prologue

Junhoe and Jiwon had only been dating for one week.

One week.

And they both already felt more confused than they had probably ever been in their lives.

To be fair, it was their own faults. Why wouldn't Junhoe feel confused if Jiwon would do things like kissing him (so lightly) on the cheek before running straight out of the room, and why wouldn't Jiwon feel bewildered if Junhoe would offer to hold hands but the instant Jiwon would agree, the younger would change his mind so abruptly? They were both driving each other slightly crazy without realising—but it was funny because, well, they were kind of used to doing that.

"Hyung," Junhoe suddenly piped up and Jiwon almost jumped out of his seat, breathing heavily as he clutched his heart. "W-Where the heck did you come from?"

"I've been here for five minutes..."

"Oh. No, yeah, I totally- totally knew that."

"I wanted to ask you something," Junhoe said as he went to sit next to Jiwon, glossing over that entire earlier situation because he didn't know what to do with it. That got Jiwon's attention since Junhoe usually got straight to the point with everything, but right now, he was stalling and his entire body was seemingly fired up by nerves.

Jiwon wanted to calm him down and hug him and be a good goddamn boyfriend but he just had no idea how to. It was so hard when it came to Junhoe.

"What is it?"

"Nothing big, just...wondering when we'll actually tell everyone we're dating."

Jiwon's eyes widened. "Woah...um, do you want to?"

Junhoe quickly shook his head before pausing then nodding a little hesitantly before shaking his head again. "I don't know, it just—I feel like they're not gonna realise on their own at any point. We're not the most couply-"

"Do you think you're ready for it, though?"

Junhoe frowned, looking like he was in very deep thought before he slowly shook his head like some kind of lost puppy. Jiwon's heart went out to his boyfriend who was so cute and pretty and hot and perfect and he couldn't help but think damn straight, suckers, he's mine. Somehow.

"We'll figure it out one day," Jiwon said softly, offering Junhoe the last chip from the bowl on the table as a sign of consolation and the younger smiled gratefully—and he might've not met Jiwon's eyes but it was definitely something. "Thanks, hyung. That sounds nice."

"We'll be figuring out a ton of things together as long as you're stuck with me," Jiwon said, going back to his phone but before he could properly get into his game of Crossy Road, something warm and soft met his cheek and he died a little inside.

"Blame it on the late hour," Junhoe mumbled, light pink spreading across the bridge of his nose as he pulled away and coughed to hide his embarrassment. Jiwon was just staring at the younger like he was possessed, his mouth hanging open and his face burning red—and there was nothing more that he wanted to do right then than kiss Junhoe so hard that neither of them would be able to think straight for days.

But when Junhoe's head reluctantly fell against Jiwon's arm and his eyes slipped shut, revealing the ultimate sleeping beauty, all those thoughts left. Right now, all Jiwon wanted was for Junhoe to have sweet dreams and one day, one day they'll work up to everything else.

The trip was slow, but they were getting there.

———

A/N: heRE I AM TO MAKE YOUR AND MY DREAMS COME TRUE

a F L U F F Y JUNBOB BOOK

HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF SUCH A THING

well you probably have buT STILL

oh my god I've wanted to write this for so long and I'm actually so excited and I hope it goes well because I just love junbob so much and I wanna give them a book that'll be full of the fluff that no-one seems to give them ): I get that they're a couple that have a ton of potential for angst, but you've gotta admit that they're cute

so cute 

so here I go and I'm sorry if I fail, but I just want to write the cute awkward life of dating!junbob :') bye for now!

coming soon 💕