thirteen| reject

Dear Simon,

I always wondered what Talia was thinking the day she told you how she felt about you. I don't know if it was her sole intention to ruin our relationship or she just really felt the need to tell you. But I had a feeling that it was the start of something bad, even though we'd barely been in the relationship.

Friends are supposed to have friends backs and I guess even though you weren't just a friend anymore, you still did that for me.

I know that I should've done better too, not hide all of that information from you but it felt like I had no other option.

I hope that with all of these letters I send, you'll understand how I felt and why I did what I did.

Love Daisy xoxo

Simon showed up at my house a couple of days later after I'd come home from work

Simon showed up at my house a couple of days later after I'd come home from work. I didn't tell him what happened with Talia, but the guilt was eating at my skin and I knew I needed to let him know why I kept getting worked up.

Work became very busy for me, more colleagues of mine found out about the offer to go to Australia.

It's either they secretly wanted me to leave or they were delighted for me.

Either way, I really began to consider the offer, it sounded more and more tempting.

Deep in thought, I felt a harsh push against my arm, knocking me further into the couch I was sitting on, in front of the TV.

Simon held a can of Red Bull up to his lips as he took his place beside me, smoothly draping his arm around me.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked, pulling me closer to him.

"How exciting Disneyland sounds, I haven't been since I was little and going with friends is something I've wanted to do for ages, " I replied curtly, my eyes zoomed in on the plain white wall in front of me.

"Sounds nice, but it'd probably be better with your boyfriend though."

I laughed at Simon's attempt to make us reconsider to join us or not.

"Look, you're great and all but I need to spend time with my friends too. "

Simon shook his head leaning down slightly to kiss my forehead and cuddle me tightly with his arms constricting much movement on my part.

Simon's phone suddenly rang and the caller ID that sprang up on the screen sent a chill threw my body.

It wasn't Talia, it was Josh. In a way I was slightly annoyed that Talia told him how she felt about Simon.