Chapter 8

FEL: Ch. 8

COMRADE'S POV

The next few days are miserable. Instead of picking on me, Damon starts picking on Kate. I don't know how much longer she'll survive, she doesn't know how to cope with this. The worst part is that I don't even know what he's doing to her! She just comes back to the cell battered and bruised and won't tell me anything. Most of the time, she falls asleep from exhaustion.

Damon's given up questioning me about Celina since he believes I know nothing. I haven't seen the torture room since that night. I shudder at the thought of it. I feel sorry for Kate though, she's seen it a lot lately.

"Get in there girly, you're done for the day." Mr Crusher, yes Mr Crusher, says while he throws Kate back into the cell. I quickly rush to her side and cradle her head in my lap. I growl at Mr Crusher as he walks out, I hear his laugh before the door is slammed shut.

Kate lets out a pain filled groan. She's gripping her left wrist in her hand, so I softly peel her fingers away and inspect it.

"It's not broken, just badly bruised. I'm so sorry Kate." I whisper. She just smiles small at me and closes her eyes, feeling asleep.

I sigh as I stroke her hair. She can't keep going through this, she just can't. She won't last, she hasn't even shifted yet! Just another reason for me to kill that son of a bitch Damon. He better watch his back.

After hours of just sitting there with a sleeping Kate in my arms, the door opens to reveal the usual guard to bring food. I look up to glare at him, but I'm met with a sight that actually shocks me. Instead of food and a stone face, he's holding handcuffs and his face is filled with fear. Why? I have no clue.

He yanks open the cell door, clasping the cuffs on our wrists before I can even retaliate. He throws Kate over his shoulder, causing me to growl. He doesn't pay me any mind as grips my shirt and starts dragging me along with him.

I look to Kate to check she's alright, but she hasn't even opened her eyes. I panic, she has to be ok. Maybe she's just in a deep sleep, yeah... That's all. She's just sleeping.

I shake my head, even I know that's a stupid thought. Kate's not waking up because something's wrong. Something's not right and I don't know if she's gonna make it.

"Hurry up." The guard seethes. I use all my strength to try and hold him back, trying to get him to slow down. In my weak state though, it doesn't really work.

"Why should I, you son of a bitch?" I growl back in challenge. In response, he growls.

"Don't test me, I can knock you out cold." He warns. I ignore his warming and send a harsh kick to the back of his leg.

He stops on his tracks and slowly turns around to face me with a menacing face. We're literally less than a metre away from the door, less than a metre away to the outside world.

"I said don't test me!" The guard roars then, true to his warning, punches me square in the face, knocking me out cold.

* * *

I feel myself coming too as a headache hits me like a brick wall. I hold in my groan by gritting my teeth and slowly peel my eyes open. I'm met with the shirt covered back of the guard who knocked me out. This time I have to hold back my growl. He betta watch his back too.

I turn my head to the left and see a still out cold Kate. Her head keeps knocking against the guards' back, making me worry about her even more. I feel myself bobbing a bit too, so I'm guessing we're running. What's the rush?

"Damn it!" I hear the guy growl before he dumps Kate and I on the forest floor. I look up to the sky to see it pitch black, no stars and a full moon

I look to Kate and wriggle my way over to her. I press my ear to her chest to see if her heart's still beating. It thankfully is... just.

"Seems like the boss can't do what he intended to do, so I'll just have to do it for him." The guard mutters before flipping out a pocket knife.

My eyes widen and I growl. He pauses in his movements before smirking and advancing on me.

I jump to my feet and snarl at the guard. He snarls right back and lunges for me. I jump into the air as he dives under me and kick him square in the back.

He groans as he collapses to the floor, dropping the knife. He goes to reach for it, but I quickly kick it out of his reach.

He stands wearily, eyeing me. I growl at him from low in my chest, even surprising me a bit. His eyes widen as he stumbles to get away from me. I watch him run away like a coward, wishing that I could go after him. I can't though because that would mean leaving Kate. Alone. At night. I can't and won't do that.

I strain my ears to hear something, anything, as I cradle Kate's head in my lap. Well, as much as I can with my hands bound behind my back.

"It's all gonna be ok Kate, it's all gonna be ok." I mumble in her ear as my eyes start to droop, the sudden coldness of the night hitting me hard.

Kate's small figure starts to shake from the cold, my body mimicking her. I need to keep her warm... I don't care what I'm feeling right now, all that matters is Kate.

As softly as I can, I remove Kate's head from my lap and lightly place it on the grass covered ground. Taking a deep breath, I close my eyes and jump, tucking my knees to my chest. When I open my eyes, my hands are still bound, but they're at the front instead of the back.

I quickly hug Kate's body to mine to try and keep her warm. Despite my efforts, her body to continues to shake violently from the cold. I sigh as I come to the conclusion, that I may not be able to help her...

Hearing a howl in the distance, makes my head snap up and my eyes to widen. Someone's here. I don't know if they're good or bad, but someone's here and they can help.

I scoop Kate up bridal style the best I can and take off running. Please be someone good who can help us. Be someone who can help Kate and I. Please, I'm begging you Moon Goddess, please.

I don't know how long I run for, maybe 20 minutes, but I almost cry out in joy when I hear the sound of wolves. I burst out from the cover of the trees and enter what could be the description... of hell on earth.

I shrink back away into the cover of the trees and lightly set down Kate near a tree. I make sure she's comfy leaning against the tree before I slyly move through the cover again.

All different colours of wolves are battling it out outside what seems to be a broken down pack house. That must be where Damon was holding me. I growl at the thought. I will get that bastard one of these days.

A light brown wolf seems to hear my growl because next thing I know, I'm being tackled to the ground. I growl at the wolf and buck her off me. She growls back, but moves on to her next opponent.

The door of the pack house suddenly bursts off its hinges, revealing a sight I never thought I would see again. My breath catches in my throat at the sight of them. They came. They really came.

Time just seems to slow down as I look them. There, standing just outside the door, is Celina and Axel in their wolf forms. Celina's beautiful snow white wolf looks as graceful and elegant as ever next to Axel's pitch black wolf that looks as dominating and powerful as I remember.

I look to the left and see a sandy coloured wolf, the same sandy colour as Callum. A big grin makes it's way onto my face at the sight of him. They came. They all came.

Axel lets out a howl that causes me to block my ears. All the wolves look to him, the only ones left are his pack. There's about ten of them all up.

They all shift back into human form and make their way to Axel. He starts speaking, but I don't hear a word he's saying. I just stand there with a big, goofy grin on my face, one thought on my mind: I'm being rescued.

He continues talking as I look to Celina. She looks sad and defeated, but a little hope still shines in her eyes. All I want is for her to look up and see me, that's all I want. To see Celina's shining golden eyes locked with my dark ones. That would make my day, my cold, sad and miserable day.

As if sensing me, Celina looks up. She freezes for a moment, her mouth ajar as she just looks at me. My grin becomes even wider at the sight of her tears of joy. She missed me. She actually missed me.

Her eyes suddenly fill with fear as she averts her eyes to behind me. I give her a confused look and start to turn around. Before I can do that though, a sharp pain goes through my lower abdomen. I look down to see the tip of a knife just peeking through my skin.

"You can run, but you can't hide forever Comrade. I'll find you and get you if it's the last thing I do." A menacing voice, I can only recognise as Damon's, whispers harshly in my ear.

My vision starts to get blurry and my world starts to spin. I collapse to the ground, but not before I see Celina push everyone out of her path and scream, "Comrade!"

¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•

Sorry for the late update, but I'm writing for two books so it's a bit hard :/ So, to my sadness, updates will now be every three or four days because I just can't do it. I'm sorry :(

Shout out to SilentastheWind! She's amazing! I'm reading two of her book and I'm honestly checking to see if either of them have updated every time I go on wattpad :) Read her books! Please? Hehe

Love ya
Violet

P.S. I know it's short, sorry :(