Chapter 23

Haknyeon slowed to stop at the bridge and waited for Jimin to arrive. "Haknyeon!" Haknyeon looked over and saw Jimin waving. "So, why did you want to hang out today?" Jimin remained silent as he walked on ahead of Haknyeon. They arrived in front of a coffee shop and Jimin went inside. "A lot of things seem to happen at this coffee shop..." He went inside then noticed Jimin was sitting at a table with another person. Jimin gestured for him to come over and so he did. Unfortunately, that was when everything went down hill.

ㅏㅓㅏㅓㅏㅓㅏㅓㅏㅓ

"Chanhee, have you seen Haknyeon?" Chanhee shook his head as he looked up from the book he was reading. "Maybe he went out for fresh air. Some alone time?" Sunwoo looked at Hyunjoon then back at Chanhee. "Do I even want to ask?" "No. Now shoo. We don't know where your husband is." Sunwoo rolled his eyes as he left the two alone.

"You're not going to greet me? That's okay, I guess. I wouldn't have expected you to." Haknyeon looked at Jimin who mouthed a "sorry" to him. "Why are you here?" The person rubbed the back of their neck then gave him a sheepish smile. "I missed you." "After all these years, now you miss me? That's a funny joke." Haknyeon stood up to leave but the person sat him back down. "I know what I did was wrong and I thought he and I had something that we were lacking. But I realized my mistake. I never cared for him the way I did for you." "Then why were you making out with him like I never existed?!" Haknyeon was furious at this point. Jimin could see it clearly as he ushered the two outside. "I don't want to see your face ever again, Jungkook!"

Haknyeon walked away, only to be caught in Jungkook's embrace. "Let me go, you sick man." "Haknyeon, I just want to smooth things over with you and possibly start over." "Why would I want to start over with a cheater like you?" He eyed Jungkook out of the corner of his eye as he fought to break loose of his hold. "Because deep down, you still want me, don't you?" Haknyeon had stopped fighting back and Jungkook took advantage of this. "Even after all this time, you hoped that I'd come back for you. That I'd tell you that I still love you." "I didn't." Jungkook was taken aback by Haknyeon's response. "What?" "I've long since moved on, Jungkook. I have someone else in my heart now that I don't ever want to lose. But because of what you did to me back then, it's hard to trust him." Jungkook finally let go of Haknyeon. "God damn you, Jungkook. I hope you're happy. I pray that you die alone." With having said that, Haknyeon walked away from them.

"Haknyeon, wait!" Haknyeon kept walking despite Jimin telling him to wait. "I want to apologize to you. I...I knew about them, but I was afraid to tell you." This made Haknyeon stop in his tracks. "You knew about it the whole time? And you didn't tell me? So, you were the one that had the nerve to come and comfort me that day?" Haknyeon faced Jimin with a cold expression. "You're just as bad as the perpetrator, Jimin. Imagine how your fan would feel if I told him about what you did." Haknyeon turned around and made his way back to the dorm.

ㅏㅓㅏㅓㅏㅓㅏㅓㅏㅓ

"Oh, welcome...back...?" Jacob said as he watched Haknyeon run to his room.

Haknyeon covered his face with his pillow then felt hot tears on his cheeks. "Why did he have to come back? I was completely happy, well, mostly happy without him." He heard his door open and close but didn't look to see who it was. "Haknyeon, you're crying. Is it because of me?" Haknyeon removed the pillow from his face as he looked up at Sunwoo. "I need you..." Sunwoo had understood as he pulled him into a hug then gave his cheeks kisses.

"Do you feel okay with telling me what happened?" "I met him again." "Jungkook?" "Yes." They remained silent until Haknyeon broke the silence. "He wants me back. I told him that I have someone else, but I'm afraid he won't give up easily..." Sunwoo gave Haknyeon a peck on the lips then a smile. "I won't let him take you from me. You belong to me and only me." Hearing this made Haknyeon feel better as he lied back down on his bed. "Stay with me please?" "I never planned on leaving from the start."

ㅏㅓㅏㅓㅏㅓㅏㅓㅏㅓ

Sunwoo felt a phone vibrate and saw it was Haknyeon's. "Who is this?" "Sunwoo, was that my phone?" "An unknown number messaged you." He handed Haknyeon his phone and watched as his eyebrows furrowed. "Don't worry about it. I'll just block it." Haknyeon placed his phone underneath the bed then closed his eyes.

"Kookie hyung! Wait up!"
"Hey, Haknyeon. Whoa, is that banana milk?"
"I managed to find one for you."
"You're the best. This is why I love you."

The sweet memory went up in flames as that day resurfaced.

"I think he might be over here." I walked around the corner and saw Kookie...making out with Taehyung. I don't say anything as I turned around and ran. I heard someone call my name and I eventually slowed to a stop. "What do you want?" "Do you need a shoulder to cry on?" I never looked at the guy nor asked for his name. I just cried. I couldn't feel anything after witnessing that scene.

Haknyeon sat up in a panic. "What's wrong?" He looked behind him and saw Sunwoo looking at him with concern in his eyes. "Just a bad dream..." "Oh. Why don't we sing songs together?" "I don't want to disturb the others though." Haknyeon sighed as he looked at his hands. "I won't let him hurt me again." He looked at Sunwoo who was looking up something on his phone. "And I'm not alone this time."

a/n: don't forget to vote, share and comment! bet y'all weren't expecting another bts member.