fifteen| disneyland part 2

Dear Simon,

I go through so much shit, you go through the shit with me. You go through shit, I'm there for you. I put you through so much shit, you put me through so much shit. For some reason, I couldn't bring myself to tell you the shit I'd been going through, alone. You often asked if I was okay, and I always replied yes- but truth is I never was, carrying this information that I kept from you was an additional burden I chose to carry.

I wasn't okay, but I hope you are now.

I'm sorry,

Daisy xoxo

-

The email on my phone outweighed Simon's exciting text message.

I didn't open the email, I was sort of angry, at Talia, Darren, myself.

At Talia for not listening to me when I was obviously trying to protect her from the damage that was to be done by Darren.

At Darren for hitting on my friend when he'd already broken the heart of another one of my friends.

At myself for continuously keeping important information from Simon, the person I was supposedly in love with.

I say supposedly because you don't keep things from people you love.

I've always been in love with Simon, not always romantically but I've always loved him and I didn't always keep secrets from him. I always told him important news.

I opened the phone and replied to Simon's message with sweet but curt reply, saying I couldn't wait to see whatever it was.

My name was called from a distance, pulling me out of deep thought. Freya's cool hand tapped my bare shoulder, turning me around to her.

"You doing okay?" She asked cautiously, she offered a weak smile as we both watched Talia and Darren walk off together, already laughing at each other.

Shaking my head at the pair of them, I answered Freya calmly, "I'm fine."

We walked back to the table in silence, the other girls looking at me for an explanation of what just happened.

"He's Libby's ex— the cheater."

A few faces of disgust appeared, annoyance and regret followed too.

"Oh shit," Nia murmured quietly, frowning when she noticed the rest of us looking at her.

I shrugged my shoulders, lifting my arms up out of frustration, "I tried to warn her, but she didn't listen. She's so stubborn."

The rest of the girls stayed silent as Talia's figure, along with Darren's soon left our view, his arm draped around her shoulder.

I could picture the exact look on both their faces.