Kristie sighs but sinks back into her chair, seemingly defeated, "Fine," She begins, "But you have to admit he was extremely eager to get into that dress yesterday."

Tom leans forward, his hands pressing on the table, "I said he wasn't gay, I didn't say he didn't have hobbies."

I can barely contain my laughter at his comment and I sit giggling to myself, much to Tom's pleasure.

Kristie pauses and mulls over Tom's statement in her head, her finger tapping her cheek as she does. "Touché," she finally answers and like that their argument ends.

"Thank you," Tom says smugly, turning to look at me, "And how are you today my angel?" I lean into his welcoming arms and let him wrap them around me, "Still as beautiful as ever."

I grin up at him, "Have I told you I love you?" I joke and he winks, kissing the top of my forehead. Kristie clears her throat, making me look at her but I stay in the confinements of Tom's arms. It was actually nice to just be hugged by somebody and Tom honestly gave the best hugs.

"If you love him so much, maybe you'll tell him why you've been grinning so much," She smirks and I sink further, hiding my face from her questioning gaze.

"Oh is this why you were glaring at her earlier?" I hear him ask and I want to kill Kristie for telling him. She knew that as soon as Tom wanted to know something it was impossible to say no– he was too good at getting you to talk. "Elle..." He calls, trying to pull me out of his arms and I groan, clinging to him.

"Leave me alone," I cry quietly, refusing to move, "I don't need to tell you anything!"

"A-hah!" Kristie exclaims, "So there is something you're not telling me!"

Why hadn't I glued my mouth shut already?

I let out a low scream into Tom's plaid shirt, muffling the sound of my anguish, hoping that they just let it go.

"There's nothing!" I moan, refusing to give in.

There wasn't anything to say.

Nothing had happened.

Totally nothing.

"So this isn't about your encounter with a very sexy East Valley Woods High student this morning?"

I pull back from Tom so quick that I get a slight head rush and I feel my eyes widen in shock as I process his words, his smug smile stretching across his lips. "Ah, so it is about that?" He teases and I know that I'm going to have to eventually tell them about what happened.

"What student?" Kristie gasps, her hands banging on the table and Tom shrugs, waiting for me to answer.

"I just saw Elle talking to a tall, dark and handsome stranger at the front of the school this morning before getting dragged away by Matt."

I'm relieved that Tom only knew because he had seen me, for a second I was worried that people were talking about it, or worse, that they knew about me fainting.

"Spill, right now!" Kristie demands and I sigh, knowing that there was absolutely no way of getting out of it.

"Well, his names Trent," I start while looking around and checking that no one was listening to us, "And yes I spoke to him this morning, but only because I tripped up and he caught me," I explain and they grin back in response.

"Knight in shining armour," Tom comments but shuts up when I glare at him.

"He just asked me to show him where the gym was and then Matt overreacted as usual and dragged me away." Kristie snorts at my comment. "That's it."