Chapter 13

Haknyeon often found himself avoiding any kind of interaction with Sunwoo outside of business. He still couldn't get over the fact Sunwoo had done something without his consent. He still had the stuffed toy Sunwoo gave him, but he could never find the right moment to sneak it into his room. "Haknyeon. Haknyeon!" Haknyeon immediately turned to the owner of the voice then tried to hide his disappointment. "Changmin. What do you need this time?" Changmin chuckled then ruffled the younger's hair. "Just wanted to talk. Do you mind?" "Yes." "Well, I'm still going to. I want to talk about Sunwoo." Haknyeon quietly nodded as he hoped it wasn't about what he was thinking about.

They stepped out into the hallway then entered an empty room not far from the practice room. "The other day at Everland, why did you come back running?" "I told Sunwoo we were leaving and I was excited to be going back home after a long day of fun." "I call bullshit, but your answer doesn't seem flawed." Haknyeon smiled then received one in return. "Also, why did you volunteer to go find him when I could've done so?" "I see the way you look at Sunwoo. I didn't want anything to happen." Changmin gave him a shocked look then scoffed. "I wouldn't hurt a hair on him." "You did months ago."

Changmin rolled his eyes then crossed his arms. "Haven't you noticed that Sunwoo has been around you more lately? Doesn't it bother you?" "You're one to talk..." he thought. "It doesn't. Not as much as it used to. Guess I'm getting used to it." Changmin quietly nodded then held Haknyeon's hand. "If I can't have you, I'll make sure no one can." Haknyeon shook the elder's hand off then gave him a cold glare. "Don't you dare do that. Changmin, why are you being like this? Nothing is going on between him and I and nothing ever will. And I'm going to tell you again, I can't accept your feelings." With having said that, Haknyeon stood up and exited the room, heading back to the practice room.

ㅏㅓㅏㅓㅏㅓㅏㅓㅏㅓ

Night fell upon their dorm as 12 boys decided to have a movie night. "What should we watch?" Everyone started throwing out genres and one most heard was horror. Haknyeon liked the occasional scare but horror movies really weren't his thing. "I'm surprised that a few chickens wanted to watch horror." Kevin teased as he looked at Juyeon and Jaehyun. The movie soon started as any horror movie would. They all screamed when a jump scare happened and Haknyeon felt himself shaking. "Wait, that's not me..."

He looked over and saw Sunwoo squeezing his arm with wide eyes. The movie continued on with a few suspenseful scenes and a few more jump scares. "He looks scared out of his mind. The poor thing." Haknyeon pulled Sunwoo close to him then slowly stroked his hair. "I'm only doing him a favor 'cause I'd want someone to do the same for me. That's all it is." The movie finally ended and everyone let out sighs as they started to get up. "Let's not do this again. Watch a horror, I mean." Most nodded in agreement as they went off to their respective rooms. Soon, only Haknyeon and Sunwoo remained.

He realized he was still comforting Sunwoo then quickly stopped and gently pushed him away. "Thanks." "No problem. I'd want the same done for me." He eyed Sunwoo as the younger looked like he had more to say. "I was really out of line back at Everland with the kiss. I didn't think, I...I just felt..." Haknyeon tilted his head in confusion to Sunwoo's apology. "Just felt what?" "I acted on my emotions. I'm going to be honest with you." Haknyeon quietly nodded. Sunwoo shifted multiple times before finally saying what he needed to. "I like you." His eyes grew into saucers at the confession. "I've liked you for a long time. In the beginning, I didn't know how to deal with them because it was new to me. So, I expressed them negatively. It was that day that I apologized to you in the park that I decided to give in to these feelings."

Haknyeon was speechless and could only look at Sunwoo. "I wish I had given in earlier, but I guess it's too late for that. Sangyeon is probably right. I apologize for suddenly dumping all of this on you. I'll head to bed now." Haknyeon grabbed his wrist then looked up at Sunwoo. "So, this is why you did that 180 degree turn. And when I asked about the lover...you thought of me." Sunwoo didn't bother to look at him as he nodded. He let go of the younger's wrist then ran to his room.

He came back to the living room and held out the stuffed toy to Sunwoo. "Take it back." He waited for Sunwoo to take it back but the younger seemed very reluctant. "Take it, Sunwoo. I can't keep this. Now that I know the meaning behind this, it gives me an even better reason to give it back." As cold as he was sounding, he had somewhat grow attached to the stuffed toy. It was cute after all. Haknyeon watched Sunwoo take it from his hands then walk away. He knew he had done the right thing, but yet a small part of him felt that none of this was right. "I'm probably just tired. It is late."

He went to the kitchen to make some tea to help him sleep. Haknyeon quickly took the teapot off the stove as it had started to whistle then began pouring the hot water into the mug. "First Changmin and now Sunwoo. Why do they like me? Especially Sunwoo. He treated me literal scum of the earth until-" His train of thought abruptly stopped as something hot was burning his hand. "Holy shit!" He immediately rushed over to the sink then started running cold water over his hand. He heard someone walk into the kitchen but didn't bother to turn around.

"Haknyeon, are you okay?" He knew this voice all too well. "I thought you went to bed." "I was, but I wanted to give you back the stuffed toy. Think of it as a friend giving a friend a gift." "Fine, whatever." Sunwoo looked at his hand as Haknyeon pulled it out from under the cold water. "It doesn't look serious, so that's good." He felt Sunwoo take his hurt hand then give it a kiss. "Hope that helps." Haknyeon could only scoff as he turned off the cold water. Sunwoo gave him a small smile then walked back to his room. "You fool. Thank you though..."

a/n: don't forget to vote, share and comment! soooo, this is awkward. how will haknyeon treat him now that he knows? (even tho new literally told him)