Chapter 7

Haknyeon found it hard to keep from sneaking a peek at Sunwoo to see how he was feeling. It felt like exactly how it used to be, but without the insults and pig references. He did say the other day that he wouldn't forgive him so easily, but Changmin was making it harder for the both of them. As much as he didn't want to admit it, he felt that Changmin was being overprotective. "Haknyeon! We're back on." He nodded to Juyeon then turned to face the camera. "Now we will have the flattery challenge." Everyone clapped as they remember doing this before on a different reality show. "So, who on Team Thunder is going to go?" Chanhee asked. "I will." Everyone watched Sunwoo step out then stand in the center. "Who do you challenge from Team Lightning?" As luck would have it, Haknyeon was picked.

He stood in the center with Sunwoo then saw Changmin glaring daggers into Sunwoo. "Your word is mwah. Begin!" mc Jaehyun said. "How are you today? mwah" Everyone, including Haknyeon, reacted to Sunwoo's adorable 'mwah'. "I'm fine. How about you? mwah" He could see a light pink dust Sunwoo's cheeks. "I guess this is embarrassing for him. Maybe I should finish this with a cheek kiss." "I'm alright. What are you going to do later today? mwah" "I'm going to go out and enjoy cake from a café. What about you? mwah" He successfully caught Sunwoo off guard with the cheek kiss which also gave him the win. "Nice one, Haknyeon hyung!" He high fived Eric then noticed Sunwoo was crouched over in a corner.

"Sunwoo, are you okay?" He watched as Sunwoo looked up at him with tomato red cheeks. "I'm fine. Don't mind me." "But you could have a fever..." He lifted up both of their bangs then pressed his forehead to Sunwoo's. He was indeed burning up like Haknyeon expected. "You are sick." "No, I'm not. I get hot when I'm embarrassed, that's all. Look, the others finished. Let's go back." He walked back over with Sunwoo then saw Changmin move closer to Sunwoo when he returned to his spot.

"Alright, that's a wrap! Good job everyone." Haknyeon found himself wandering over to the table that held all the food and drinks. "So, what's your answer?" He turned around then shrugged. He didn't want to pass up food, let alone dessert. However, he wasn't too keen on hanging around Changmin lately. "Well, I'll give you an hour to think some more, okay?" Haknyeon only nodded then went back to eating his bagel.

He grabbed another then started to seek someone out. "There you are, Chanhee." Chanhee turned around then gave him a smile. "Do you need something? Is Sunwoo at it again?" "Actually, it's about Changmin . And Sunwoo too, I guess." Chanhee let out a small gasp then pulled him over so no one could hear them. "What's wrong with Changmin ?" Haknyeon rubbed the back of his neck, not entirely sure himself. "I feel like he's being overprotective. I feel kind of, suffocated." Chanhee quietly nodded then patted his shoulder. "Yeah. Changmin does get overprotective of those he likes. Most of the time, it drives them away. The poor fool fails to realize this. Now what about Sunwoo?"

"Well, after I won, I went over to check on him. His face looked like a tomato and he was burning up. He swears he isn't sick, but I think he's lying." He noticed Chanhee had started laughing before he finished talking and was confused at the older's reaction. "Haknyeon, the poor child was blushing. He was probably flustered by your charms." "Oh." Chanhee wiped away a few tears then gave his shoulder another pat. "Well, speak of the devil. Seems like he's looking for you. Sunwoo! Over here!" Chanhee walked away as Sunwoo approached. "When I asked that question during the game, were you really telling me where you were going with Changmin?" "I-." He heard Sunwoo gasp then yelp.

He saw Changmin had done something to cause Sunwoo to baby his arm the way he did at that moment. "Sunwoo, can we talk outside?" Haknyeon was confused as to why Changmin asked if he was going to force him outside anyway. He watched them go out then quietly followed behind. "Sunwoo, what are you plotting this time?" "Nothing. I'm just accepting reality." "What kind of..." Sunwoo quickly moved over to avoid getting hit again. "Stop it, Changmin ! What are you doing?!" Changmin froze in place as he looked at a furious Haknyeon. "I don't want to see you near Sunwoo outside of work. There was no need for this. I'm disappointed in you." He grabbed Sunwoo's hand then dragged him over to the van and asked the driver to take them back to the dorm.

ㅏㅓㅏㅓㅏㅓㅏㅓㅏㅓ

"Does your arm still hurt? I think it might leave a bruise." He re-examined Sunwoo's arm again before finally feeling satisfied. "Thanks. Though, there really wasn't a need to bring me back here." "I didn't want you to be around Changmin any longer than necessary after that. Plus, the dorm was the only place that came to mind. I apologize." He let out a sigh then felt a hand stroking his hair. "Haknyeon, are you lying?" Haknyeon swatted his hand away then turned away from him. "When you lie, your eyes light up then dart away from whoever you're lying to." "That's not true." He heard Sunwoo laugh at his response. "Not only did he smile, but he's laughing. It's charming as always." He felt a hand on his shoulder then heard the younger ask him a question. "Was that the only reason?"

"Yes." he lied. He made sure to keep a straight face and was relieved when the younger bought it. "So, I guess you're not getting cake from the café today." Sunwoo said after a long period of silence. "I'm not too eager to leave anymore. I've gotten comfortable." "Well, this gives me a chance to bond with you. Let's watch a movie." Haknyeon remained silent as he watched Sunwoo scroll through movies before deciding on one. "I didn't really plan on going with him anyway. Fixing a broken bond is more important to me." He felt a strong grip on his thigh then looked over at Sunwoo. "You're thinking hard about something. Don't worry about anything and just watch the movie." "Right." He gently pulled the younger's hand off of his thigh then turned his attention to the movie.

Sunwoo looked over at the older and saw that he was battling sleep and was losing terribly. He positioned the older so that his head was lying on his lap. He felt this was a bold move, but he couldn't stand to see his bobbing head. "I just wanted a smile..." Sunwoo looked down at the older then wondered what he was dreaming about. The movie ended and the older was still asleep, so he picked him up and took him to his room. Just as he lied him down, Haknyeon wrapped an arm around him and pulled him down. "Haknyeon, that hurt..." He rubbed the bottom of his chin then pulled away, only to be pulled back. After a bit of tug of war, he successfully escaped Haknyeon's grip then watched the older for a bit before returning to the living room. Just as he was closing the door, Haknyeon had mumbled a "thank you" which went unnoticed by the younger.

a/n: don't forget to vote, share and comment! why do you think you haknyeon said 'thank you'? 🤔