"I suggest that next time when he intends to kiss you he doesn't end up tearing his I'V's" She gave me a look before leaving. I took a deep breath as she closed the door. My eyes landed on Chris who was motionless once again. I let my fingers brush my burning mouth as I tried to understand what had happened.

We kissed.

No. He kissed me!

I found myself sitting down on the couch next to the window as I took a deep breath. My heart was racing and I couldn't believe what just happened. His words kept echoing in my mind, leaving me speechless.

"For fuck's sake! I drove all the way from Rome because you were sick. I told you things my own sister doesn't know. I got a fucking tattoo because you told me to, and I came to this damn hospital only because you were crying and I couldn't fucking watch you cry!"

The words were so much. They meant so much. I leaned on the couch and for once in my life tried to figure out my real feelings for Chris. The game meant almost nothing to me. Sure, I could tell myself that everything was for the game but I knew it wasn't true. I was not in love with Chris. But I could no longer lie about my feelings.

I cared for him. Deeply. I was worried about him. He was an important person to me. A person I could no longer forget. He meant something to me. And by the way, he acted, I knew I did too. Maybe it was lust. But as he said himself. The things he did were enough proof. They were proof that he felt something too.

After a long time in my life, I was beginning to allow myself to put down my guard. I was looking forward to spending time with Chris. I felt good being best friends with his bubbly sister and his annoyingly awesome cousin. I found myself a family in the enemy mafia. If I could imagine that Antonio didn't exist a lot of my problems would vanish.

I would be able to see Alex and Dina soon. They would live with us. Maybe we could all be happy. But then my warm bubble always shattered the second I remembered the truth. I was an Abbandonato. I was Christofer's sworn enemy. He would grow to hate me if he found out about my true identity. He would never take me for who I actually am. Leonardo Abbandonato's daughter.

Once he finds out who I am I would no longer be Gabby. No longer his princess. I would be Gabriella Marie Abbandonato. His sworn enemy. The girl who lied. He would not listen to me. Everything would be against me. He would think I was the spy all along. He would murder me. And whatever feelings he has for me would vanish into thin air.

I was afraid. I wanted to be honest with him. I just wanted to tell him who I was and get it out of me. But I knew better. Not only Chris. Isabella, Felix, Vincent. They would all hate me. And Antonio would finally prove everyone what he wants. But no. I would not let that happen. I would do anything to prove Chris who Antonio really was. And then maybe I would gain his trust.

Maybe I would tell him the truth and explain everything to him. Maybe one day the connection between us would be so strong that he would understand. There were so many maybe's. But there were things that had to be done as soon as humanly possible. Things like making sure my siblings are safe. Proving my innocence. Showing Antonio's true face. And finally getting to understand us. Getting to understand who am I in this family and who am I to Chris. Was I even considered a part of their family? Or would I always be an outsider? The thoughts went on and on. It was around seven in the morning when I fell asleep.