Chapter 2: Crush

Judson felt his heart beat faster as he walked up to the door. He took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

Adam got up and answered it. "Oh, Hi Judson." He said. "Hi. Is Cerise here?" Judson asked.

"Sorry kiddo. She is but she's grounded. You can come in and hang out with Stephen if you want." Adam replied

"Ok." Judson said and walked inside. Stephen knew all about Judson's crush on Cerise. So he couldn't wait to get all the details.

Stephen took Judson to his room and shut the door. "Alright. Spill. What's so great about my big sister?"

Judson smiled a little. "She's beautiful, she's smart, she's kind, she's funny...." He said.

"Yeah but I must remind you that you're in middle school. She's in High School. I may still be in grade school but you're too young for her. She probably thinks you're weird." Stephen said.

"I know." Judson muttered. "Tell you what, If you can keep your eyes off my sister for the week... I won't tell my dad you're crushing on her." Stephen said, knowing Adam already had a feeling he was.

Judson nods. "Ok." Stephen opened his door, grabbed his baseball, baseball bat, and glove. "Baseball?" He asked.

"Sure, I could play a game." Judson replied. The two head outside. Adam grabbed his car keys and opened the front door.

"Cerise, watch your brother. I'm going to the store. Remember, no tv or anything like that." He said and left.

Cerise rolled her eyes and walked outside. She sat on the porch. She and Judson exchanged a glance.

Judson lost his train of thought when he looked at her. "Ugh. Seriously?" Stephen asked.

"Sorry. Lost my train of thought." Judson replied and threw the ball to him. Stephen did the kissy face at him.

Judson scowled. Cerise looked at them. "Just don't get hurt. I'll get in more trouble."

"What did you do anyway?" Stephen asked. "Doesn't matter. Just play your game." She replied.