Chapter 19: Paxton's Birth Story

"His birth was really difficult." Quinn said. She was talking to her sister on the phone. "What happened? I haven't heard his birth story yet." Her sister replied.

Quinn rencountered the stressful night. "Well, I had a rough night of contractions so we went into the ER around 10:00pm. Everything was fine. The baby was fine..... and then.... About 4 hours later, it all went south. His heart rate dropped.

So, they did a sonogram. He had the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck and he was breeched.

They rushed me into the OR. Chris was trying to keep me calm but I could tell in his mind, he was having a meltdown. We didn't have time to process what was going on.

It was so unexpected because Zach's birth was so easy. I got the C section which felt like an eternity.... we were so scared.

Well, they pulled him out, said it was a boy but we heard no cry. Chris started bawling.... we were afraid we'd lost him.

Then, as the doctor was about to say he didn't survive... a faint cry filled the room. It gradually got louder. A sense of relief washed over us and we were sobbing."

Her sister, still on the other end, was surprised. "Wow. I had no idea..." She replied.

Quinn said "Yeah. I know. We didn't want people to know. We were just thankful he'd survived. No, we will not be having another. We're too scared." She said goodbye after a bit and hung up.

Chris was holding Paxton who was crying. He looked at the now healthy infant.
I will never forget that day." He said. Quinn shook her head. "We can't, it's burned into our brains."

He let out a laugh. "Can you believe we almost gave up trying to make him?" Quinn hugged him. "Making him and birthing him was difficult. It took us 8 years to get pregnant with him. I'm glad we didn't give up."

A/N: well, there you have it. The reason why Paxton was born an entire 9 years after Zachary..... and his birth story.