Chapter 4

AMELIA POV

After the eventful day at the office, I took an Uber back to my apartment. When I got there I saw that Jasmine was already home. I was surprised since I left right after my encounter with Xavier.

"You're home very early," I say

"Yeah, I have a date tonight so I left work early," she said casually.

"Wait what?" I asked, dumbfounded, "YOU of all people have a date tonight?!"

She smiled and nodded "I think I'm ready Mel,". 'Mel' was her nickname for me.

The reason I was surprised was because Jasmine is 22 right now. She had been in a relationship with her high school sweetheart from when she was 14 till she was 20, they were even engaged. But then one night, we had received news that he had died in a terrible car crash.

Jasmine was heartbroken, she didn't even speak to anyone for months, that's when I convinced her to move to New York with me. We used to live in Miami but I thought a new start for her would be best.

"But there's a twist," she said with a sly look on her face, bringing me back to reality.

"Oh no, what did you do?" I asked, already worried.

"I didn't want to go on a date all by myself just yet so I told the guy that you will come with me and he will bring his friend to make it a double date..." she explained, mumbling the last part.

"What? Why the hell would you do that?!" I asked.

"Please do this," she got down on her knees and actually begged "It's not like your seeing anyone anyway,"

no need to rub salt into my wound of loneliness.

"Fine if you really want this," I mumbled.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!! I love you so much Mel!" she jumped up and gave me a big bear hug.

"Just don't get pissed if I look better than you," I laughed, "What should I wear anyway?"

"Just mix slut and sophistication!" She yelled as she was making her way to her room.

I went to my room and had a quick shower, just washing my body which was smelling of sweat from my walk back home. I let my hair dry and did basic face makeup.

Afterwards, I winged my eyeliner and applied false lashes but didn't wear any eyeshadow. Lastly, I applied clear lip gloss and my highlighter which brought some light back into my face.

For my outfit, I wore a red skater dress that had a zipper down the chest so that I can decide how much cleavage I want to show off, which was none.

I paired it with nude heels, stud earrings and my silver bracelet I bought for myself with my first salary as an intern for a different business.

When we both got ready I saw that Jasmine was wearing a tight black dress that showed off her perfect figure and she wore red bottom heels.

"Girl when did you get those shoes?!" I asked, obviously impressed.

"Couple days ago for this date,"

"I'm definitely gonna borrow them one day,"

"Bitch no!" Jasmine almost yelled "Your gigantic elephant feet gonna stretch them out." she snickered.

I playfully shoved her and then we had to leave, we were going to meet these mystery men at the restaurant.

When we arrived, we saw Jasmine's date. She went over to him and gave him a small hug.

"Hey I'm Dylan," he introduced himself, shaking my hand.

"Amelia, but Jasmine calls me Mel."

"So there was a slight mistake in the reservation and instead of all of us sitting on one table there's two separate tables,"

"We can just push them together, no worries," I suggest

"Yeaahh, no. There on opposite sides of the restaurant." Dylan said, I rolled my eyes and internally groaned.

"Sorry," Jasmine mouthed, I just waved it off, this was worth it for my best friend.

When I got to my table I sat down to see my date who was reading the menu so I couldn't see his face.

"Hey, I'm Amelia," I say happily, might as well enjoy the date.

He puts his menu down and greets me "Hi, I'm Jayden."

As I sit down I look at him closely, he was mixed race like me, brown eyes and hair that had been slicked back, overall cute.

I sat down and we started talking. He seemed like an interesting guy.

"So what do you do for a living?" he asked.

"I'm a personal assistant," I say, putting a forkful of pasta in my mouth. "What do you do?"

"I'm a TV show producer,"

"Wow that's cool, what have I seen you in."

"It's mostly kids TV programs," he says, his cheeks slightly red from embarrassment.

"Well, I watch kids TV more than regular TV."I say "So how do you know Dylan?" I ask

"Well he owns the media company I work with, we kinda bumped into each other when I was late for a screening and he let me off."

"God, I wish Xavier was like that.." I say.

"Xavier?" he asks, a look of confusion on his face.

"Xavier King, he's my boss and also the biggest asshole I've ever met," I roll my eyes and complain before telling him what happened at the fashion show with my ID card.

"I can't believe that, he sounds like a dick." Jayden laughs.

"Trust me, he is." I admit.

After about 2 hours at the restaurant, Jasmine and I decide that it's time to go home. I get up and gave Jayden a quick hug. From afar I could see that she was a bit tipsy. 

And when I looked at her carefully I saw that she and Dylan were full on drunk. I wondered what the hell they did on their date.

"I was dreading this, but I had fun tonight." I smiled.

"Me too,  Amelia." He smiles back.

"Call me Mel." I say as I give him a small hug, he placed a small kiss on my cheek and we went our separate ways.

-BanditLuva🖤