Chapter 3- The mother's love, I never had. Including- Peyton.

Hey folks! For those of you that have stayed with me on this story I just want to thank you. It truely is a great story, I just need to cut the paragraphs into smaller pieces as some of you have told me. I will be going back and doing that later on. Thanks for the support and enjoy. It's only Peyton's POV today, i'm leavin' you hangin'!

 Peyton-

I was hurting and it was causing me to be upset with all of the wrong people. First Elijah and now my best friend. I cried as I dug through my millions of clothes that were hanging in my closet.

I also thought about Damon, and I smiled, he was the only person who could ever make me smile at a time like this.

I finally settled on a short blood red sequined mini dress and zebra stilettos. I did my make-up slowly, taking precise movements in each brush stroke just to make sure I didn’t mess up and as of my hair, well it was a master piece.

I walked out of my room and went the long way around to the stairs so that I could stop by my un-born sisters room, I guess I shouldn’t consider her un-born seeing as how she never was born. My mom had miscarried at 32 weeks, it was a depressing time for all of us, it was the most heart-breaking tragic thing any of us had, had the displeasure of experiencing. Afterwards she had sworn up and down that she was never having another child. She claimed that it was because she was to old but I knew the truth. I knew that she didn’t want to go through another miscarriage and I knew she didn’t want another bastard child. One was enough right?

I walked through the doors and flicked the light on. I looked around the room at the beautiful drawings of a jungle that McCalla had came in and drew. We had paid her handsomely because of the amazing job she had done, it was quite the master piece.

I looked above the baby bed, where a picture of “the mother tree” was painted very detailed, out of leaves flowed my mother’s favorite saying “When you wish upon a shooting star…” and right in the center of the fan flew the shooting star looking brilliant and bright.

My heart squeezed wishing that I had a little sister that I could hold and become best-friends with, a person that I could go to whenever I needed anything, like now. I walked out of the room secretly wishing my dad wasn’t such a dead beat, secretly wishing that my mother could have had at least one more chance at real love, at another child.

I went down the stairs trying hard not to trip with these stilettos on. I finally made it to our study room, where I knew my mother would be hard at work. Lately work was all she ever did, to take her mind of things I guessed.

“Hey mom, I’m gonna be at that party tonight, so if you need me just text.” I began to walk out not expecting a response, we had been so distant lately and it wasn’t rare for her not to talk back to me.

“Peyton, honey, your not going dressed like that are you?”

I spun around about to snap, but I refrained, this was the first time in a long time she had actually tried to parent me, the first time she actually acted like she cared.

She stood up and began walking towards me “Honey, you need some jewelry and are you sure your not showing a little to much skin? I mean I don’t want guys taking advantage of you, but I must admit you look gorgeous.”

“Mom,” I whispered and fell into her arms.

I could feel her stutter but finally her arms wrapped around me too, it felt foreign but it felt good.

“Have fun and be safe.” She quickly said and unwrapped her arms.

The sadness hit me again, I knew she wasn’t back and I had no clue why I had expected so. I don’t know why I thought she still cared, I don’t know why I thought the hug had meant she still loved me, still cared about being my mother.

I stared at her for a few seconds but soon turned around and walked out of the door not knowing my next move and still confused on how to get my mother back.

The cold wind hit my face as soon as I stepped out of the door and I shivered, hoping that the party would be inside where it was warm. My hair swirled around my face getting stuck in my lip gloss, I groaned ‘My hair was flawless.”

I walked to the garage and retrieved my black Mercedes, I started the engine and got going. As I thought about my destination butterflies began to swirl in my stomach, I was ready for some much needed fun. I was going to make this night one to remember.

 Don't forget to vote, comment and fan! I appreciate all of the support :)