Chapter 17: Raegan's 12th Birthday

On Raegan's Birthday, Tim woke up early. Determined to make his baby girl's birthday special. Today, she was turning 12.

Jenika was up as well. She and Tim worked together to make Raegan her favorite breakfast. Chocolate chip pancakes, bacon, eggs, and cut up bananas.

"Are you excited to tell her our news?" Tim asked. Jenika smiled and whispered. "Yes, so ready. She's gonna be so happy. She's been dying to go to Disney World."

Tim smiled. He quickly put her gift in a bag and covered it with pink and purple tissue paper.

Jenika went upstairs and opened her bedroom door. She softly shook her awake. "Good morning honey. Happy Birthday. Are you ready for breakfast? We made your favorite."

Raegan sat up slowly. "Chocolate chip pancakes with Bacon, Eggs, and Bananas?" She asked.

"Yes." Jenika giggles. Raegan smiled and climbed out of bed. She ran down the stairs before even getting dressed.

Jenika laughed and followed her. "Good morning." Tim said. He placed a plate in front of Raegan who dug right in.

"So, we have news." Jenika said. "You're not pregnant like Ericha was right?" Raegan asked. "Cause I wouldn't mind."

Jenika laughed. "No, at least I don't think so. Our news is different."

"Here." Tim said. He passed her gift to her. Raegan opened it and pulled out 3 plane tickets. "Plane tickets?" She asked.

"Read it." Jenika replied. Raegan reads them. "Tickets to Orlando Florida.... Today?!" She asked excitedly.

Tim smiled. "We leave in an hour. So go get dressed. Our bags are packed, they're in the car, and We're going to Disney."

Raegan screamed excitedly and ran upstairs to her room. Jenika laughed. "She didn't even finish her breakfast."

Tim laughed as well. "She's too excited to finish her breakfast." He said and tossed the rest to Satchmo.

Two hours later they arrived at the airport and boarded the plane. Not long after that, they landed in Florida.

Raegan couldn't believe all the excitement as she, Tim, and Jenika entered the amusement park.

Her friends from school had already made it there through Tim's help and ran up to meet her.

They all spent the day running around, meeting characters, and riding rides. Around 6:00pm, they sat down for dinner.

When everyone finished eating, someone set a cake in front of Raegan. "Go on. Blow out your candles and make a wish." Jenika said.

Raegan smiled. "I already got my wish. Thank you." She said and blew them out.