❃Extended Summary + Playlist❃

SUMMARY OF BOOK TWO

SUMMARY OF BOOK TWO

Ever since she was a little girl, Asake had always dreamed of living a normal life. She had always pictured herself living on the countryside with a family of her own. Everything changed, though, when she attempted to protect Prince Zuko from his father. After that, her hopes of having a normal life went up in flames, leaving her in the ashes.

After their failed attempt at trying to capture the Avatar at the North Pole, Asake, Zuko, and Iroh were on the run. Again. They had to regroup and figure out another way to find the Avatar to finally go home. Three years later, and her and Zuko were still trying to find the Avatar to restore his honor. But she was soon figuring out that that was something she didn't really want to do anymore.

Asake was tired of being second best to the Avatar. She was always Zuko's second choice, no matter what. He never treated her well. He never worried about her. It was all about him: his ruined life, his terrible father, his burned face, his banishment. Everything revolved around him. Everything besides her. She had her own life to live, and she couldn't force herself to remain with Zuko any longer. She had to take her life into her own hands now.

Traveling alone should have been easy enough for Asake. For one thing, she only had to take care of herself. Another, she had the chance to work on herself without worrying about other people watching her. None of that compared to the feeling of loneliness, though. She was so alone. No one cared about her. No one worried about her. No one helped her. And it was all her fault.

Ever since her time with Zhao, Asake had been at the lowest in her life than she ever had before. She thought that since he was gone, she would get better. She thought wrong. She was just floating through life in Ba Sing Se until she saw him again. 

Finding Zuko in Ba Sing Se should have been terrible. She had been the one to leave him and Iroh, after all. But it was the best thing that could have ever happened to her. Life in Ba Sing Se with Zuko and Iroh was simple and normal. It was a dream come true.

Until it wasn't.

Everything was supposed to fall into place, but it all ended up as ash. But like a phoenix, she was going to rise again.

PLAYLIST

bite by troye sivan; "a phoenix in the fire, so kiss me on the mouth and set me free."

come on get higher by matt nathanson; "i miss the pull of your heart, i taste the sparks on your tongue."

liar by noah cyrus; "but the truth always comes out in the silence, it rings loud. where there's smoke there's a fire."

hurricane by forever in your mind; "you got the move, the spark, it's driving me insane. break all the rules, my heart is going up in flames."

play with fire by sam tinnesz (feat. ruelle); "can't help myself, got secrets i can't tell. i love the smell of gasoline, i light the match to taste the heat."

sound of your heart by shawn hook; "i played with matches, it hurt like hell. asleep and wake, you're all I see. i can't escape you, can't set you free."

phoenix by olivia holt; "you feel it burn when you're knocked down, but let the fire be your crown."

better now (stripped) by etham; "so i guess you were a liar. you said you want it all, want it all, but you didn't have that fire for us."

spark by fly by midnight; "and i know you fuel the fire. oh, i'm looking for a match tonight, a little heat from you to me."

burned by grace vanderwaal; "oh, little boy, when will you learn. you don't play with fire unless you wanna get burned."

the chancer by christopher; "tell me, have you got a fire inside you? looking full of little life 'cause it die just a little."

burn away by josh mac; "but your love is like a flame, don't burn away when I need you most."

twilight blue by alice kristiansen; "i could light the heavens on fire with all the love i have inside."

The lovely Sophie from thesterlings made the aesthetic down there!

Warning: There are mentions of sexual assault, panic attacks, and depression in this

Warning: There are mentions of sexual assault, panic attacks, and depression in this. Read at your own risk.

Here is the original cover:

Rights belong to Nickelodeon and the creators of Avatar: The Last Airbender

Rights belong to Nickelodeon and the creators of Avatar: The Last Airbender. I only own Asake, her friends and family, and her story.