Chapter 34: I Love You

Lydia was up in her room when Charlie barged in. He threw open her door jumped up and down excitedly. "MOMMY AND DADDY SAID YOU HAVE TO BABYSIT ME TONIGHT!" He yelled excitedly.

"Ugh. No......" Lydia groaned. She sat up and closed her textbook. Charlie frowned and got down off the bed. "Lydia...... don't you want to babysit me?" He asked curiously.

Lydia sighed and gave him her best smile. "Sorry bud. Of course I do. I just have so much homework.... Come on." She stood and took his hand. The two trudged down the stairs together.

Rob and Kelsey were busy getting ready for their first night out in 5 years. "Oh good. You came out of your room." Kelsey said to Lydia when she saw her.

"Yeah yeah...." She grumbled and sat on the couch. Rob didn't like the tone of her voice. "Lydia Marie.... I know you had other things to do but your mom and I.... we need some time out together."

Lydia simply nodded. Kelsey turned to her baby boy. "Go pick a movie." She said. Charlie cheered and excitedly ran to his room.

Kelsey handed Lydia a schedule. "Charlie already had dinner. So don't worry about feeding him. First he gets a Bath. Then he picks a book to read and we read together. Then he brushes his teeth and he goes to bed. However,  since it's a Saturday, he is allowed to watch ONE movie before bed. Don't let him trick into watching two or three. DO NOT give him anything to drink before he goes to sleep. We're trying to get him to stop pissing the bed."

Lydia giggles at the curse word. "Okay mama. I promise." Soon the couple left the house after kissing and hugging their kids goodbye.

"Okay, what movie did you pick out?" She asked as she started Charlie's bath water since it was already 7:30 at night.

Charlie smiled. "COCO!" He yelled. Lydia quickly hushed him. "Inside voices Charles." She gave him his bath, brushed his teeth, and put in Coco.

The two watched the movie together and Lydia turned it off as soon as it was over. "Can we watch another? Mommy and Daddy let me watch two movies before bed."

Lydia giggled. She wasn't gonna fall for that. "No. Mom already told me all about your little tricks, Monster. You are not watching two movies. One was enough. Off to bed."

She tucked him into bed. "Can I have some water?" Charlie asked. Lydia shook her head. "No."

Charlie didn't bother fighting with her about it. He was tired. The little one rubbed his eyes and yawned. It was now 9:45 at night.

Lydia turned and shut off the light. She was about to shut the door when Charlie piped up again. "Sissy? I forgot to tell you somefin." He said sleepily.

"What is it?" She asked.

Charlie yawned. "I love you." He said and started to drift. Lydia's heart melted. "I love you too." She said. She smiled softly as she kissed his head. She turned once more and left the room. Shutting the door behind her.

A/N: I know, I haven't written much about Cerise and Judson. However, I'm working on it. I wanted to do a couple Charlie Lundquist chapters first. To give him an intro into the book. We'll getting back to Cerise and Judson very soon.