he is, what he's doing, how many breaths he's talking. I want him.

As soon as this realisation came to me a few days ago, I went straight to Axel. I asked him to help me, to bring down Damon. I must admit, he did look a little hesitant at first, but he agreed once I brought up the safety of Celina and the pups. Bribery can be very helpful when used correctly...

"This is hopeless!" I growl as I swipe my arm across the desk, papers going everywhere. We've been trying to locate Damon for a whole week and we still haven't even found a glimpse of him. It's infuriating!

"Calm down, Comrade. If we approach this out of pure rage, then we will fail. We need a plan and we need patience." Axel tells me as his eyes skim over the paper he's holding.

The door suddenly opens, causing both our heads to snap up. Axel growls when Alex comes into our line of sight, but I just smirk. Oh Alex, always the disrespectable one.

"I thought I told you to knock when you enter my office." Axel grounds out, his jaw ticking. I very quickly discovered that Alex really doesn't care for Axel's authority. I asked her about it, but all she said was that he betrayed her in a way. I didn't question her after that.

"Well, I'm here now, so no point getting worked up about it." She bites back while making her way over to me.

As soon as she's in arms length, I grab her around the waist and bury my head in her neck, inhaling her sweet and luring scent. My anger instantly bubbles down and all that's left is a never ending want.

Alex runs her hands through my hair and softly asks, "What's wrong?"

I sigh and softly kiss where I'll soon mark her, earning myself a shiver. I smirk against her neck, loving the control I have over her. After being out of control for over three years, it's really changed me. I feel the need to have my little mate submit to me and let me have control. So, by the way she's reacting now, I've definitely got at least some control.

"We can't find him, I can't find him. It's like he's disappeared off the face of the earth and it's quite stressful." I mummer, still lightly kissing her neck.

"Maybe you should take a break, have a breather?" She suggests, also looking to Axel. He shrugs, looking back to the papers in his hands. I sigh. Axel may not need a break, but I do.

"Axel, I'm gonna take a break. My brain needs to relax." I say, standing up. Alex falls off my lap and lands lightly on her feet. Axel just grunts and waves a dismissing hand.

Alex grips my hand tightly and leads me out the door, heading straight to the backyard. It seems to be my safe haven whenever I'm stressed, angry, sad, or when I'm just feeling any strong emotion.

Alex takes a seat up against a tree and motions me to lay down in front of her. I do as I'm told and lay my head in her lap.

"You work too much. You need to spend more time with me." She mutters as she starts to massage my temples. I groan in approval.

Alex and I quickly made up after I pretty much pushed her away from me. She gave me the silent treatment for a while, reminding me of when Celina gave Axel and Callum the silent treatment and only spoke to me. Good times...

Anyway, after a little... persuasion from my part, Alex easily gave in. I must say, it felt good to please my mate in certain ways. I don't mean in 'that' way, just making her happy and smile. It really is a nice feeling.