Chapter 8: The Crafts Club

Another hour has passed since the fight with the Karate club captain and so far, not a single club has appealed to the onyx eyed boy. There was a moment where the feeling of inner Moka's Yoki could be felt at the swimming pool but the boy thought better of going to take a peak.

Casually strolling around campus, the boy eventually stumbles across the track and field club where Nanako appears to be making her mark. Taking a seat on the nearby bleachers, the boy watches on as the Harpy girl makes a fool out of her opponents, practically running circles around them. After a short time passes, the Harpy eventually takes a break and spots Fumetsu on the bleachers. The girl waves excitedly before running over to him, though she doesn't manage to make it due to a possessive Yuki-Onna freezing her feet. "Cold feet there?" An unfamiliar female voice calls out, chuckling as they approach.

Without paying it too much mind, Fu glances down to the shadows beneath the bleachers. "You coming out of there?" A few moments pass after Fu's lackadaisical question until Mizore pops her head out from beneath the bleachers like a gopher from the earth. "You found me~" Mizore's monotone voice causes a short chuckle to escape Fu's mouth. "Damn it, listen to me!"

Shifting their gazes towards the unfamiliar voice, there's a young girl with tied back red hair, a navy blue, sleeveless top, navy blue pants and a bo staff slung over her shoulder. Following closely behind her, is a group of taller boys with similar, navy blue clothing. "Finally paying attention to me? Good. Now, I've got-pbbft" the red haired girl is shoved to the ground, landing face first in the dirt as Nanako breaks free of her icy shackles and rushes past her. "Mizoreee!" Leaping up to the now seated girl, the Harpy angrily puffs out her cheeks. "What are you gonna do if my feet fall off from the cold!?" "Laugh?" The cold girl's monotone voice echoes a sense of truth to her words.

"Pwah! You! How dare you!" The previously dirt napped redhead picks herself up and angrily stomps over to the strange trio with her group of thugs right behind her. "What do you think you're doing?" The girl's question lingers in the air as the trio continue to chat, ignoring her presence completely. The redhead's eye twitches with irritation. "Listen to me!" The girl swings her staff down towards Mizore's head, resulting in the staff being caught in Fu's hand and a claw of ice held to her neck. "Is there something you need?" Fu's words cut through the air like a knife, almost as much as the trio's glare, aimed towards the girl.

The girl's face turns from one of annoyance to slight fear as her focus is drawn to the eerily dark eyes of the boy holding her staff tightly. "Th-that's..." She stutters for a moment before clearing her throat and pulling her staff from the boy's grip. "My name is Deshiko Deshi. A member of Youkai Academy's Public Safety Commision." Fu raises his brow at the introduction. "And I'm Fumetsu Kotsuzuo. Friends call me Fu. Exactly what do you want? I don't recall any of us doing anything that the campus cops would be interested in."

The girl calling herself Deshiko lets a smirk form on her face as her eyes focus squarely on Fu. "It's you and your little run-in with the Karate club that caught my attention. I'm giving you a once in a lifetime chance to join the PSC!" The redhead stands proud, seemingly expecting the boy to respond differently to the end result. "No thanks." Deshiko's face remains stagnant for a moment, unchanging right up until the boy's answer finally sinks in. "W-what? Why not!?" Deshiko's angered expression tenses further when Fu gives her a look of pure disinterest. "Simple. I didn't fight the Karate club because I wanted to protect or punish." "Eh? But I heard that you forced them to return the money they took and apologise?" The redhead's confusion only continues to grow as Fu waves off the accusation. "That was just a bonus. I wanted to learn karate and they were jerks so I didn't mind knocking a few heads." "A-A bonus..." Deshiko's mind seemed to be swimming with complicated thoughts.