Chapter 1: Grounded

Cerise took a deep breath and stepped inside the school. She didn't dare tell her dad she had been late for class that day.

"Where have you been?" Lydia asked her. "I woke up late ok?" Cerise replied as she threw her car keys into her purse.

"Are you gonna tell your dad?" Lydia asked. "Uh. No. Do you think I'm dumb? He'd ground me for at least 3 months." Cerise said.

"Well, not telling your dad you woke up late is pretty dumb. He's gonna find out either way." Lydia said back as she and Cerise walked to class.

"What did I miss?" Cerise asked. "Oh just about everything. Don't worry. I took notes for you." River said.

"Class continue your work. Cerise? Come see me." The teacher said. Cerise sheepishly walked up to her desk.

"Cerise this is the third time this week. I'm sorry but I will have to call your parents. For now, go to lunch." The teacher shut a drawer on her desk as she spoke.

Cerise got up from the chair and walked to lunch with Lydia. "Man you hardly get in trouble." She said.

Cerise shrugged it off. "I just like to sleep. That's all." She opened her locker and out fell a note.

River picked it up and handed it to her. "Ooh must be from Evan." She teased. Cerise laughed. "Right, like Evan would ever want to be with me."

———

Later that day, Cerise returned home from school to see her parents waiting. "Up to your room. You're grounded for 3 weeks. That's one week for every day you were late this week." Adam said.

"Oh... so she told you." Cerise replied. "Yes she did. 3 times in one week Cerise? Really?" Ericha said.

Cerise didn't bother to fight back and went up to her room. Adam came upstairs and went through her room. "Laptop, Cell Phone, and IPad. Give them up." He said.

She sighed and handed them to him as he unplugged her TV. Adam wasn't going light on her because she had been late before. He had given her many warnings.

Cerise was left with only books, her bed, and her desk in her room. Adam took the electronics and went downstairs.

He locked them in a filing cabinet he keeps in his office. "Wow. You're not going light on her this time are you?" Ericha said.

Adam shook his head. "Nope. Not at all." He left his office and sat on the couch. Stephen came home a little bit later to see Adam silently fuming.

"Cerise got grounded didn't she?" He asked. "You wanna be grounded too?" Adam snapped back. Stephen shook his head. "Mom what's wrong with dad?" He asked Ericha.

"Oh he had a bad day. That's all. Come on. Help me make dinner." She replied. Stephen went into the kitchen with Ericha and helped her chop some vegetables.

———

Stephen set the table while Ericha finished dinner. "Dad? Dinner's ready." He said. Adam got out of his office and yelled for Cerise.

Cerise trudged down the stairs. She ate her dinner and went make to her room without saying a word.

Ericha looks at Adam. He shrugged. "Eh, she'll get over it."

A/N: Yay! It's up lol. Took me a bit to come up with this plot 😂