Chapter 32: Hopeful

Judson walked into the home of Adam and Ericha Rupp. "Hello Mr. and Mrs. Rupp." Judson said kindly. He smiled as Rosemary had finally begun to learn how to crawl. He picked up the baby.

"Oh please just call us Adam and Ericha. No need for the whole Mr. and Mrs. thing. We've known you all your life." Adam replied.

"Right. Okay." Judson nervously replied. Adam laughed at his nervousness. "Don't worry. We know ALL about your little crush on our daughter."

"Y-you do?" Judson asked in surprise. Ericha giggled. "What? You thought we didn't? We've known since you were 11."

"Anyway, what brings you here?" Adam asked. Judson was sheepish. "Well, there an end of the year dance at the middle school and the principal said we can bring anyone...."

"And you want to ask Cerise." Ericha said. Judson smiled softly and nodded. "Yes ma'am."

"She's up in her room. Door stays open no matter what." Adam replied. Judson nodded quickly, thanked him and rushed up the stairs a little too excited.

He knocks softly on Cerise's door despite it being wide open. His mouth dropped open when he saw what a disaster her room was.

Like any typical teen, Cerise had posters all over her wall. Her instruments were scattered all over the floor. Her books were stacked against the wall begging to fall over.

"I know I know. It's a wreck." Cerise said while holding a trash bag in one hand and a broom in the other. "Mind helping me out?" She asked.

"Sure!" Judson replied and took the broom. He swept the floor and picked up instruments as he spoke. "So, there is this dance at school this Friday.... and I was wondering if.... maybe you'll go with me?" He asked.

Cerise looked up from her books that she was putting away. "Wow. You're confident." She replied.

"Not really.... I'm quite nervous actually. You don't have to. It's just a question." Judson said quickly. Cerise smiled at the now jittery 14 year old. "Stop, Calm down. I'd love to go." She said with a giggle.

"Really? Oh good! I was worried you'd say no." He said. He watched Cerise smile softly at his innocence.

She shook her head and handed him a small piece of paper with her number on it. "You can call me if you ever need anything." She told him.

He nodded "of course. Thank you." He helped her finish cleaning up her room and left feeling more confident then he ever has in his life.