Chapter 1

The Boyz practiced their new dance for a music video they were going to shoot in two weeks. "Juyeon! You're still not getting it right." Changmin barked. Changmin obviously knew Juyeon could do it, but he didn't know why he wasn't now. "Sorry. I'll try again and get it this time." Everyone quietly eyed the two as they went over the same part for the nth time.

"Juyeon looks worn out. Do you think Changmin will make him practice until he collapses?" Jacob asked the others around him in a whisper. "I don't think so, mostly because Changmin is walking towards us right now." Haknyeon said with a hint of worry in his voice. "Alright, we'll go over this one more time then stop for the day." Everyone nodded then went to their respective positions. Younghoon started the music and they all began dancing until the end of the song.

ㅏㅓㅏㅓㅏㅓㅏㅓㅏㅓ

"Chanhee, I'm starving. When will dinner be ready?" Haknyeon whined. "No time soon if you keep distracting me." Chanhee said sharply as he stirred the contents in the pot. Haknyeon pouted as he sat down on a chair. "Do you want to snack on this?" he heard a voice ask. Haknyeon turned and looked up to see Sunwoo holding out a bag of chips. "Really?" He reached for the bag only for Sunwoo to move it out of his reach. "You would've thought." he said as he walked away, quietly laughing. Sangyeon walked in as Sunwoo was leaving and saw a dejected Haknyeon. "What happened, Chanhee?" "Long story short, Sunwoo teased Haknyeon with food. Do you mind calling the others? I've finished the last part of dinner." Sangyeon opened his mouth to say something but quickly left as Chanhee gave him a glare.

"Wow, Chanhee. Your cooking is amazing as always. Did you really cook all of this yourself?" Eric asked with sparkling eyes. "No, Haknyeon helped out. Hyunjoon did as well for a bit." Chanhee replied with a sheepish smile. Everyone enjoyed the food then played rock paper scissors to decide who will be the 5 to clean up. "Alright, looks like you 5 will be on clean up duty." Hyunjoon said as he looked at 5 dejected members. Jaehyun, Jacob, Kevin, Changmin and Sangyeon stayed behind as the rest left to their respective rooms.

"Haknyeon!" Haknyeon looked up from his phone and saw Eric standing in the doorway. "Yeah?" "Sunwoo wants to talk to you." Haknyeon thought for a moment, "Why didn't he come ask me himself? Should I be worried?" He got up from the bed despite having doubts. "Haknyeon, I can't seem to find my necklace. Can you help me look for it?" "Sure, I guess." Haknyeon got on all fours then started looking underneath objects.

"Hey, I think I see something. Can you come over here and double check?" Sunwoo asked. Haknyeon did as he was asked then felt a shove from behind. He heard the door close then a scraping sound. "He didn't..." Haknyeon thought as he tried the knob. The door wouldn't open. "I fell into his trap...again. Why don't I listen to myself?" He looked around and took note of where he was. It was the closet that Sunwoo and Younghoon shared. Juyeon shared one with Sangyeon and Jacob. He lied down then let out a sigh as he played a few games with himself.

ㅏㅓㅏㅓㅏㅓㅏㅓㅏㅓ

The sound of something scraping and opening of a door woke Haknyeon. "How long have you been in here, Haknyeon?" he heard a voice ask. "Huh...? It's morning already..." Haknyeon said through a yawn and stretching. "You didn't answer my question." Jacob said sternly. "Oh, well...It wasn't too long after we left you guys to clean. Eric said Sunwoo was asking for me." Haknyeon said, getting quieter towards the end of his sentence. "Haknyeon, how long are you going to let Sunwoo mess with you like this?" "I-" Haknyeon started but was interrupted by the sound of footsteps. "Oh, you found him. Come on, Sangyeon is waiting on the both of you." Kevin said. Jacob helped Haknyeon up then went to tell Sangyeon to wait as Haknyeon needed to wash and change into fresh clothes.

"1, 2, 3. 1, 2, 3. Now bend." Juyeon said as he leaned to the side with the others following suit. "Haknyeon, are you okay?" Hyunjoon whispered with concern in his tone. "Yeah, it could've been worse. Let's focus now, yeah?" Haknyeon said with a smile. Hyunjoon returned the gesture, but noticed that his smile didn't reach his eyes. "Alright, we'll practice our dance today briefly then move on to singing. Afterwards, the rest of the day is yours." Sangyeon said then looked to Changmin who nodded. "Alright, now get in formation."

ㅏㅓㅏㅓㅏㅓㅏㅓㅏㅓ

Haknyeon waved as 8 members left their dorm to go out. He, Sunwoo, Sangyeon and Changmin decided to stay indoors and get well deserved rest. "You didn't look good during practice earlier." Changmin said as he munched on some instant ramen. "It was probably because I didn't eat breakfast." Haknyeon replied a bit too quick which didn't go unnoticed by Changmin. "Are you sure you don't want to go out? 'Cause you know..." Changmin said as he motioned towards the open door. He simply shook his head then looked Changmin in the eyes. "I'm not going to tolerate it anymore. I'm going to show him he's pushed me too far." Changmin blinked a few times before putting down his ramen. "And how are you going to do that?"

"Haknyeon!" Sunwoo called out as he approached Haknyeon with evil intentions. "Yes?" Haknyeon replied as he put his phone down. "Do you mind holding this for me? I'm afraid I'll lose sight of it while I go get the other half." "No." Sunwoo's eyes widened at the response he received. "But Hak-" "No." Haknyeon said the second time, but this time getting up and walking away. Sunwoo watched his retreating figure then snapped back to reality. He rushed to Haknyeon's room then asked, "What do you mean no? You were always willing to help me out." Haknyeon turned around then walked up to Sunwoo. "I'm tired of constantly being messed with. At this point, I was being bullied by you. I'm not going to tolerate this any longer. I won't let you push me around anymore and that is final." He gently shoved Sunwoo back then closed the room's door, locking it in the process.

"I was worried that I'd mess up...Honestly, I feel a lot better after saying all of that to him." Haknyeon thought to himself. It had been hours since he talked to Sunwoo and not once had he heard from Sunwoo. He felt his stomach rumble then headed for the kitchen, knowing exactly what he needed. "Then a bit of this and that...Boom." He marveled at his creation then began to eat. He heard footsteps then looked to see who it was. Their eyes met which caused the other to retreat. "Is he afraid of me now...?" Haknyeon thought. He hoped that wasn't the case, seeing as they needed to be cooperative with one another.

ㅏㅓㅏㅓㅏㅓㅏㅓㅏㅓ

"Come on, Sunwoo. Just ask him to help you." Juyeon said sternly. "I-" "Don't make excuses. Haknyeon! You're partners with this kid." Juyeon said then walked away as Haknyeon approached. "Well, let's get started then. The others are already ahead." They started their stretches then Haknyeon broke the silence. "Are you afraid of me or just avoiding me? Either way, don't. We're a group and we have to act like a unit. One loose screw could ruin everything." He waited for Sunwoo to say something but received no response. "I wasn't trying to. I just didn't know how to approach you after all of that. Sorry." Sunwoo said after a while. "Enough chatter. Time to dance our hearts out!"

a/n: don't forget to vote, share and comment! how do you like the beginning? 👀