"What d-does he need?" I asked her shakingly.

"He needs rest. He will sleep a lot. He should stay calm and not stress out too much. In no case should he get cold" She said. As we finished the conversation I found myself walking to his room. My mind was foggy. My headache was getting stronger and I was afraid to enter his room. As I stopped in front of the door that was supposed to be his the tears betrayed me. I covered my mouth with my hand as I felt the tears blinding my vision.

He will get better.

Her words rang in my ears, giving me hope. He had to get better and I wouldn't leave him. I would take care of him until he got better. I dried the tears as I opened the door and stepped in.

The room was absolutely beautiful. It was wide and comfortable. The lights were off, signaling that he was sleeping. My eyes landed on him and I felt nervous as ever. He was laying on the bed, motionless. An IV attached to his hand. I closed the door and walked towards him. I put the chair next to his bed as I sat down next to him.

I dried the tears that have escaped my eyes and just looked at his sleeping form. I admired his sculpted chest and his handsome face.  Even when he was lying motionless in a hospital bed he still looked as handsome as he was.

The doctors' words continued to ring in my ears and I didn't know what to feel. I had been afraid that it would be something worse. Maybe some chronic illness. It was a relief to know that he wasn't deathly ill. But then knowing how many other sicknesses he got from not taking care of himself left me shaking with fear. Complicated pneumonia, hemoptysis, and fluid in the lungs. I was scared. I knew that I couldn't keep this secret much longer.

I was alone at three at night, watching Chris lay motionless in a hospital bed without having anyone here by my side. I would tell Felix and Isabella the truth in the morning. For now, I would let Chris rest. I stared at his hands. The bruises on his knuckles were still there.

I remembered the night I told Chris about Antonio's blackmail and he in rage punched the wall. Gently I took his free hand in mine. I brought his knuckles close to my face as I let my lips brush against his bruised knuckles. I remembered the promise he gave me. That he would reunite me with my family. We were already working on a way to prove Antonio's unfaithfulness. But at this very moment that didn't make me feel better.

I would feel better when I would see Chris walking around the mansion with his devilish smirk present on his face. It wasn't him. The Chris I knew wouldn't be so sick. This hospital wasn't his place. Immediately my mind went back to the night where I had managed to escape Antonio's filthy hands.

The following morning I had gotten very sick. Chris drove all the way from Rome to see me. He stayed the night with me, making sure my fever doesn't go up and that I was okay. He took care of me. I never imagined I would have to take care of him too.

A small tear fell from my eyes right on his knuckles. I looked up and saw him staring at our hands. I felt my stomach turn. Strangely I didn't even have the heart to feel embarrassed. I didn't have the heart to take my hand away and make up a sarcastic remark. All I wanted to do was cry.

"How are you feeling?" I asked him quietly. His eyes went up as they rested on my face. He frowned as he saw the tears on my face.

"I'm alright. Why are you crying?" He asked me. I chuckled at his words as another tear escaped my eye.

"I just came back from the doctor" I muttered, trying to take my hand away. He wrapped his fingers around mine.

"So soon? I thought the results wouldn't come until tomorrow evening" He said with a cough. I scoffed at his words.