Chapter 6

After practice, everyone had dispersed to different parts of the building. Sunwoo was the only left in the practice room. "Why do you constantly deny your feelings, huh?" "Because you're scared of embracing something new?" He let those words float around in his mind as he recalls the way Haknyeon looked at him when he came in. Sunwoo placed a hand on his head in the exact spot where Haknyeon had touched. "Am I scared...? I feel all these things, but it's always different when he's around. I guess it's kind of scary..." "Sunwoo!" He quickly stood up then saw it was just the Canadian couple. "What do you two want?" "Well, you were really spaced out. We called you a few times before." Sunwoo felt his face heat up as he hoped they didn't see anything.

"May I ask you two something?" "Sure." He took a deep breath then began his questioning. "How did you feel when you first started liking the other?" They looked at each other then decided Kevin would answer. "It was strange in the beginning. I always believed I was straight. But then I started feeling the same for Jacob the way I would with a girl. I thought I'd lost it, that I was just loony. It took me a while to come to terms that I wanted this boy the same way I wanted other girls and that it was perfectly fine to do so." "Do you perhaps...like someone, Sunwoo?" He looked at Jacob wide eyed then quickly shook his head. "I was just curious." "Well, when you start to like someone, one obvious clue is that you think about them more than you want to. Another obvious one is just being near them makes you forget how to even speak." Jacob quipped. "Oh." "Oh, the reason why we came. Sangyeon wanted to have a chat with you." Sunwoo nodded then followed them to where Sangyeon was.

"We should've had this talk long ago." Sunwoo sat down next to Sangyeon then turned to face him. "I'm going to be blunt, and pardon my language. You need to get your shit together. At first what you were doing was harmless, but now you're really doing damage to him not just mentally, but physically too. We've been reading some of the fan posts and a decent number of them have said, 'Haknyeon looks skinner these days.' or, 'Why are Haknyeon's cheeks flat?' or this one that we see a lot, 'What happened to the lively Haknyeon?'" Sunwoo bit his bottom lip then felt Sangyeon place his hand on his shoulder. "Fix this mess you made or so heaven help you." With that, Sangyeon stood up and left, leaving Sunwoo to his own thoughts.

ㅏㅓㅏㅓㅏㅓㅏㅓㅏㅓ

He searched every room in the building then found himself outside. "Haknyeon! Haknyeon!" He walked around the neighborhood then spotted a familiar figure entering a store. Sunwoo went into the same store and looked around. "Oh, it's just you." he said flatly. "Well you sound thrilled. Are you here to help me out?" He shook his head then asked Chanhee where Haknyeon was. "Last time I checked, you made the poor guy cry. More than twice. What makes you think I'd tell you?" "Because I want to make things right." Chanhee let out a chuckle then looked Sunwoo in the eye. "You wouldn't have to make things right if you'd just treat him like the human being that he is." Sunwoo couldn't argue with that fact and Chanhee knew he couldn't. "Go to the park that's 3 blocks down. He should be there. But I swear if I catch wind tha-" Chanhee said then stopped as he realized Sunwoo was already gone.

Sunwoo slowed to a stop at the entrance and looked for his hyung from there. Just as he spotted him, he saw Changmin walk over to him and hand him a drink. Despite this small setback, he approached them anyway. "Sunwoo." "Are you here to cause trouble? At this point, I'm two steps away from beating you down." Sunwoo rolled his eyes then looked at Haknyeon. He observed how his blonde hair with dark roots moved when the wind blew and how Haknyeon had to move a few strands from his eyes. He noticed that his eyes seemed to glitter when the sunlight caught them. "Now isn't the time for this." "Sunwoo, what is it? If it's nothing then leave us alone." He watched Haknyeon quiet the elder down then give him a questioning look. "I need to talk to you, Haknyeon. To apologize..." Changmin moved to stand but Haknyeon stopped him then stood up. "Alright. Don't worry, Changmin, I'll be okay."

They came to a stop and took a seat on a bench further in the small park. "So, what is it?" "I'm sorry for the way I've been treating you. It never occurred to me that you would take it to heart. Yes, I know that just saying sorry won't fix anything, but I want you to know that I really feel remorseful." He looked at the older who was smiling but it was soon replaced with a frown. "Oh, you're crying." Sunwoo gave Haknyeon a confused look then noticed he was wiping his face. "Sunwoo, I'm glad you realized how wrong you were. That's a big step in the right direction. However, don't expect me to just forgive you right off the bat. You'll have to earn my trust back." Sunwoo nodded then pulled the older into a hug, surprising them both.

He felt the older pull away first as it felt that they were hugging for forever. "Changmin is glaring daggers at you, so I guess we should wrap this up..." Sunwoo watched Haknyeon stand up then proceed to walk away. He found himself doing the cliché drama wrist grab, pulling him back. "Can we hang out tomorrow?" "S-" Sunwoo felt someone yank his hand away and saw Changmin who looked pissed off. "He was in the process of saying 'Sorry' because we already have plans." Before Sunwoo could ask if it was true, Changmin had already dragging Haknyeon away.

a/n: don't forget to vote, share and comment! do you think q was out of line? does anyone have a different outlook on sunwoo?