Chapter 5: The Monstrel Mash

Mulai dari awal

His endless gaze seems to look past her as he speaks. "And your friends? What are their names?" Nanako's eyes widen at the realisation that they have all been discovered. "Now!" A familiar voice calls out from the top of the stairs and the sound of a blade piercing flesh echoes through the dormitory. Nanako's eyes widen as she sees one of Katta's compatriots with a blade extending from his arm, being used to skewer Fu, forcing him to his knees.

Moments later, Before Nanako can utter a word, her mouth is covered and her body is held tightly by another large, well built boy. A clapping sound echoes across the wooden room as Katta makes himself known, walking down the creaking stairs with a prideful look on his face. "So, so pitiful. This is what you get for going against me." Fu smirks as blood drips from his mouth. "What are you smirking at?" Katta asks, not willing to completely dismiss the boy's chances. "You only brought six people? I feel like I'm being underestimated..." Katta's smirk appears once again before he laughs maniacally. "Push him down. I want this bastard grovelling at my feet." The boy states haughtily as his companion complies, pushing his blade deeper into Fu's body and forcing him to his hands and knees.

Fu looks up, gazing into the eyes of his aggressor. "All this...Because I didn't immediately fall for Moka?" Katta smiles malevolently before replying. "It might have started that way, but...those eyes...those damn eyes. Looking at me like I'm nothing. Pure blooded scum like you need to be put in their place." Fu's smirk widens as he silently picks up a stone lying on the ground, moving it into position before flicking it with astonishing force. The small stone hits the arm of the large boy holding Nanako captive, allowing her to break free.

Quickly turning to face her captor, she regresses to her monster form, revealing claws in place of her hands and sharp feathers running up her arms and legs. Her thighs appear to grow stronger as her feet become talons. She slashes at her captor with her claws before letting loose a sonic cry, sending the boy smashing through the staircase behind them.

Bite Sized Monster Dictionary: Harpy "Creature's who's form has been noted as a grotesque, bird of prey with the face of a woman, a woman with the features of a bird, or anywhere in-between. Abilities range between subspecies. Some capable of sonic cries that can shatter even the toughest glass, or others, capable of spreading death and decay through means still unknown."

Katta turns to see the spectacle, giving Fu time to ascend the bladed arm of his own captor, contorting his arms backwards to reach his captors face before slamming it down on the back of his own head, knocking him out. Katta looks back towards him, only to receive a powerful kick to the stomach, sending him reeling back. Wincing with his hand on his stomach as he stands up, shifting his stare to the focus of his ire. "Everyone, get out here! Get this asshole!" Silence is all that follows his scream.

Katta looks towards the dark hallways, noticing a faint mist emanating from it before the frozen body of one of his allies comes sliding across the floor, shattering as it hits an uprooted wood plank and revealing the shivering, unconscious form of the boy with slit, reptilian eyes. "W-what?" The boy manages to stutter out. "Thanks!" Fu yells out to the shadows. No one walks out, however he does receive a quiet reply. "Walk with me to school tomorrow." Fu lets out a small chuckle as his helper leaves the building out of another entrance somewhere. "Now, where were we?" Fu asks sarcastically to the boy between him and Nanako as Katta shakes with a mixture of fear and anger. Katta's body begins to morph, revealing a large bone-like sword in place of his left arm and a similar looking shield where his right arm was.

Bite Sized Monster Dictionary: Outcast Ayashi (Monstrel)
"Type of hybrid Ayashi with unclear ancestors. Among all the Ayashi, majority are Outcast Ayashi with different types and abilities. Majority of them have the ability to transform their body parts into different weapons or performing different skills with their bodies. Rank varies greatly."

"Dammit...I'll kill you!" The boy attempts to charge his foe, forgetting about the girl behind him who surprises him with another powerful cry that tears up the floorboards before slamming into the boy's back. The blast throws him towards Fu, who throws a punch towards the flying boy. Katta places his shield arm in front of him to absorb the blow but as Fu's fist hits the hard shield, it continues through, smashing through the shield and connecting with Katta's face.

The boy is sent sprawling onto his back, leaving him barely conscious. "What...are you...?" As his world fades to black, his last sight is Fu standing over him with a blank expression and profuse blood on his arm and chest. The last sound; the faint noise of a bell tolling in the distance. "Are you okay?" Fu looks up to see Nanako looking at him worriedly, most likely because of his 'injuries'. "I'm fine. What about you?" Nanako quickly looks away from Fu as he smiles at her. "I-I'm okay..."