Chapter 20

Haknyeon felt someone shaking him, thus awakening him from his slumber. "Haknyeon hyung." "Oh, Sunwoo. What's up?" Sunwoo bit his bottom lip then shook his head. "Sorry for waking you. I suddenly can't remember what I wanted to say." Haknyeon was still half asleep and was unaware of Sunwoo's nervous behavior. He lied back down and quickly fell back asleep.

He woke up and muffled sounds coming from the living room. "How long was I out...? I slept like a rock." He stood up then stretched before making his way to the living room. "Look who decided to finally wake up." Haknyeon glared at Hyunjoon who shrugged then took a bite out of his chicken. He noticed that he and Chanhee were practically cuddling while watching some cooking show on TV. He opened his mouth but then closed it as he figured he already knew the answer. "Not everyone is here. Even Sunwoo. He would've told me that he was going to go out, right? Well, we're not really dating either..." Haknyeon ate a few spoonfuls of cereal before taking a seat on the floor in the living room. "So, what is this?" "I think it was called Master Chef. It's pretty intriguing." He turned his attention back to the TV as he wondered what Sunwoo was up to.

ㅏㅓㅏㅓㅏㅓㅏㅓㅏㅓ

Haknyeon grew bored of staying indoors, so he quickly washed and got dressed to go outside. He didn't have a set destination in mind, so he decided to walk around. As he walked towards a coffee shop, he noticed a familiar figure with someone he didn't recognize. "Sunwoo? Who's that girl?" He crossed the street then entered a store just so he could observe the two. His heart broke into millions of pieces as he watched them interlock their hands. "So this is why he's been distant. I should've known better...At least I found out before I..." He remembered the small box he's had hidden somewhere in his shared room. He came back to reality as he noticed that they were walking away to some place else.

"I can't believe I'm doing this. But, better now than later." He followed them to a park that was much bigger than the one by the company. Haknyeon's anger and jealousy rose by the minute as he continued to watch them. They had already sat down on the grass by a small pond. A part of him wanted to rush in and demand answers, while the other wanted to just end things all together. Finally making up his mind, he walked over to the two then cleared his throat. He couldn't help but feel hurt at Sunwoo's surprised look. "So, this is why, huh? I figured something was fishy. Just when I finally decided, I see this. I was a fool to believe you, Sunwoo." He looked at the girl then scoffed. "You must feel like the luckiest bitch in the world, landing such a big catch like him. Well, I hope you're fucking happy." He took one last look at Sunwoo then walked away, ignoring his shouts.

Haknyeon wanted to cry, but he couldn't find the tears to do so. He looked out towards the water that flowed underneath the bridge. "I don't get it. He's done nothing but hurt me, yet my heart still beats for him. I must be sick in the head." He let out a sigh then pushed a few strands of hair to the side. "Yo!" He looked around, wondering if he was the one being yo'ed at. "It's you again." He looked to his left and saw someone approaching. "You know me?" "Sure do. Did you fix the things that were troubling you back then?" It suddenly clicked in his mind who this person was. "Well, yes, but now I have yet another problem to fix." "Good things seem to pass you by." "They sure do." Haknyeon rested his head against the stone wall then felt someone pat his back. "I'm sure one day your luck will change. I won't ask about your problem, but, always make sure to have a cool head and think rationally." "Do you mind if I take a picture with you? I have this friend who literally adores you and-" He noticed that Jimin had taken his phone and typed something in. "So, you still want that photo, uh, what's your name?" "Uh, yeah. And it's Haknyeon. Ju Haknyeon." He wasn't aware of what just happened as he took the selfie with Jimin.

ㅏㅓㅏㅓㅏㅓㅏㅓㅏㅓ

He took out his phone and saw that Sunwoo had called again. He opted to turning off his phone and heading over to the practice room at the company. He entered the practice room and was relieved when he saw no one inside. After a while, he heard the door open and Chanhee walked in. "Hyunjoon isn't with you?" "He decided to stay in case you came back. There's something wrong, isn't there? Don't you dare lie to me." "Yes, there is. Sunwoo doesn't want me anymore." Chanhee looked at him in confusion. "I saw him being close with a girl." "You sure it wasn't his sister?" Haknyeon nodded as he's seen quite a few pictures of Sunwoo's sister. "Oh. So I'm guessing you confronted them and left." Haknyeon nodded. "Well, I hope you did the right thing."

They couldn't control their laughter as they decided on having their own karaoke session in the room. "Why'd you have to sing it like that? You could've killed me." Chanhee somehow managed to shrug in between his laughing fits. After a while, they finally calmed down and wiped away the remaining tears in their eyes. "Chanhee, I think I did make the right choice." Chanhee gave him a smile then helped him up off the floor. "Just know that I'll be here for you now and always." Despite what his mind was telling him, his heart was saying the opposite.

a/n: don't forget to vote, share and comment! the end! or is it?