Chapter 5

FEL: Ch. 5

ALEX'S POV

(one week later)

We all stand out in the grounds, only 20 of us left now. Callum got rid of ten of us just the day before, so this is our final test.

"As you all know, this will be the final test to see who shall be assigned the mission." Callum begins as he locks eye contact with each and every one of us.

"Your task is simple, don't get caught." We all look at him confused before he continues to explain. "You could say that your task is like a big game of tag. Every man or woman for themselves. If you get caught, you must return to the grounds. The last 10 remaining shall be apart of the group. The last person remaining, shall get a surprise."

I look towards Taylor and Ally. They're both staring up at Callum with determination and strength in their eyes. They want this just as much as me.

"You'll have five minutes to separate yourselves from each other before the taggers are set loose." Callum goes on and we all nod in understanding.

"Who are the taggers?" I suddenly ask. All eyes turn to me while Callum lets an all to familiar smirk grace his face.

"Taggers! Will you grace us with your presence?" Callum exclaims towards to the house. To my utter horror and disbelief, Axel and Celina walk out of the house with training gear on. A series of profanities are heard as we all realise that we're gonna have to outrun the alpha and luna.

"I will also be a tagger, so be prepared. You have the alpha, Luna and beta all chasing after you. Again, if you get caught, make your way back to the grounds. You have five minutes to run and hide. Take your positions!" Callum announces, so everyone bolts to an opening in the forest.

I look to my right to see Ally, she looks back at me. I nod at her and send a silent 'good luck' her way. She smiles slightly then looks ahead of her again.

I look to my left and see Taylor cracking her knuckles. I smirk at her and she smirks right back at me. A silent challenge is said between us, I'm so gonna win this.

"Three!" Callum announces in all mighty voice, startling mostly everyone. Here we go...

"Two!" I crouch down low so that I can get a good propulsion. I look around me and notice that everyone has shifted into their wolf firms except me. I look up to see Axel, Celina and Callum looking at me curiously, but I just smirk and focus my attention back to the task at hand.

"One!" I take in a deep breath through my nose and slowly let it through my mouth. I block out every noise around me, only listening to my racing heartbeat and even breaths.

"Go!" Without a second thought, I launch myself in the forest. I just run forward, not making any turns or cuts, just straight ahead.

I still don't shift into my wolf form, I run fast enough anyway. Plus, I've learnt a few things these past three years. I know that when in wolf form, your scent is more distinct and can be tracked more easily. When you're in human form, however, your scent is slightly masked and is harder to track. I'm using that fact to my advantage.

I spot a clearing coming up ahead, but don't stop. I just bolt straight through it like lightening. If you were looking, you wouldn't want to blink.

I continue on when I hear three distant wolf howls, each belonging to the taggers. I chuckle lowly and sprint for the nearest tree. Without slowly my pace, I run up the tree horizontally, all the way to the top. I rest myself behind some branches and leaves so I can see them, but they can't see me.

I just sit there, listening and looking for any movement that could slightly distinguish a wolf. After all, I'm the only one in human form.

About 20 minutes pass and nothing happens. I decide to get down from the tree and have a little snoop around to see where everyone else is. Just as I'm about to jump from my position, a blonde coloured wolf comes barreling through the trees.

I freeze in motion and observe the wolf carefully. It's not Axel or Celina, since their wolves are black and white, and it's not Callum because his wolf has a more sandy colour to it.

The wolf looks around frantically and that's when I notice the panicked look in their eyes. This wolf is being chased by a tagger.

To prove my point, a white wolf comes barreling through the trees and goes to tackle the blonde wolf. The wolf's eyes widen and a startled yelp escapes it as it jumps out of the way at the last second.

I watch the scene unfold as Celina circles with the blonde wolf. The poor thing looks so scared that it actually makes me want to help. So, without thinking it through, I jump down from my tree and growl.

At the sound, Celina's wolf whips around to face me. She shows shock for a moment and I choose that moment to lock eyes with the blonde wolf and silently tell them to run. They nod in thanks and bolt back into the cover of the trees.

Celina suddenly snaps back and turns to tag the wolf, only to realise that they're gone. She turns and growls at me while I growl right back. Luna or not, this is like a game of survival tag and I will not loose.

She lunges for me, so I sidestep her and bolt off into the forest, still in human form. I hear her growl behind me and the heavy fall of paws. I pick up my pace as I go through twists and turns trying to loose her and small spaces that I know wolves can't get through or get passed.

As I slide under another log, I hear a huff. I turn around to see Celina looking at me with a gleam in her eye, to which I smile. She then bolts off in the other direction, searching for another victim.

I jump up into the nearest tree and become frozen on a high branch. I stay still as I try to listen for movement again. I'm met with silence.

I stay in my tree for the next three hours, not as well hidden, but still hidden enough. I wonder who's actually still out there? I'm sure Taylor and Ally will still be going strong because I've made them train every single day, two times a day. There's no way they'd be caught in the first 10.

A rustling to the left draws my attention. My head snaps in that direction as I freeze and hold my breath. I wait patiently to see who emerges and I almost jump out of my skin when I realise it's Axel. Now remember, Axel is an alpha wolf that's midnight black with silver eyes. He can scare the living daylights out of anyone.

I gulp slightly as he stalks through the trees, looking with his striking silver eyes to see who the next victim is. I stay perfectly still as I just watch him, hoping for him to just hurry it up and move on.

Axel being an alpha though, knows when someone's watching him. He suddenly freezes on the spot, a paw hanging in the air ready to be put down. Oh. Crap.

He looks in the direction of the tree I'm situated in, making my heart beat accelerate. Bad move.

Axel instantly hears my racing heart beat and starts looking in and around the tree I'm in. I don't want him to find me, so I close my eyes and try to control my breathing. Calm down, I mutter in my head, calm down.

My heart beat comes back down to a normal pace, which seems to through Axel off guard because when I open my eyes, his eyes are darting around everywhere trying to spot me again.

Just to confuse him even more, I grasp a loose branch in my hand. I look for a clearing in the tree's leaves and, when I find one, I launch the branch through and wait to hear it connect with the ground. A few seconds later, the distant sound of the branch hitting the ground fills my ears. I look to Axel to see his head snap in that direction. He quickly scans the area one last time before sprinting off to the where the branch landed. He's gonna be annoyed when he realises that it was only a branch that got his attention...

As soon as he's out of sight, I jump down from my tree and run in the opposite direction. So, I've been chased down by Celina and Axel, so that only leaves Callum. I wonder where he's at?

I don't have to wonder for very long, because as I'm about to race up another tree, I hear two growls not even 20 metres away.

My eyes widen when a sandy coloured wolf and a light brown wolf come flashing pass me. I blink a couple times before getting over the shock and bolting off after them, easily catching up in my human form.

I trail behind Callum as he continues to chase the wolf. I'm so gonna pin this on him the next time I see him. Me trailing behind him for how long while he doesn't even notice. Ha! Classic...

Callum suddenly crouches low and goes in for the tag. The light brown wolf notices and picks up their pace. Just by the looks of it, you can easily tell that the light brown wolf won't be able to get out of the tag.

Just as Callum launches himself off the ground, I take a hold of his tail and give it a good pull. Callum stops in midair as his large, wolf body collapses to the floor, just missing the light brown wolf.

I chuckle as I hear his growl, but before he can retaliate, I take off running. I laugh as I hear his heavy paws falling far behind me.

For the rest of the 'task', I run around trying to avoid Axel, Celina and Callum, help those who are about to be tagged and keep myself high in the trees. I've had a few run ins with other wolves, but they just nodded at me and kept on running.

The task has been running for about six hours now, I don't even know who's left. I'm pretty sure that the first 10 were taken out in the first three hours, but I can't be sure. This being the reason, at this very moment, I'm heading for the grounds to check everything out.

Somehow, I've managed to dodge the taggers the past hour and arrive at the grounds without being seen or tagged. They do have to cover a lot of ground though.

As I approach the grounds, I jump into the nearest tree. To my utter and complete surprise, everyone from the group is there. Including a very pissed off Taylor and Ally who just looks a little shocked. I chuckle at their faces, priceless.

A black wolf, white wolf and sandy wolf suddenly bursts through the tree cover. No mistake, it's Axel, Celina and Callum. They all head behind a different tree and shift, emerging again with clothes on.

They all make their way to the middle of the group while everyone stares at them expectantly.

Callum clears his throat. "Well, it seems like we can't find Alex. We've searched the whole territory and she's nowhere to be found. So!" He suddenly exclaims. I sit up from my relaxed position in the tree and listen intently. "Whoever finds her, gets to eat her infamous 'Alex's special desert'!"

A round of cheers is heard as I raise an eyebrow. They expect me to cook? Please! They can cook for themselves! I ain't their bloody slave!

I jump down from my tree and strut my way into the grounds. No one notices me since they're still all cheering, so I decide to change that.

"You expect me to cook?" Everyone's head snaps towards me at the sound of my voice. I look to Taylor and Ally to see that they're sporting big grins. Probably because they know I so wouldn't cook for the person who found me. No way in hell!

I look to Callum to his shocked and slightly surprised face. I raise an eyebrow at him while putting on a look that says, 'really?'. He sends me a sheepish smile and I can't help but roll my eyes at him. He's so ridiculous.

I then look to Axel and Celina. Axel's face shows one of approval and proudness. My wolf howls in happiness knowing that her alpha is proud of her.

Then I look to Celina to which I realise that she's not standing where I originally thought she was. The next moment, I'm engulfed in a hug by small and dainty arms. Celina.

I stand there in shock for a moment as Celina, my luna, my shy and kind luna, hugs me. Why is she hugging me? None the less, I hug her back with all my might. She hugs like a mother and I haven't had a mother hug in a very very long time. She may be only a year older than me, but she's certainly a lot wiser than her age.

She pulls back to smile at me in relief. I stare at her confused. Relief? Why is relief showing on her face?

"Alex." She breaths. "I'm so glad you're safe! We've been looking for you for hours! Don't ever do that again! You had us worried sick!" She scolds as she pulls me into another hug.

Wha... I'm so confused...

"Celina, I think she's gonna suffocate if you keep hugging her." Axel says softly as he pries Celina's arms off me.

He pulls her into his arms as he nods his head at me. I nod back with a small smile. Axel takes Celina inside as he leaves Callum to deal with us.

I give him an expectant look as he clears his throat. He is so not getting dessert tonight.

"Right, uh... Since we have everyone here, it's time to announce who shall be assigned to the mission." He says as he looks directly at me the whole time.

I smirk at him as I make my way to stand next to Taylor and Ally. Callum continues to go on and on about how dangerous the mission is and all that stuff. To be honest, I tune out.

"Pst! Alex!" Taylor whisper yells. I tune back in and look at her. She motions to Callum with her eyes, so I turn my head to him and actually listen.

"Now to announce those who are taking part in the mission." He says as everyone's eyes transfix on him. We all hold our breaths, even though all of us know our fates.

"The following people step forward: Alex, Ally, Derek, Scott, Luke, Sam, Liam, Noah, Louie and Taylor." We all step forward and I can't help but grin at the people who are standing beside me.

"You are the people who we have chosen." Callum says proudly and just like that, I feel like I've finally accomplished something in my life.

¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•

This is a make up chappie for the crappy one I posted yesterday. Yes, two updates in two days :) You're very welcome! Haha

A lot of people have been asking if I'm gonna do a POV in Celina or Axel, but I don't think I am. This book is mainly gonna be based around Comrade, so I highly doubt that I'll do a POV in Celina or Axel. Sorry guys :/

If you're wondering about the pups, I'm gonna write a third book all about them! So, if you can make it through this book, then you can learn about the pups ;D haha

Also! Whoever I was supposed to give shout outs and dedications too, I've lost all that as well. So! Whoever wants a shout out on their books, message me or post it on my wall. Whoever wants a dedication, private message me and tell me three reasons why I should give a dedication to you :)

Sorry about the above, but it was necessary :/

Love ya
Violet