Narcissa and Lucius

May 21, 1976

Aboard another train, NARCISSA walks down a narrow compartment until she arrives at a bar car. At the bar, LUCIUS is seated, drinking from a glass and reading the Daily Prophet. NARCISSA walks over and sits next to him.

NARCISSA: (to the bartender) I'll have a brandy, please.

BARTENDER: Sure thing.

NARCISSA: (quietly) I was wondering where you had gone off to.

LUCIUS: Just fancied getting out of town for a while.

NARCISSA: Oh, yeah? And why's that?

LUCIUS glances at NARCISSA over the paper and remains silent.

NARCISSA: It's a miracle that we both got out of that fiasco at the Ministry alive.

LUCIUS: It's a miracle the Dark Lord hasn't killed Rookwood yet for abandoning us when he did.

NARCISSA: I still can't believe Andromeda showed up. She and Bella are gonna end up murdering each other one of these days.

LUCIUS: And what about you? Are you gonna get caught in the middle, between them?

NARCISSA: They're my sisters, Lucius. No matter what happens, they're still my family.

LUCIUS nods while the bartender sets down NARCISSA'S drink on the wooden surface.

NARCISSA: So where's this train taking us?

LUCIUS: (grinning) Does it matter?

NARCISSA: (shrugging) I suppose not. As long as we're together.

LUCIUS smiles and takes NARCISSA'S hand, while the train begins to depart the station.