Chapter 6

FEL: Ch. 6

ALEX'S POV (last one for a while)

After we were all announced, Callum lead us all into the pack house and to the meeting room. The meeting room is pretty much a place for the pack to meet and talk about situations, problems, etc. It's pretty boring actually.

In the middle of the meeting room is a long table, which could hold at least 20 people, with black, leather chairs surrounding it. I've never actually been in the meeting room since it's only for the high rankers and for guests who are high rankers.

"Take a seat." Callum calmly states as we all take a seat on one of the black, leather chairs. Callum then walks out of the room. Leaving us to discuss about what happened.

"Holy shit! I don't believe I'm in the select 10!" Sam exclaims with a wide grin. We all grin along with him and nod out heads. We're all young adults here and most of us know each other, so it shouldn't be hard to get on.

"I know! I wouldn't be here though if Alex came to my rescue. Would've been the first one out of the game." Louie suddenly states as he looks at me with a grateful look.

I stare back at him confused. "What?" I ask bluntly. Most of the guys all look at me with the same look of gratefulness while I continue to stares at them all confused.

Derek rolls his eyes at me. "Alex, you pretty much saved all our ass' by stopping the taggers from getting us." My mouth forms an 'O' as I realise what they're talking about. Louie must've been the blonde wolf...

I shrug and lean back in my chair. "No biggy, just doin what I would've done in a real situation." The room falls silent at my words. Not an awkward silence or anything, more of a meaningful one.

At this point, Callum walks back in, but he's not alone. Accompanying him is Axel and Celina, who are also not alone. Holding Axel's hand, his eldest three year old boy, Jett, grips it tightly with a big grin on his face. He takes after his mother with pitch black hair. He has his father's frame though and, even at three, his infamous smirk.

Holding Celina's hand, her second born, Dylan, happily walks along with his mother with a charming smile on his slightly chubby face. He also has his mother's hair, but his father's frame.

The third little angel that is happily resting in Celina's arms, is Clarissa. She has her father's snow white hair that falls gracefully down her back. She has her mother's petite and dainty figure, as well as her beautiful smile.

One thing's for sure, Jett and Dylan are going to be scaring a lot of horny werewolves away from their little sister. I chuckle at that thought.

The similarity between them all though, is their eyes. All three triplets have silver eyes with golden swirls, making them look mysterious and magical.

Seeing Celina struggling a little with holding her excited boy's hand and holding Clarissa, I quickly jump and make my way over to her.

"Here, let me help." I offer as I get up from my chair, all eyes on me, and head towards a struggling Celina.

Celina smiles gratefully at me as I take Clarissa from her arms, so that she can pick up Dylan. She lets out a big breath as she cuddles her baby boy to her chest.

"I swear, they wake up from a nap and bam! They're jumping around and almost impossible to control." Celina tells me exasperated as she takes her seat next to Axel, at the head of the long table.

I chuckle and take my seat, which happens to be next to Celina's near the head. I sigh as I look at the three highest rankers in the pack. They all look stressed and... relived in a way.

The little girl in my arms giggles. I look to down to Clarissa's beautiful little face, that reminds me so much of her mother, and raise an eyebrow.

"What are you giggling about?" I whisper in her ear. She giggles again and I smile. Clarissa's a shy child and not very social, taking after her mother I suppose. She adores me though because I'm always offering to help out with them when Celina and Axel have pack business to worry about.

"Nothing." Clarissa says innocently as she giggles again. I roll my eyes at her as I look to Callum who looks like he's about to start a very important speech. I motion for Clarissa to be silent as she obediently follows.

"You were selected as the top 10 to carry out this mission because we believe you are the strongest and most capable of accomplishing it. A lot of thought has been put into this mission and we can't afford to have a slip up." Callum states in a serious voice. I actually blink in shock because I've never really heard Callum be this serious before.

Axel takes it over from here, saying in his naturally loud and powerful voice, "This mission is a rescue mission. You all remember the war a few years ago?" Angry growls and sad nods answer his answer, I stay quiet. "Well, one of Celina's guardians was captured that day and we intend to get him back."

Silence. That's what follows Axel's announcement. I look around the table to see the shocked faces of my friends and shocked faces of those I still have to get to know.

Axel makes eye contact with every single one us. Stopping on me with his little girl in my arms, his eyes soften at the sight of his little angel. They instantly snap back up to me though, hard and cold.

"Why don't you seem as shocked as the rest, Alex? Are you not feeling remorse for your lost pack mate?" He questions in an over powering voice.

I bow my head in respect as I answer. "I'm sorry if I offend you in anyway when I say this alpha, but I figured out a long time ago that this group and mission had something to do with Celina's missing guardian." I answer with honesty, which seems to shock him for a moment.

He nods his head in approval, none-the-less, and sits back down in his seat. He puts on a thinking face as Callum and Celina look at him expectantly. He ignores them though and continues on to say what he initially intended to.

"The plan is simple, we will split into three groups. The first group will be Sam, Louie, Luke and Taylor. Your job will be to distract those who are surrounding where Comrade is being held. We need you to lead them away, so that the second group can come in." The four people who are mentioned all nod their heads and listen intently to what happens next.

"The second groups job," Axel continues to say. "Is to infiltrate the location. You need to take out anyone who gets in the way of our mission. Don't let anything stop you or else it could change the outcome for all of us. In simple terms, the whole group is depending on you." Everyone gulps at the warning.

"Who's in that group?" I ask when everyone's eyes fill with anticipation.

Axel clears his throat before looking at us. "Derek, Scott, Liam, Noah and Ally will be apart of this group. You five were in the top six and required the most minimal help from Alex." He spares me a look to which I look innocently back at. He rolls his eyes at me.

That's when it hits me, what group am I in?

"Uh, alpha? If I'm not in group one or two, what group am I in?" I question confused. To my surprise, Axel grins. After seeing his face, both Callum and Celina grin as well, as relief fills their eyes.

"You Alex, will be in a group with Celina, Callum and I. We will be the ones who actually find Comrade and make sure he gets out safe and sound." I stare in shock at Axel, as does everyone else.

I'm gonna be in a group with the three most high ranking wolves in the pack? Well then... Hallelujah!

A big grin takes over my face as I quickly get up, making sure Clarissa is holding on tight, and take Axel's hand in mine, shaking it vigorously.

"Thank you alpha, thank you so much." I say grateful with a big grin on my face. I don't believe it! As girlish as that sounds, I honestly can't!

"You're very welcome. Now, everyone else, go rest up. You've all had a long day and we want you well rested and ready for when training starts in two days. You're dismissed." Axel announces, so everyone makes their way out of the room, me included. I've already given Clarissa back to Celina.

"Oh! One more thing!" Everyone freezes with Taylor's hand on the door knob. We all look to him expectantly. "The group leaders will be Taylor and Ally. They were the in the top three, so you answer to them."

Curses and groans are heard as Taylor and Ally smirk at the boys. They saunter out of the meeting room with their heads held high and all the boys trailing behind them as they complain and groan.

I chuckle and go to follow them before Axel calls me back. I obediently obey as I come back inside to see what Axel wishes to tell me. Clarissa comes running back up to me and I smile as I gather her in my arms. She giggles her adorable giggle while my smile grows bigger. She's so cute!

"So, what did you want to talk about?" I ask formally as I look to Callum. Callum looks to Celina, who looks to Axel, who then looks to me. Okay then...

"Celina, you are aware that some of the group may not come out of this alive." I nod my head in answer to Axel's stern voice. "Well, knowing your nature, you will want to help them. That is not your job. Your job is to get Comrade out of the building safely, not help those in need."

I stare at Axel in disbelief. Is he asking me to let my friends die when I can help them? Yes, yes he is.

"Alpha I-" I start, but I'm cut off by Callum.

"Alex, the alpha's right. You need to focus on your part of the mission and not anyone else's. It could jeopardise all of us." Callum advises. I grind my teeth together to keep in a growl. They are my alpha and beta after all.

"You're okay with this?" I ask as I look to Celina. Her eyes widen at my question.

"I, uh. Well... I- you, um..." She stutters as she looks to Axel for help. Being the knight in shining armor he is, Axel steps up.

"You will not question what we have chosen, Alex. If you choose to disobey, so be it. You will be taken out of the group and stay here while we go and continue on with the mission." Axel says in a voice that leaves no room for argument.

My eye twitches in anger, but I can't do anything about it because Axel is my alpha. He's the one that tells me what I can and can't do and right now, he's telling me what I can't do.

I stiffly put down Clarissa as I ball my hands into fists. I grind my teeth together and try to take deep calming breaths. Of course, it isn't working.

The silence is the room is deafening as they all wait for my answer. Celina and Callum's eyes look panicked while Axel's eye show he could care less.

I take a deep, calming breath as I try to think of what to say. What am I supposed to say when my own alpha is telling me to let my friends die?

So, I decide to answer as honestly as I can. "Alpha, I will continue with this mission and follow your orders, but I hope you realise this comes at a price. You are asking me to stand back and watch my friends die when I could potentially help them. When I could potentially save their life. You are asking me to stand back and watch my own pack die? If I loose a friend that day when I could've saved them, I will promise you one thing... I will never forgive you and I will not be calling you my alpha."

With that being said, I calmly walk out of the room. I hear Axel's growl at the sound of my threat, but I don't care. What I said is true. If I loose a friend I could've kept alive, he doesn't have the right to be called my alpha.

¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•

Tada! What cha think? Sorry if it's a bit short :/

If you had to put this on a scale ranging from 1 - 10, 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest, what would you vote? Speaking of votes, spare a vote for me? Please? Hehe

Shout out for this_is_kailee! She's amazing! Read her books! They're awesome! :D

I still got no dedications, so please someone ask for a dedication because I have these chappies and no wonderful person to dedicate them too! D:

Love ya
Violet