The Outcast

July 31, 1975

Back to Grimmauld Place, NARCISSA and LUCIUS walk down the main hallway, bidding their last farewells to their guests before they leave for their honeymoon.

NARCISSA: Thank you so much for coming, Aunt Lu-

LUCRETIA: Wouldn't miss it for the world, my darling, congratulations-

LUCIUS: So glad you could make it, Mr. Rosier.

ROSIER, SR.: Of course, my boy, not a problem at all-

Near the end of the hallway, MAFALDA stands alone with her arms crossed. She and NARCISSA meet each other's gaze and smile.

MAFALDA: You ready?

NARCISSA: (removing her high heels and handing them to MAFALDA) For what?

MAFALDA: "For what", she says. For tonight, of course.

NARCISSA: Yeah, yeah. I'll give you all the fascinating details first thing when I get back.

MAFALDA: Can't wait. You did good, kid. Congratulations. (She gives NARCISSA one last hug, carefully whispering very quietly in her ear) I'll get more information about the new Minister as soon as possible. And I'll keep Bella from doing anything rash.

NARCISSA: (whispering) Thank you.

NARCISSA waves one last time to her guests before she takes LUCIUS'S arm and swiftly DisApparates from the house with him. Back near the food and drink tables, SIRIUS pours a small glass of firewhiskey and downs it. REGULUS, spotting him, quickly approaches him.

REGULUS: What do you think you're doing?

SIRIUS: (pouring another glass) It's a wedding. I'm having fun.

REGULUS: If Mom catches you drinking, she'll throw a fit-

SIRIUS: Rules were meant to be broken, kiddo.

REGULUS: You could at least act like you want to be a part of this family, you know-

SIRIUS: Oh, yeah? And what if I don't?

REGULUS: What is your problem? Why do you feel the need to rebel against everything?

SIRIUS: Because I'm not putting up this pure-blood mania all-Muggle-borns-are-evil nonsense anymore.

REGULUS: Did you listen to anything Bella said today? Enforcing purebloods to stick to themselves is not the worst idea-

SIRIUS: It's definitely not the best idea, either-

REGULUS: Do you want to end up just like Andromeda? Do you? Becoming an outcast from the family for getting mixed up with Mudbloods-

SIRIUS: (angrily taking out his wand and pointing it at his brother) Say that word again. I dare you.

REGULUS: (taking out his own wand ad pointing it at SIRIUS) Mud. Blood.

SIRIUS throws away his wand and tackles his brother. They continue to wrestle, knocking over a table with an ice sculpture and sending it crashing to the ground, before WALBURGA storms into the dining room.

WALBURGA: (furiously) IMPEDIMENTA!

The two boys are immediately separated by the spell, thrown apart from each other.

WALBURGA: What in God's name is going here?

REGULUS: Sirius just can't seem to accept certain facts-

SIRIUS: Oh, grow up, would you?

WALBURGA: Enough! You two are an embarrassment to this family, on your cousin's wedding day, no less!

SIRIUS: Yeah, that's all I am to you people, right? A non-stop embarrassment?

WALBURGA: You better watch your mouth, young man. You're a part of this family whether you like it or not, and you had better learn your place.

SIRIUS: (grabbing his wand from the floor) Yeah, well, not for long.

WALBURGA: Excuse me?

SIRIUS: I'm done with this family. Accio trunk!

WALBURGA: And just where do you think you're going?

SIRIUS: Anywhere away from here. (The trunk flies down the staircase, and SIRIUS grabs ahold of it before storming out the front door).

WALBURGA: Sirius Black! Get back here right now!

SIRIUS ignores her and holds his wand above his head. Soon, the Knight Bus comes flying down the street and SIRIUS goes to approach it.