Chapter 22

Tristan

Prior to my reckless actions today, I had always thought that kissing was kind of gross. I mean come on. Two people exchanging saliva which could potentially lead to nasty infections wasn't hot.

Boy was I wrong.

Gross was the last word I would use to describe what I was feeling now. I had almost thrown myself on Damien in my desperation and attacked his lips like a piranha. Somewhere in my fuzzy horny brain I had known that there was a good chance of rejection. After all Damien had never crossed the boundaries of friendship with me. But I couldn't have cared less.

The moment when my lips touched his soft yet firm ones, I knew that I had done the right thing. Damn the consequences. I was ready to face everything for the pure euphoria I was in right now.

But the Gods were on my side today. Damien didn't push me away. Quite the opposite rather. As my lips touched his, I felt him stiffen with shock. For the first few seconds he was so still that I began to fear that I had done something terribly wrong.

I was almost ready to back away from him when his arms suddenly encircled me and pulled me close. I gasped in surprise against his sinful lips as he made me sit on his thighs. He sucked my bottom lip and lightly bit on it.

White hot desire shot through my body and pooled in my groin. I couldn't stop the desperate moans from spilling past my lips as he expertly bit, nibbled and sucked on my lips. I held onto him for dear life as strange feelings ran haywire in my body.

His lips were demanding and rough. One of his hands was around my waist as he held me close to him. Another was on the back of my neck as he kept my head firmly in place.

His tongue swept my bottom lip, asking for permission to enter. Just to tease him I pressed my lips together, refusing him entry.

He growled low in his throat. My cock hardened immediately. That had to be the most delicious sound I had ever heard. He started kissing my cheeks and his lips reached my ears.

He lightly bit my earlobe and licked the shell. I shivered and sighed in pleasure. I had been sexually involved with very few people and none of them even came close to this. And we were just kissing.

"Open up baby," Damien whispered into my ear, his voice a husky growl. I moaned and blushed. My cheeks had to be tomato red. I felt the delicious tingle of his words in every corner of my body.

I didn't resist after that. His tongue invaded my mouth and tasted every corner and crevice. There was no fight for dominance between our dancing tongues. He was clearly in control and there was nothing I loved more than following my Doctors orders.

I don't know exactly how long we kissed. It could have been hours. I was unable to give a shit about the time when a certain someone's very skilled tongue was making me feel magical things.

But our bodies unfortunately needed oxygen. So we had to break apart for air. I was panting not just for air but also because of the adrenaline flowing through my veins. I touched my lips and felt that they were swollen.

Damien's lips were also pretty red and I felt a swell of fierce possesiveness rise in me. I had done that to him. I had kissed him like that. He was mine now and would be for the foreseeable future.

Damien smiled at me. There was a slight twinge of nervousness and uncertainty in his eyes but overall he looked happy.

"Okay so that happened," he said while chuckling. "If you don't want to talk about this then it's fine with me.."

I held up my hand. If we didn't talk about this now we would never talk. Both of us were very good at avoiding things.

"No. I don't want to hide anymore. So here it is. I like you Damien. I don't know when I started to have feelings for you but I don't think that matters. What matters is that I feel more alive with you than I have ever felt in my life."

The expression on Damien's face would have been comical at any other time. To say he was shocked would be a huge understatement. He looked dumbfounded.

He swallowed. "So let me get this clear. You like me and you have liked me for quite some time?"

I nodded.

"How long?"

"Since the club incident I guess. Just seeing you in such a different scenario made me think differently about you. And you can't really blame me. You looked absolutely ravishing there," I said before blushing furiously. I definitely hadn't meant to add the last part.

To my surprise Damien looked uncomfortable at the compliment too. He smiled sheepishly and rubbed his chin. "Wow thanks. Never thought I would hear you say that."

I laughed. "Yeah me neither. But it's not really that surprising that I like you. I mean you are everything any guy or girl would want in a boyfriend."

Damien's smile weakened. He cleared his throat and sat up. "No babe. I certainly am not."

"What the hell are you talking about! Of course you are. You are caring, dependable, honest and understanding. And you pack the cutest little things for lunch. What more could anyone want?"

He sighed. "I maybe all those things but only with you Tris. The Damien you saw in the club is a completely different person who you don't know. I never wanted you to find out about that side of me. It is not pleasant Tristan and I don't want you anywhere near that Damien."

I moved forward and took his hands in mine. "I don't care," I said softly, leaning in to kiss his neck. "I don't give a shit about what you did in the club or how you behave with anyone else. It's who you are to me that matters and all I know is that I absolutely adore the Damien that I have known since we were kids. Nothing you do will ever make me dislike you or fear you. You are my best friend and my freaking person Damien. And I want you to be so much more."

I was taken aback by Damien's sudden fierce hug. He squeezed my waist and cuddled me as if I was unspeakably precious. I sighed and relaxed against his hard chest. I could feel the steady rhythm of his heart and it was probably the most comforting sound ever.

In that moment I knew for sure that I was falling for Damien Rogers. Hard and fast.